Talk shit on our STEM comerades

Am I the only Humanities student who feels like a lot of STEM autists have an over-inflated sense of self importance? Simply by virtue that they're studying an "objective" scientific curricula. In reality, most of them won't be discovering the cure for cancer, and they will probably end up getting beaten by their lawyer fathers. I know a few STEM students who have tremendous egos, and I want to hear Veeky Forums's thoughts on such autists.

That's not to say all STEM students are the same. I just know a lot of them will be disappointed when they end up slinging pharmaceuticals at Shop-Rite when they think they'll end up as the next Jim Watson.

STEM Fields in order of biggest egos to least:
>Exercise science
>Bio/Chem double majors
>Bio
>Chem
>Physics
>Math
>Engineering
>Geology
>Computer Science (most of them are clinically depressed NEETs)
Yell at me if I missed any STEM fields.

come at me, mathletes

They deserve to have tremendous egos. Those are fields where you actually have to do tough work making sense of the systems that we see in our reality.

They should have big egos.

I had a friend who studied biology and has a very big ego. What annoys us about him is that generally always thinks he's right. He's most definitely smart/intelligent or what have you, but the fact that if he is wrong he will will either state "well that's your philosophy on it" or will just outright say whomever he is talking to should look it up (or something) in a condescending tone.

We're all slowly getting sick of him

They are more important than you.

"...well that's your philosophy on it"

lol wat a total faggot. Just call him a stupid faggot for thinking that was witty in any set of sane worlds.

You were actually insecure enough to make this thread. Wow. Protip: "STEM people" are a stereotype created to make you feel superior, just like "art fags" or "jocks".

chill out henny

I'm a biochem student, and I agree with you. I usually try to keep it to myself, but honestly most of us do have a reason to be proud.

This is not Veeky Forums related.

I'm STEM, and for quite a while I was a piece of shit looking down on the humanities people.

I have much more respect for them now, everyone is good at different things and not everyone is cut out for STEM, just like I could not write a good research paper to save my life.

>an over-inflated sense of self importance?

There are sham-mans in africa who are egotistical fakes. They are everywhere.

There is definitely some ego in stem, but some of them are humble and modest as well. Some of them "wonder," when so many people in the general population are basically unchanged from the time when they were five-years-old. They knew-it-all then and since then refused to learn or change or mature.

>five-years-old.
This is not english

>>Computer Science (most of them are clinically depressed NEETs)

You can't be a NEET and a student at the same time. Its in the fucking acronym.

Physics STEM here. Most of the kids in my year thought they were dumb half the time. The other half were quiet so maybe they were the cunts you're thinking of

I've always hated people that think their discipline makes them better than others or just in general that intellectual superiority is equivalent to general superiority. Disgusts me honestly.

Not coming in to say not all STEM majors, just to agree

This is how my BioChem friend acts. Holy shit even if it's a stupid opinion about a fucking song or a movie he HAS to have the right opinion about it, he never listens to what anybody has to say about anything.

STEM is just for normie plebs.

>humanities student

stopped reading there

More like trades, every chad I know either went into carpentry, masonry, or machinist work when they graduated

>no fun allowed

Most of the ones I've met are assholes. I even dated one and he was a real piece of work. On the other hand, there are some really chill ones out there too. There doesn't seem to be much in-between; STEMfags are either super cool or terrible. Most are terrible.

If you wanna be boring then stop coming to this board and just read a history textbook