Why has South America never produced advanced civilization?

Why has South America never produced advanced civilization?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moche_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimú_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caral
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichma_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moray_(Inca_ruin)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Spanish can't create good societies

>inb4 200 posts blaming the CIA

> building with medieval tech a decently fortified military city on THE TOP OF A FRICKEN MOUNTAIN.

Instead of simply killing off their natives the spanish raped them instead. The mestizo race is disgusting

Argentina was one of the richest countries in the world in the first half of the 20th century but America punished them for remaining neutral in WWII by leaving them out of the Bretton Woods system. Suddenly the european countries that were their trade partners stopped trading with them, which caused internal strife and military coups, the rest is history. Uruguay story is similar.

Incas and Aztecs are pretty based user, they're pretty advanced

The Incas and Aztecs were quite advanced, given the circumstances. The Mediterranean region lies at a nexus of several 'cradles of civilization,' so obviously things moved quicker there with more civs to bounce ideas off each other. Peru and Meso-America had only one 'cradle' each, and didn't communicate extensively, but they were still making steady progress.

Aztecs were from North America though, more specifically Mexico, you know, there's an entire *Central* america between them.

On the other hand, the whole premise of this post is false, South America was the birthplace of many advanced civilizations

to name a few:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moche_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimú_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caral
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichma_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_Empire

To name a few.

>never produced advanced civilization

>what is Norte Chico?
>what is the Kingdom of Chimor?
>what is the Incan Empire?
>what is the Muisca Confederation?
>what is the Timoto-Cuica society?

You know /pol/, this quest to find a single location where your "shitskins are subhuman" hypothesis is becoming really transparent.

nah, except for the columbus meme, /pol/ generally respect South America civilisations, if they get serious they even respect Muslims though they won't stop deus vult meme

Its Africans which /pol/ really looked down on

I don't know about that lol

>hahaha user put that boring engineering book down. come dance reggaeton with us. this weather is getting me sweaty I think I'm going to strip to my underwear

how the FUCK is anything supposed to get done?

more a medivial resort desu

>/pol/
>respect for anything except their meme politician of the month and whatever cancerous populist dogma he spouts

>/pol/tard doesn't even research the topic before making a thread

When I say Peru is a single cradle of civilization, I mean that agriculture and civilization emerged there once, as far as we know. There were many civilizations, but they all descend from the same cradle. That's all I meant. Compare to a situation like the Mediterranean where you have Egypt, Mesopotamia, the Indus Valley and China all communicating and trading.

Aztecs aren't from Peru though, they're from Mexico and from an entirely different civilizational craddle, that was my point.

Aztecs are not South American and SA civilizations are entirely different in character.

How the fuck can one Enjoy Raeggeton?

This

It's a very basic and animalistic music, it's made for "perreo", a kind of dance where you let woman ride your dick with they asses while clothed.
Some times they do this if it's your birthday too,even if you are an autistic skinny fat poor-ass dude.

Chile and Argentina are ok

Idk, /pol/ seems unable to even see an Indian flag without the words "poo in look" being posted 100 times.

It happens the same in /int/. Also before the poo in loo memes the Indian had a weird superirity complex about they culture, so the backlash after the video was pretty funny.

Sorry, I know that Aztecs aren't from Peru, I thought the question was asking about the Americas in general. I am aware that the civilizations are different, as my family is from Peru. All I meant was that Peruvian civilization didn't have the benefit of a second neighboring cradle to interact with, which is a big part of what spurred so much development in the Mediterranean.

Geography. The only region in South America that always had a potential to develop an advanced society is the La Plata basin, but there they have a problem with political division.

Nowadays, thanks to advancements in agricultural technology, the Amazon basin also has potential, but there they have a problem with environmentalists who think trees are more worthy than economic development.

>trees aren't the better long term investment

You don't, it's awful shit shouldn't have left fucking Puerto Rico, but getting your dick ridden is prime.

>Europe cut down its forests and drain its swamps
>ends up hugely developed
>South America wants to cut down its forests and drain its swamps to develop
>"oy vey, you can't do that, goyim, think about the environment"

>Aztecs
>South America
user, I don't know how to tell you this...

20% of Earth's oxygen is produced by the Amazon Rainforest, more than half the world's species live there.
Destroying that to build malls and office building is absolutely short-sighted and moronic.

But we're uncovering evidence of planned complex culture cities as the forest gets clear cut and it would appear the Arawaks were responsible for it given the diffuse nature of the language and the material culture (red ceramics) evidenced at those cites compared to contemporary methods.

Lost City of Z touches on a wee bit of this between speculation.

Also:
And the Sican.

It has.

Incans

/thread

Operation Condor

The whole world did the same to their forests, in order to develop their countries. And now the Amazon has become a rare garden that must be protected against the evil south-americans that wand to develop their countries.

Isn't your view also short-sighted and moronic?
You think the answer is that simple?

It's not right to say "other nations destroyed their wildlife so we should destroy ours too".

>Isn't your view also short-sighted and moronic?
my view doesn't deprive Earth of 20% of it's oxygen and half the worlds species.

>people in the 19th century did stupid, destructive shit
>now it's our turn

Nah.

Any perceived lack of development can be attributed to the fact that it was the last continent to have humans migrate to it.

Humans reached Europe from Africa in multiple, separate, mass-migration events by genetically different people many times before humans ever reached South America.

Also I'm sure the lack of beasts of burden, the verticality of their continent, and the nature of their crops and terrain had a lot to do with it.

This has all been said a ton of times before. If you think the personalities of the people living on the continent had to do with it more than the aforementioned factors, Idk what to tell you.

>you will never live an upper middle class existence in South America as a member of the castizo elite, studying economics at uni and ending up moving to the USA to do a PhD at Columbia in NYC

south America seems to be the best continent to be on if you're slightly monied in terms of bang for buck

The Inca civilization is what happens when you invest all of your tech points into agriculture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moray_(Inca_ruin)

also has an irrigation system.

The purpose of these depressions is uncertain, but their depth, design, and orientation with respect to wind and sun creates a temperature difference of as much as 15 °C (27 °F) between the top and the bottom. It is possible that this large temperature difference was used by the Inca to study the effects of different climatic conditions on crops. Speculation about the site has led to discussion about Moray as an Inca agricultural experiment station.

>It's the hue monkey who wants to stripmine his country again
Get help already

>20% of Earth's oxygen is produced by the Amazon Rainforest
No

>EVERYONE ELSE DID IT SO IT'S OKAY

The niggers shoot each other up in the Congo and Detroit, I guess that's okay too? Some countries have nukes, I guess every country on Earth should have nukes! Tell Kim-jong un he didn't do nuffin!

Why did Indians get killed by western germs and diseases but the colonists were not affected by the indian germs?

>/threading your own post

get absolutely shitfaced/ MDMA

>Unironically believing in geographical determinism meme.
The incas and the Andean civilization were among the most advanced in the Americas and they lived in pretty rough region. This also didn't prevent the ancient Xingu Amazonians from developing cities or Marajo mound civilizations from developing. They invented their own soil in otherwise ungrowable poor rainforest soil to support agriculture to develop urban centers.

>what is inca
>you mean there are other peoples in south america than venezuelans and brazileans?

This is retarded posting 101 thread bullshit.

You get it user.
I am always surprised how some people here on a "history board" are so simpleminded as to think the american civilizations were idiots because they did not dosmesticate the horse,had no gunpowder and no steel weapons. Well western Europe did not invent any of that it was learned from other people. Europe benefited a lot from the mediterranean sea conecting the known world, while America was isolated and could not do the same.

>rare garden
More like ancient overgrown gardens and orchards from Precolumbian Amazonian cities. I personally do not have a problem with development in the Amazon rainforest. The thing is I believe they are going about it in a wasteful manner and it's something which should be managed and utilized and understood not simply bring heavy industry extracting resources and clearing land for cattle ranchers. In the longterm thevway they are doing it now is more wasteful and destructive and that goes beyond any shorterm gains imo.

Why does /pol/ think like a single entity?

To be fair, the Xingu ruins are PROBABLY Arawakan while the modern Xingu are a conglomerate of language groups in a superculture developed from tribes fleeing into the interior to escape contact.

>venezuelans
Complex culture developed in modern Venezuela's Southwest quarter(s)

Catholicism.

animalistic music makes no trucking sense.

Indians were ocmpeltely unable to psot for many months because ones presence no matter what got a flood of "POO INLOO" (you's).

Same with what happened with Portugal when Alberto Barbossa was a thing

You can't make sustained and sustainable development off tourism contrary to certain environmentalists delusions. Not saying kill all trees or that Brazil is doing it right but there's a certain point you just have to do certain things.

Same reason it never evolved any animals that took over the world. Except ground sloths which only really reached Alaska.

It's isolated and the climate doesn't help at all.

by not being an autist

Kys normie

Fun Fact, the Inca produced more food on the land they occupied than is currently produced on the same land today.

/pol/ believes in nothing beyond orange shitposting.

You an animal boi." primal " music might fit your pedantic standards better.

Continents are entirely arbitrary give the man a break.

Yeah and it had repercussions so they regrew their forests. Old growth jungle on the other hand is a hard thing to replace.

>indian germs

Cities spread disease very efficiently. There were many more cities in Europe for many diseases to develop. The worst diseases spread from animals to humans because there is no built in immune defense against such things. Many more animals of different types lived alongside people in European cities.
Thats it in a nutshell.

We were still pretty rich up until like 20 years ago, the military coups didn't do nearly as much damage as the fucking commies and people who's feelings got hurt by them would have you believe.

Still better than the French who instead of genociding the natives (like Brits did in North America and Australia) or raping them and improving their genes (like Spaniards did in South America) simply let them live in their pure inferior form, thus allowing the mess that is current Africa

>Any perceived lack of development can be attributed to the fact that it was the last continent to have humans migrate to it.

True by my definition of human (white europeans)

>If you think the personalities of the people living on the continent had to do with it more than the aforementioned factors

What about racial differences?
Given that there are physical and physiological differences between races, it's naive to think there arent intellectual ones too

Tl;dr: Evolution can make a race superior to another one depending on the environment it lives in

That guy smiling in the background gets me every time.

Eugenics sure are real.

Because there was no opportunity for animal husbandry.

The only animal that was barely suitable for it was the alpaca, no cows or pigs, goats, anything.

The native populations were on their way to creating very capable and advanced civilizations, but this process was interrupted by the arrival of Europeans, who had quite the head start because their ancestors didn't migrate all the way across Asia, over the land bridge, and down through the Americas.

Norte Chico is around the same age as as Uruk.

Bullshit. I like both civilizations but they clearly had some cultural similarities in things like religion and human sacrifice, not because of any shared origin but likely indirect cultural exchange.

because of that french cuckery of "republicanism"

way to miss the point

>We were still pretty rich up until like 20 years ago
No, you weren't. 20 years ago your stupid 1 to 1 system was showing the first crack signs. You were deluded, and had this masturbatory delusion that you were rich. But you weren't.

Environment can change the biology of a race (ex; immunity to some disease) and this change is inscribed in the genes of said race, thus ultimately becoming independent of the environment

the guys taking the photos get me

Human sacrifice was practiced in just about every region in the world at some time. Their religions aren't very similar. There were two craddles of civilization in the Americas, the Andes and Mesoamerica. Some even suggest a third in the Amazon.

Protestanism:

> If you have faith, you will go to heaven.

>Sucessful civs

Catolicism:

> Contribute to society and you will go to heaven.

> Not sucessful

Even anglo retards can manage how shit are your reasons. The only thing that kept anglo civ is the fact that they live in a fucking island.

Would then have survived the spaniards, the french, or the nazis if GB was connected to mainland Europe?

Anyway, God doesnt exists.

*tips fedora*