Armor thread

post armor

i'm requesting Phrygian armor, swooped helmets with face masks and all

Want to post a picture of Jesus but am too lazy

Nice pixels.

>BECOME UNSTOPPABLE

Seriously, how the fuck would you even lift that shield for any extended period.

superior greek genes

it's a better picture than yours, faggot

I know some of the people posted in this thread.

That's weird.

I imagine they rested it on the ground most of the time.

I'll dump some of my bronze age helmets folder, has some phrygian shit.

and here's some random armor I think is cool. alasko-siberian framed leather armor.

We have the same tastes dude, italo-norman and norman helmet are the best looking ones. Not the most effect tho

some indonesian shit

and the tlingit made my personal favorite shit out of erryone worldwide. lots of expert artisan craftsmanship went into their wooden and leather armors.

this armor is reinforced with chinese bronze coins acquired through the fur trade. they spread rumors that armors made with these coins were bulletproof, which tilted russians during combat at least once in history.

yes they have a nice look about them

by not being a estrogen-soaked pussyface

That shield is most likely wicker with a cowhide cover.

tell me why does he wear that mask

:^)

>women in armour
thats gay senpai

fag

>Quack

insta boner

Do you even lift brah?

Tlingit Armor

i fancy gothic armour

Literally why there's a position called a shield bearer. And why that person was usually the warrior/king's most trusted confidant.

>IIII

It hurts

Saiyan armor? Doesn't ever seem to help them much...

Well, this is stunningly wrong.

Elaborate, just posting stuff I've saved off here

that's actually a valid way to write it, the Romans even had arguments about which way was more proper

650 is just fucking wrong. People were wearing helmets, mail shirts, padding, or nothing. "soft leather" and"fur" were NEVER armor in Europe until the buff coat. Leather got used as a facing material but not as a protective element.

1325 is fucking wrong. In fact, it somehow misses brigandine, coat of plates, and the entirety of transitional armor.

And it gets even more wrong, because plate limbs came in before solid breastplates. Unsurprising, because the limbs are far more vulnerable than the torso in mail+gambeson.

And then we skip to "early gothic." No. Gothic is a specific style, and wasn't universal. No mention of white armor. No mention of English style armor, which was distinct.

>tabard period
Made up term, no meaning.

>plate and chain 3/4
I've never seen examples of that. Plenty of examples of 3/4 plate though. Probably because that would be more protective, and both cheaper and faster to produce by that time period.

"None shall pass."

>phygrian armour
What the fuck is that and why did the Greeks adopt it.

Jesus Christ the armour must have been heavy if it was bronze. Kinda weird how they started with plate and moved away from it.

>Fur and soft leather
hahahahah

No nigga, mail, always mail, since like 300bc

Probably because they most likely fought in that on chariots more often than on foot.

What's up with the thingy on his back?

I'm just guessing here, but its probably an arrow shield. You could probably shift it side to side to protect you from wherever you were getting shot from

This image is dangerously misleading, those all probably represent regular maille except the scale one.

I appreciate that info user, good to know

No kidding, I can imagine how loud they were about it too. Meanwhile the grain stores were low or the Goths were pressing on their borders and being ignored

And I thought it was strange too. Although I do see light infantry wearing it in some depictions I feel like no real time in history was like Conan.

I mean, there ARE different ways to do mail. I would not say it is misleading, just presenting possible alternate forms of mail construction. I know there are a few ways to create lamellar layering.

No way, they needed to be protected by the most advanced armor in order to use advanced weaponry. Like this fellow

What were their enemies?

What's that on its chest? a coat hanger?

Arrow shield, like says