Veeky Forums photos

Hey guys, lets post some historical photos. The older the better and they don't have to be colourised. I'll post what I have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpOQE5KJJds
digital.library.lse.ac.uk/collections/streetlifeinlondon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2/?

inb4 a shitload of nazi Germany pictures

3/?

4/?
This one is well coloured.

5/?

6/?

7/?
This one is horribly recoloured.

8/?
I wonder how people reacted to the Empire State building when it was first built. Looks very shiny.

Brighton before it was taken over by environmentalist transgenders.

9/?
A postcard. More recent.

I have a shitton of old photos (1880-1910) they have plenty of threads about it over at high res

10/?
A Lebanese Druze (left), upperclass Christian (middle) and middle/lower class Christian (right)

Thats a nice one. Where is it?
11/?

12/?
Don't have much pictures of people just scenery. This one is old.

Posted a colour version of that.
13/?
Some more people.

man that looks cozy as fuck.
>Where is it?
not sure, either chicago or New York ca 1900,

14/?

15/?
British children.

16/?

17/17 last one guys. I hope you enjoyed these, I will look forward to what will be posted.

unfortunatly, I have little to nothing colorized,

It's ok, they don't have to be colourised. If anyone wants to go further back in time and post artworks depicting ancient civilisations, that would be okay as long as they're accurate.
I like this one.

Chicago World's Columbian Exposition (World Fair), 1893

Interesting note, every building in this pic is made out of wood, it was only temporary, but the fair lasted about 6 months.

Theres a great documentary on it, narrated by Gene Wilder
youtube.com/watch?v=cpOQE5KJJds

lanky lincoln for good measure.

The Johnstown Flood occurred on May 31, 1889, after the catastrophic failure of the South Fork Dam on the Little Conemaugh River 14 miles (23 km) upstream of the town of Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
The dam broke after several days of extremely heavy rainfall, releasing 20 million tons (18 million cubic meters) of water from the reservoir known as Lake Conemaugh.
With a volumetric flow rate that temporarily equalled that of the Mississippi River,[2] the flood killed 2,209 people[3] and caused US$17 million of damage (about $450 million in 2015 dollars).

countered by dead nazi pictures

not certain what year or battle of the civil war this is.

>filename
>please rape my face i am a huge faggot

Anyways, china

Does anyone else wish that we could go back to having our own unique dress instead of being americanised? or am I just autistic?

Japan ca 1880-1890

not sure, might be downtown San Francisco before the earthquake. ca 1900

Babe Ruth making his final appearance at Yankee Stadium on June 16, 1948 six weeks before he died from cancer.

>Does anyone else wish that we could go back to having our own unique dress instead of being americanised? or am I just autistic?
not on a day to day basis, but at certain holidays it would be nice to see everyone honoring their culture by wearing traditional garbs.

Suit and tie is just so bland.

I lied it was June 13, Pictured is the only sports photo to ever win a Pulitzer Prize for Photography.

It was a gloomy dismal day in New York. June 13, 1948. The day that Babe Ruth announced his retirement to the Yankees due to illness. George Herman ‘Babe’ Ruth would die two months after this photo was taken. The day was not only his last day in uniform but also the 25th anniversary of Yankee Stadium, the House that Ruth built. It was also the day that the number three, Babe Ruth’s number, was retired along with him. Thin and frail as a result of a long illness, Ruth emerged from the dugout into “the caldron of sound he must have known better than any other man” (W.C. Hines, U.S. Sun).

>ywn build your own little hobbit hole during WW1, going out every morning for guard duty, greeting the chaps, sitting on your porch while sipping some tea, mocking fritz for overshoting with their artillery again

Those genuinely look comfy.

speaking of WW1, this is a great pic, it captivates so many aspects of ww1 in one pic.

okay, less american cities, more european shitholes.

OP here. Just adding one more thing in order to allow more content to be posted; videos can be posted if you would like.

Dumping

There's been weirder shit in fashion, be the change you want to see.

Soviet pioneers in 1938

Armored train in use by the Irish Army during the Irish Civil war

That's all for now

That's actually WWII

Jewish children from the jewish community from Djerba, Tunisia.
Photo was taken back in the 50s by the american jewish joint distribution committee. There's a whole archive.

The community was much larger back then.

Jewish girl from the same community.

They all look inbreed.

Is it somewhere on the west coast? Look at the plants.

Nevermind it's saratoga springs new york

1877 London.

That's Iwo Jima.

He did say british.

ah, then I beg your pardon. Still a great photo

what makes a picture well colored or not

I wonder how big her tiddies were.

I would if the clothing were readily available. Not that pike clothing stuff though.

My grandfather has a huge collection (several thousand) of Austro-Hungarian postcards.

I think I'll try to get him to let me scan them one of these days.

Simply epic my dude

These are very cool. Have you got any other photos from that time period?

Estonia, circa 1911.

digital.library.lse.ac.uk/collections/streetlifeinlondon