Veeky Forums always says that the Vikings always got completely wreck by an actual army

Veeky Forums always says that the Vikings always got completely wreck by an actual army.

Could u fags list some major battles where Vikings got wrecked?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Clontarf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leuven_(891)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Paris_(885–86)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Chartres_(911)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dunno just dumping memes.

my ancestor :)

>celtic
>brown eyes, brown hair

True celts like those you can find in Brittany today have brown hair and brown eyes, unlike the irish and scottish people who are not celts but instead viking rapebabies.

This guy gets it.

>what is the battle of Stamford bridge

Vikings were heavily outnumbered though. And the battle happened during decline of Vikings.

Nord detected

they got ginger'd

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Clontarf

((())) detected

No shit, but the thing is they wouldn't be UP against an actual army

They practiced an early form of terrorism and back then counterinsurgency wasn't an idea. Asymmetric warfare has existed before AK47s you know

anglo detected

>unlike the irish

most Irish have dark hair breh...

welsh too...

> WE WUS

frog detected

they also got Saison'd

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leuven_(891)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Paris_(885–86)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Chartres_(911)

Truly a bunch of fags

I'm Welsh and I have a Mediterranean look. Dark hair and eyes, tan skin, roman nose. I always thought my mum fucked the postman or something.

I wonder who is behind this dumbass meme

Why do you have a picture of my hairy chest saved?

Red hair is not common in scandinavia.
Red hair evolved on its own in britain.

>Red hair evolved on its own in Britain

And that's why there's 4,000 year old redheaded mummies from the Tarim basin, right?

>paid off
Sure was a stunning defeat wasn't it?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Clontarf
That's not much of a victory considering that the irish king and his son? both died in the fighting. I mean Phyrrus technically won in Italy too, but nobody here thinks his victory got him all that much.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Paris_(885–86)
This really isn't all that impressive honestly. They ultimately had to pay the vikings off and hope they went elsewhere, fuck the frankish king even let them ravage a rebellious province.

>fuck the frankish king even let them ravage a rebellious province.

That's called being clever
Btw, the gold wasn't to have them leave (their siege was a failure anyway) it was a reward for the mercenary job they would be doing for the French king in that rebellious province

Also my favorite part
>The Parisians and Odo refused to let the Vikings down the Seine, and the invaders had to drag their boats overland to the Marne in order to leave the country

Love how the TV serie managed to turn this humiliation into some genius plan by Ragnar

No, but it's true that it's much more common in the UK.

Brits aren't Celts, Saxons or anything else. They're Brits. Including the Irish. Any identity since the first Celts arrived, including those Celts,is an imposed identity. We lost our true language, who knows what it was.

I think he means that red hair in Britain has nothing to do with viking or saxons.