Margin Trading Gen

Time to slay the dragon.

Any of you guys mostly Margin traders?

>shorting a breakout
You are an idiot.
Dash been in consolidation for months and now it's breaking out. Rip your short. Just don't be like that guy that lose 120btc from shorting dash breakout

Can I get a quick rundown on margin trading? It's basically trading with borrowed money right?

Wow, nice digits and ID.
I usually farm Shit coins but dable in Margin trade

look at it now.
nicely done OP

but no i dont have the balls to margin trade

I appreciate your concern user. As long as some big spender doesnt come by wanting ath prices i should be ok.

Other anons will tell you, im not a smart man. Just saw Dash activity slowing down and the buy orders dipping. Imagine if we collaborate on this board though and got some brains behind us. I was we would do daily margin discussions.

>what is shake out

How does this work and what is it?

I don't even know how to loan bitcoins/leverage.

You can do it on polo easy. Just transfer btc to margin or loan account.

Before you start though realize like in this case in particular im risking about $400, so far only up $21. So play with small amounts at first

Yes. Which is why you should be careful in case stuff swings in the wrong direction.

I can only seem to loan 3x my initial sum. Plus I don't know how the payouts, daily fees and order cancel works with margin trading.

Its like 2% loan fee. When you place a position itll show you how much of a fee you owe and unrealized profit/loss at the moment.

Just have to know when to close. A pretty easy .007 btc

Aside from Poloniex what other exchanges do I have?

When I click on margin trading i only get like 10 coins to play with.

and what will happen if you don't repay back in full what you borrowed?

you lose the collateral you put in to borrow that money.

Their is a maintenance % if you fall below 20 you get liquidated. So dont go all in when placing an order give yourself some room to play with.

its impossible for you to lose what you borrowed because if your losses get anywhere close then an position is automatically closed. this is a margin call and its how people lose all their money.

So as long as you don't go full retard, you can afford to lose a couple sats here and there, so long you don't cross a loss threshold and payback amount in full at a later date?

Your borrowed money is paid back when you get liquidated. I suggest browsing youtube. Plenty of vids regarding margin trading.

Your maintenance % is based on the .balanace of your margin account. So the more collateral the longer it takes to lose maintenance %. More collateral protects you from swings.