How true is this image?

Other urls found in this thread:

realism-art.deviantart.com/gallery/24528116/Featured
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mozart
no

troll imagine because of mozart, Wittgenstein and especially Schwarzenegger since he wasn't going for fit but rather aesthetics

Sorry, I'm an illiterate nobody.

Somebody please provide labels for who these guys are. Is that Stanley Kubrick for the Film category?

Mozart is not a meme, however Bach is probably more appropriate.

>Joyce
"no"
>Wittgenstein
"no"
>Mozart
"no"
>Kubrick
kill yourself
>Warhol
kill yourself
>Schwarzenegger
who cares. I'd put Charles Atlas or Johnny Weismuller before Arnold.
>Tolstoy
"no"
>Bresson
Literally the only decent one in that pic.

>Warhol
Considering art has gone to shit since he came about I'd say your assessment of his "ending the game" is quite apt.

>since he came about
Pollock and Mondrian both happened before Warhol. Both shit as well.

Miles Davis would be better for music, his quintets were arguably the pinnacle of acoustic music, and he covered electronic music later in his career as well. The classical style of music couldn't have ended music because many more concepts were introduced in later years. I think Miles covered all the bases left from the geniuses behind him.

Selecting anybody who is pre-"noise" music (not the genre) is objectively wrong.

>no for wittgenstein
cmon man

>kubrick
thats malick you dumbass

Looks like videos on xnxx with the blue background.

fixed

By "ended" you mean made it complete shit and delegitimized it forever? Then I wholeheartedly agree especially when it comes to Warhol.

>art
>literature isn't art
>music isn't art
>film isn't art

And no, i'm not talk about pop music, YA and blockbusters

Half of Warhol's stuns were satire designed to point out the fact that art had become shit.

...In pic related's case, literally so.

Granted, 9/10 whenever someone links a picture criticizing modern art, they are also linking a satire piece, such as that famous toilet.

Conceptual art is boring.
All there is to it is trying to do something no one ever did before, and being recognized by people as "treading new ground".
It has no message, it's not pleasing to the eye, not interesting in any way. Pretending to be ironic doesn't help either.

at least Mondrian can be considered pleasing to the eye.

Picasso was the true cancer

Aye, it'd probably be more accurate to blame Van Gogh and Picasso.

I mean, some of their shit was good, but they started a trend towards abandoning all connections to realism.

Granted, that's even less their fault, and more the fault of the fact that we developed color photography. It makes realism even as distant as impressionism all but pointless.

...and art has always been about "muh feels".

> colour photography destroyed realism.

But artists like this guy painted stuff that was both realist in form while at the same time fantastical in content. It's perfectly doable, so why did people stop doing it?

Sometime I honestly suspect that talentless modernist hacks like Van Gogh and Picasso joined up with art critics of their time to create a modernist conspiracy, allowing all parties involved to massively prosper despite no discernible talent.

bretty gud

That place looks like Arizona

Well some people still do it - it's just not particularly popular among art circles, and yes, the skill is certainly becoming increasingly rare. ...and then you add shit like CG "art". Stuff just becomes increasingly fanciful and abstract.

Even the kids still do it:
realism-art.deviantart.com/gallery/24528116/Featured

Granted, I misspoke when I said "art has always been about 'muh feels'". It's also, among other things, serves as a status symbol. Being able to put a million dollar price tag on a piece of work that is objectively shit, and simply stating that anyone who can't perceive its true beauty is a pleb, does rather make for the perfect emperor's new clothing.

It's also not as if minimalist art is widely popular. It's kind of a niche scene, populated largely by the rich and the socially rebellious.

Like Arizona would let you put up a temple with a dome on top.

Maybe the Mormons could be convinced.

>how would you like your saturation senpai
>just slide my shit up

Actually outside of that one cactus sky picture they're almost all genuine.

Why not Heidegger?

Now taine I can get into

Hey, I mean, I like Van Gogh's stuff, but it definitely shouldn't have become the big thing that it is, now. Don't like Picasso, though.

I question a bit too, but I've spent enough time in Arizona to know that Arizona sunsets are like freaking LSD.