Welp its 2017... 25 years ago he died

welp its 2017... 25 years ago he died.

so what does Veeky Forums think? His wife did it huh?

also general thread about history of punk and grunge.

>page long suicide note
>clearly, this was a murder

Also

>inb4 contrarians

WatchSoaked in Bleach on Netflix.
>redpill
>convinced Courtney Love did it

I don't care, I don't care, I don't care
I don't care, I don't care, care if it's old
I don't mind, I don't mind, I don't mind
I don't mind, mind, don't have a mind
Get away, get away, get away
Get away, away, away from your home
I'm afraid, I'm afraid, I'm afraid
I'm afraid, afraid, ghost

Even if you have, even if you need
I don't mean to stare, we don't have to breed
We could plant a house, we could build a tree
I don't even care, we could have all three

>2017 - 25 = 1992????

he died in 94 user. 23 years! Go post on /b/ or /mu/

but yes his wife did it.

I was thirteen when he died and I didn't understand all the throngs of people crying about his death. I mean I heard some of their shit on the radio but I never considered them all that great of a band. I much preferred Firehouse and even Dinosaur Jr

Nirvana became successful out of Washington around the same time Pearl Jam became Successful. punk rock or rebel rock was really starting to gain popularity and Bands like Nirvana were just the right mix of headbanging and soft rock to jam to.

they gained a lot of popularity with their first studio album, despite the poor reviews it set off a whole grunge movement... or so it has been said.

the reason why Nirvana is so popular today is just as any artist who died at their peak is recognized today. They never lived to see their full potential or their downfall. Nirvana was good but I'm sure they would have fizzled out just as Pearl Jam did. still though I enjoy both albums.

I'm so happy because today
I've found my friends
They're in my head
I'm so ugly, but that's okay, 'cause so are you
We've broken our mirrors
Sunday morning is everyday for all I care
And I'm not scared
Light my candles in a daze
'Cause I've found god
Hey, hey, hey

I'm so lonely but that's okay I shaved my head
And I'm not sad
And just maybe I'm to blame for all I've heard
But I'm not sure
I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet you there
But I don't care
I'm so horny but that's okay
My will is good
Hey, hey, hey

Is that legit?

Rape me x100.

>best song.

not even kidding though idk why just love the song Rape Me.

I wish!
OC of the body was never released.

I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I killed you, I'm not gonna crack

Apparently it wasn't that bloody.

The guy who found the body thought that he was just asleep until he noticed the shotgun.

Apparently the damage wasn't that severe

another reason why its a fake suicide

Nah, if they stick the gun in the mouth it can stay contained sometimes.

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath
Broken hymen of your Highness, I'm left back
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

second thought this is my favorite song. so dark and raw.

loved the music video too!

really? never knew that when it comes to shotguns.

slugs maybe... but i can see any normal bullet being contained no problem.

His death was the best thing to ever happen to his legacy, dude was literally an 85 IQ blathering retard and a junkie, a complete embarrassment of a human.

Layne Staley had a tragic end as well

Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend, as and old enemy
Take your time, hurry up, the choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend as and old memoria
Memoria, memoria, memoria, memoria
Come doused in mud, soaked in bleach, as I want you to be
As a trend, as a friend as an old memoria, memoria
And I swear that I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun
Memori-a, memori-a, memoria, memoria
And I swear that I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun
No, I don't have a gun

you know damn well IQ doesn't mean shit.

junkie yes? waste of a human, maybe... still though I dig his songs.

Well, buckshot is just the equivalent of like 10 .32 ACP rounds.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't penetrate the skull on their way up.

Suicide by shotgun to the back of the head

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry
Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July
I knew a lady who came from Duluth
Bit by a dog with a rabid tooth
She went to her grave just a little too soon
And flew away howling on the yellow moon
People cry and people moan
They look for a dry place to call their home
Try to find some place to rest their bones
While the angels and the devils try to make them their own

personally not a huge fan of Alice in chains, but cant ignore their contribution to grunge either.

surely tragic indeed.

>survive the 90s
>die literally like two weeks later

Come on over
Do the twist (aha)
Overdo it
Have a fit (aha)
Come on over
Shoot the shit (aha)
Love you so much
Makes me sick (aha)
Beat me out of me (beat it, beat it)

Jesus, don't want me for a sunbeam
Sunbeams are never made like me

Don't expect me to cry,
For all the reasons you had to die
Don't ever ask your love of me

Don't expect me to cry
Don't expect me to lie
Don't expect me to die for me

Jesus, don't want me for a sunbeam
Sunbeams are never made like me

alas, i dont have the forensic files. die hard fans put this together though.

>huge fan of Alice in chains, but cant ignore their contribution to grunge either.

Funnily enough, I'm a huge fan of AIC but not of Nirvana.

>literally two weeks later

lol love when people use literally in a non literal way.

died in 2002, not January 14th 2000 gahaha.

You opened fire...and your mark was true
You opened fire...aim my smiling skull at you
You opened fire...

I live tomorrow, you I'll not follow
As you wallow in a sea of sorrow

I like Nirvana but I would probably rank them like last of the biggest 4 of the era.

1. Pearl Jam
2. Alice in Chains
3. Soundgarden
4. Nirvana

I enjoy their hits, but to be fair I haven't listened to them extensively.

It's objectively

>Nirvana
>Alice in Chains
>Soundgarden
>Pearl Jam

And then you have Skin Yard, Mudhoney, and Tad just kind of hanging around being good.

We're all living in America,
America ist wunderbar.
We're all living in America,
Amerika, Amerika.
Wenn getanzt wird, will ich führen,
Auch wenn ihr euch alleine dreht,
Lasst euch ein wenig kontrollieren,
Ich zeige euch wie's richtig geht.
Wir bilden einen lieben Reigen,
Die Freiheit spielt auf allen Geigen,
Musik kommt aus dem Weißen Haus,
Und vor Paris steht Mickey Maus.

meh, I'd put them above Soundgarden.

I respect you sir. thanks for making this thread enjoyable.

> history and humanities

50th birthday today

The music wasn't bad but the lyrics were pure pseud horseshit. I remember Cuckbain wrote "Smells like Teen Spirit" after some random slut wrote that on his wall thinking it's something extremely deep, not knowing Teen Spirit was some shitty deodorant.

Pleb as shit

Eddie Vedder's sweet solos > angst and power chords

I think most fans know of these kinds of instances. I don't as I'm not a real fan, just enjoy the music.

but regardless of Cobain being any bit of an artist, apparently enough people liked his music for the Band to be as popular as it is now.

That's not him

that's the guy from Death

grunge is Cords.

it really is an insult to pop-Rock if you look at it. 70's Zepplin, Floyd, Black Sabbath, the eagles YES! 80's Iron Maiden, Metallica, guns n roses YES! 90's... Nirvana, smashing pumpkin, blind melon.

although Red hot chili peppers, and sublime seem to put together some decent lyrical rock performances. but it seems like pop rock was in an odd place during the 90's for sure

Honestly it's just sad that as a mainstream genre rock is basically dead. High school kids listen to garbage rap now.

>less than 25 years ago
>history

Nirvana only has fans today because Cobain killed himself, that's all there is to it pretty much. The same happened with Lane Staley (who people didn't give much of a fuck about when he was alive) and Dimebag Darrell (who actually was a really shitty guitarist).

It's kind of self-consciously pseud, at least that's what I thought the idea was. Kinda like how people do things "ironically" now.

Pretty big overstatement. Nirvana was really popular before Kurt died.

Not really, Cobain had some debates about revolutionary feminism with that girl a night before and genuinely thought that sentence was some powerful message, he didn't find out it was a deodorant until after they released the song. If Cobain was alive today he'd be some washed up balding numale posting tumblr captions on his twitter and complaining about Drumpf.

>I don't understand what the word "today" means

>punk rock was beginning to gain popularity
Punk rock was popular in like the mid 70s buddy
If you're going to make a thread about the history of music you should be, you know, knowledgeable about the history of music.

Overrated hack

Did nothing that wasn't already done far better by the Butthole Surfers, Dinosaur Jr, or the Meat Puppets.

this.

Dude whined ALOT, even in the early nineties when things were great.

High school kids still listen to 90's grunge and metal. There hasn't really been any new good music to hit the scene to fill that void yet. Kids these days are listening to the same things we did growing up.

Kids listen to fuckin Migos and Lil Yachty now dude
Only the fedora kids listen to grunge

If that was so then all those bands would have been more popular. The fact is they had a certain je ne sais qoui bed and dared them to a whole generation of young people.

Way to be contrarian friendo

Not really man. When they look back on what the music of their generation was it's gonna be Kanye West, Kendrick Lamarr, etc etc. When I was in high school the big thing was emo/screamo/pop-punk. Most of it was horrific garbage but at least it was made with instruments instead of on a computer screen.

>so what does Veeky Forums think?

I think he is not worth remembering.

As a person who has made both kinds of music I can tell you that sometimes the stuff "on a computer screen" is a lot harder to do.

>if he was more popular then he was better
No, he just had better marketing and better producers. Their best album (Bleach) isn't even remembered that much unlike the pop trash that is Nevermind. Not even mentioning how they spent their last few years recording nothing but covers because they pretty much ran out of ideas.

No disrespect man just in context I'm talking about the decline of rock. I think there's room for everything but rock isn't trendy anymore so there really isn't any new sound coming out now. It's led to EDM or rap being the thing.

talking about wide spread popularity... not about the origins.

punk started in the late 60's-70's, sure wasn't widely listened to.

wasn't till bands like Green started popping up where people 40-4 listened to them.

now fuck off. I know what I'm saying, notice how no one else argued my point but your dumb ass.

Yah I'd have to agree. It's unfortunate. I got started with Punk and nothing since has ever quite felt the same. I miss lyrical music (although hip hop / rap/ trap w.e has some of that)

18 yo amerifag here. I'm not fedora kid... but i like grunge music I think. certainly don't listen to migos. dont even know who that is

The only music worth listening to now is all electronic.

The only rock band in the last 5 years to really catch my attention is Highly Suspect. Their 2nd album kinda sucked but the first was great imo.

Its so fucking not legit. Though pictures of Kurt's dead face have never emerged and never should emerge, apparently people who saw it have stated its a common misconception that kurt "blew" his face off. Apparently when they found him he didn't look all that bad

>A note that people can't even agree that he actually finished writing
>So high he can't write properly, yet could apparently grab the shotgun and shoot himself, a shotgun that didn't have his fingerprints anywhere on it
>Despite several people who knew him personally saying he didn't seem suicidal at the time and was actually in a cheerful mood
>After the Rome incident that was said to be a suicide attempt, despite the doctor on scene saying it wasn't and when Cobain was asked why he locked himself in his room he responded he was hiding from Courtney
>The same Courtney thats been accused of trying to hire a friend to murder a prior ex-boyfriend

Yep open and shut case, Jimmy. Clearly.

thats not nirvana, it was a cover, you dope

I did the math wrong, but The band formed more than 25 years ago. also unknowingly did this, but apparently his birthday is today.

the reason I started the thread is because I saw soaked in bleach documentary today. got me thinking.

Jimmy McGill?

People are fucking dumb.

as I said just posted it for fun.

how do you guys feel about 21 pilots? Think theyre pretty good myself.

Honestly haven't gone out of my way to get inundated with it. Seems like it's mostly just good for festivals and shit.

They're ok I guess. I wouldn't call them rock music though.

Suicide by shotgun. The whole hitman theory is complete bullshit.

I live in Seattle and I know Robert Lang, who was pretty close to Kurt, he even knew that something was wrong the night Kurt decided to off himself.

>festivals
I'm talking about martial industrial, dark ambient or synthwave/vaporwave, not normie festival shit.

Was the Pacific Northwest always a liberal shithole or did it happen after the Californian invasion?

the original Kurt and Courtney doc from the 90s definitely raises some questions even if youre not the conspiratorial type

>Despite several people who knew him personally saying he didn't seem suicidal at the time and was actually in a cheerful mood
He had recently stopped taking heroin. It's not unusual for the first month off heroin to be a ridiculous roller coaster ride of emotions.

its a weird place man theres a reason twin peaks was set in the pnw

Always been a liberal shithole. The PNW considers itself an extension of Canada and it's full of obnoxious liberal elites, at least in the urban areas. The rural areas however are full-blown libertarian.

Kurt Cobain was an MK-Ultra victim who was promoted to destroy white American masculinity, Courtney Love was his handler and he killed himself because she cuckolded him.

2deep4me

go on...

At least he had good taste in suicide methods
Browning autoshotguns are pretty sweet

Celebrities are marketed to specific demographics and Kurt Cobain was promoted to appeal to angsty middle-class white kids. The kinds of things Kurt said in his music and interviews foreshadow the talking points of the SJW movement and tptb gave him a platform to lay the foundation for the snowflakes we see today. (((They))) understand that people are easily influenced by celebrities so they give exposure to individuals like Kurt who would otherwise be outcasts.

makes sense.

I now hate Nirvana. Goodbye all I am deleting this thread in 25min.

Yeah this is the same reason why Biggie and Tupac are often considered the 2 best rappers of all time. They both died in their prime.

Trips confirm. Was Tupac and all the other nignog wannabe gangsters on it too?

Every major celebrity is part of the program.

I love that song

shotgun thread?
shotgun thread.

Punk definitely was widely listened to in the 70s, The Ramones? The Sex Pistols? Sure these are entry level and pleb but they were popular, maybe not Nirvana popular but they were widely listened to.
Also your base assertion (that Nirvana is punk music) is laughable. Grunge borrows much more heavily from Post-Hardcore than any 80s Hardcore Punk

>dimebag was a shitty guitarist
this has to be bait