"you" dont exist

"you" dont exist.

What you identify as "yourself" is only a collection of experiences and formulaic reactions to external stimuli. Identifying as "yourself", a thing separate and distinct from anything else in existence, it's just the byproduct of repeated wrong thinking.
It's like spinning a glowing cord in a dark room. To the eye it looks like a glowing circle. In reality it's just an illusion of movement.

When you dream who is it that witnesses the dream? Your body is asleep, your mind is doing the dreaming, so who's the Watcher? It's the real you, the one that has nothing to do with your thoughts or feelings beliefs desires or fears. It is just awareness. You are not your thoughts, since you can sit back and watch your thoughts. Like the eye that sees all but cannot see itself, such is Consciousness.

Literally the only true thing you said is that the Self is empirically a collection of ever-shifting inter-connected components not an unchanging personality.

Everything else is just mystic hoodoo.

really makes u think

Really fired up my synapses

no.

yes

you're taking the whole self thing too seriously
its just an idea to partially explain/characterize a phenomenon

Yeah in reality. But that's not what the mass majority of people understand it as.

I dont think you read too well, I said "no".

And I said yes.

The life choices you make can be traced back to fundamental underlying rationale that functions the same way as math.

If you spend your whole life making evil choices you might be surprised where that leads you.

who cares how the mass majority does anything, especially how they understand

>evil
>choices

Keep killing for power and you might be surprised what real power looks like.

Saying this doesn't solve the issue of how there is an "agent" perceived as an essential part of some motions(conscious motions).

>evil

.....you win this round, asshole.

If I do not exist then how can any of the conclusions I draw or observations I make be correct?

what are they being collected IN?

After all, the use of a jar is in its emptiness.

Why dont you debate

Because it's not you, the idea of yourself, that makes these. It's the formulaic reactions to external stimuli based on the lifetime of observing cause and effect, which in no way need you to exist to be correct.

tres zen.

What a mystery!

It's collected into a form. After all, matter can not exist without form

As if there were no perceiving subject

oui

How do I know this though if I do not exist? If I am an illusion then the only objective experience I can positively encounter (the sense of self) is invalid, therefore any experiences this illusionary self experiences become illusions and therefore invalid as well.

>It's the formulaic reactions to external stimuli based on the lifetime of observing cause and effect, which in no way need you to exist to be correct.
Sounds like I'm am unnecessary redundancy then.

Taoism actually

Zen is MUCH more fun

I thought matter and energy were equivalent and that energy was formless.

>"you" dont exist.

I am a separate distinct thing from anything else in existence. This is a provable fact as far as anything is provable. I may not be 100% unique, but that does not mean I do not exist.

>When you dream who is it that witnesses the dream?

Me. How is that a serious question?

>"yourself" is only a collection of experiences

then what is the thing that is experiencing?

>who's the Watcher? It's the real you

oh so "you" does exist

get your fucking terms straight scrub

It's not "the sense of self" though. It's a sense of an agent which is not necessarily contingent on any physical form.

>It's a sense of an agent which is not necessarily contingent on any physical form.
A soul?
Sounds awfully metaphysical.

No, there is only one agent.

Prove it.

Try to imagine there being more than one agent.

You can't, therefore there is only one. "Singular" is an empirical property of the agent.