Is this true?

takes2long
takes2long

is this true?
why would one of the cofounders of ethereum and most public face sell at those low prices?
doesn't he believe in the tech?

did i actually fall for a ponzi Veeky Forums ?

All urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/870711337592078336
youtube.com/watch?v=mj1PTYukql8&t=2m22s

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Maybe he needed the money?

Evilember
Evilember

I like ark strat lisk better than eth.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

1. He's a slav. Slavs make like $300 a month.
2. He might have needed the money.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Dude still has a crazy majority of it. What does it matter.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

He travels a lot to shill for us all

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

did i actually fall for a ponzi Veeky Forums ?

Depends when you bought..

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

it reminds me of the shit with Tesla honestly. Both him and Elon Musk think their ideas are overvalued, so take from that what you will

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

1. He's a slav. Slavs make like $300 a month.
He's Canadian, you dumbfuck

Booteefool
Booteefool

He isn't shilling Ether. He's shilling Ethereum.

happy_sad
happy_sad

twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/870711337592078336

w8t4u
w8t4u

He's a slavic Canadian.

TreeEater
TreeEater

you are on to something

"I sold the vast majority of my ether, mostly because I thought it was crazy" - @VladZamfir 12/

"I wouldn't say that Ethereums use of smart contracts today is representative of their utility of the platform" - @VladZamfir 3/

"No one is claiming that Ethereum is scalable today, or that the gas prices are resonable" - @VladZamfir 4/

"Ethereum can now do 10-20 transactions per second .. basically not a lot" - @VladZamfir 5/

"I have concerns due to the fact that commercial interests and adoption has far outpaced the tech research and development" - @VladZamfir 8/

"Capital inflow .. to Ethereum entirely based on speculation, do you see that as a systemic risk for Ethereum"
"- Yes" - @VladZamfir 11/

"I'm here to build applications on Ethereum, I'm not doing it because it's not secure or scalable enough" - @VladZamfir 14/

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

who cares how much he sold? he can just print more lol

i'm watching this interview right now. this kid is getting absolutely demolished. i suspected eth was a scam before but now i'm 100% sure.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

It can't be a ponzi scheme. Really is it really?

Snarelure
Snarelure

He knew exactly what he was doing when he sold out. It was charity in a sense.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

it's not a ponzi, it's just incredibly immature tech that is way overvalued on pure speculation and the devs are doing nothing to temper people's irrational exuberance

massdebater
massdebater

youtube.com/watch?v=mj1PTYukql8&t=2m22s

iluvmen
iluvmen

I think ETH is going to be like apple, where the tech is there, but they cant utilize it so that the average joe can use it. So of course, the new Microsoft is going to be someone who can make the concepts that ETH puts forward easier to use.

idontknow
idontknow

So it has no future?
But the Chinese are about to invest aren't they?

Playboyize
Playboyize

He's basically confessing dude. Nice kid btw. Trying to save his rep?

WebTool
WebTool

But Apple is doing really really great.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Thats cus of their ipods, if they hadnt invented that then they wouldnt have gotten into making tvs and phones and noone would care about apple.

Evilember
Evilember

He doesn't want people coming after him when it crashes. At least he's honest. If retards what to buy something they don't understand when he is telling them what they are buying good for him.

cum2soon
cum2soon

what is profit taking?
If he didn't believe he wouldn't still have well over half his stack. Think about it, if you were in his shoes and could keep the majority of your holdings while simultaneously pulling out enough to do whatever the fuck you want for the rest of your life wouldn't you?

I would even if I was 100% sure crypto would continue to rise because you have to actually enjoy your gains too, not just stare at them on paper, what's the point of that?

Bidwell
Bidwell

Waiting for someone in this thread to justify a 3000% price movement in ETH beyond pure speculation.
Im not saying ETH is worthless, not at all. But $350USD per ETH. Right now? I mean, it made me a lot of money so i won't complain but now and then you need to step back and take a breath.

Inmate
Inmate

His choices were:

1) Be rich for the rest of my life, and probably be stinking rich later on.

2) Probably be stinking rich later on, but possibly be a wagecuck for the rest of my life.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Not looking good when their "lead researcher" is saying stuff this. I advise all anons to watch that interview. Ethereum has no foundation.

MPmaster
MPmaster

I have been telling the summerfags on this site to just hold BTC but they wouldnt listen.

If you make money with alts, awesome, but take your gains and hold BTC.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Ouch. This video hurts to watch. ETH is such a scam.

Spamalot
Spamalot

Not sure scam is the right word. The ethereum devs never intentionally misled people with the sole intention of pumping up the price to make themselves rich. I think they've been pretty forthright the entire time.

This ethereum explosion has been driven mostly by pure speculation, hype and unbridled enthusiasm for crypto in general. Not sure that's their fault. Eth hitting $350 is 100% FOMO now. It's worth what people believe it is and are willing to pay. Whether it's justified or not is another argument.

I don't think it's a scam.

Booteefool
Booteefool

holy fuck. TIME TO SELL ETH BYEEEEEEEEE.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit