Why do white Buddhists get such a bad rep when there were white Buddhists long, long before there were white Christians?

Why do white Buddhists get such a bad rep when there were white Buddhists long, long before there were white Christians?

Because they're not the same white people. Why should they have a good rep?

Because Buddhism is pretty cool. White people are pretty cool.

How can two cool things at once be a bad thing?

well, two wrongs don't make a right

DEFINE "WHITE".

No has a issue with European people who practice Buddhism. People make fun of stupid people in the west who only achieve a most basic understanding of Buddhism and think it makes them enlightened. Basically it is the same reason people make fun of weebs, or in a history board Byzantineboos.

How come people be this delusional?
this post came from the same site that mock Greeks and Meds as Arab rape baby daily, and consider the whole ME as "shitskin", yet a group of Greek-Persian-Indian mix people are considered white?

The whitest Indo Greek probably resemble modern Iranians anyway than typical "white" people

I never said Indo-Greeks are white. I said there were white Buddhists in ancient times.

Which there probably were, given the amount of Indo-Greeks about it could only be expected that some of them were significantly more Greek than Indo.

Those are Egyptians on the pictures.

NOONE WILL TAKE ANYTHING THAT YOU POST SERIOUSLY AS LONG AS YOU KEEP EARNESTLY AND IGNORANTLY USING THE TERM "WHITE".

Shut the fuck up you autistic beaner, stop being jealous of white people.

>NOONE WILL TAKE ANYTHING THAT YOU POST SERIOUSLY AS LONG AS YOU KEEP EARNESTLY AND IGNORANTLY USING THE TERM "WHITE".
>stop being jealous of white people.

HURR

The question is an inherently cultural one.

We all know what I mean by "white people" whether or not this is a meaningful concept is irrelevant as society acts as if it were anyway. Without describing this set of people as "white" there would be no other way to really put the question.

>Why do ??? Buddhists get such a bad rep when there were ??? Buddhists long, long before there were ??? Christians

As you can see that makes no sense.

>Greeks aren't white
>only Scandinavians are white
How is morning in Tel Aviv?

True.

People who get mocked are new age-zen-conciousness peddlers who scam gullible sods

>Without describing this set of people as "white" there would be no other way to really put the question.

YOU ONLY THINK THAT BECAUSE YOU CANNOT CONCEIVE OF A WAY OF THINKING, AND ARTICULATING, WITHOUT THOSE SPURIOUS NOTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN INSTILLED IN YOU.

THE QUESTION DOES NOT MAKE SENSE WITHOUT THE WORD "WHITE" IN THERE, BECAUSE THE QUESTION ITSELF IS FLAWED, SINCE YOU CONSTRUCTED IT AROUND THE SPURIOUS NOTION OF "WHITENESS".

I WOULD SUGGEST A BETTER QUESTION, BUT SINCE I DO NOT KNOW WHO, OR WHAT, DO YOU MEAN BY "WHITE BUDDHISTS", AND "WHITE CHRISTIANS", I AM CURRENTLY UNABLE.

THE CATEGORIES OF "WHITE", AND "BLACK", ARE NOT RACIAL, BUT SOCIOLOGICAL; THEY WERE FABRICATED BY SLAVERS IN THE EIGHTEENTH CENTURY C E TO SOW DISCORD AMONG THE ENSLAVED, PRECLUDING THEM FROM UNITING.

>BUT SOCIOLOGICAL;
Exactly, it's a sociological thread.

Uuggg... Someone remind me how to filter out individual namefags... I'm not even giving him a (you).

Don't filter him. That way you may actually learn something if you read his posts.

sage for shit thread, and faggot OP.

Samefag

Define white, OP.

Greeks aren't white.

There were white pedophiles long before Christianity, so whats your point?

Zoroastrianism blocked Buddhism from reaching Europe. Therefore Europeans, the group traditionally called white, did not absorb that religion until culture became globally open to research.

Those paintings are from Egypt dude.

People of indigenous European descent including Greeks.

>Why do white Buddhists get such a bad rep
It's just McDonalds Baptists getting mad at their college age kids rebelling against their overly restrictive upbringing.

>Zoroastrianism blocked Buddhism from reaching Europe
Yeah, but it didn't stop Europeans from reaching Buddhism.

AY YO HOL UP

WE
WUZ
ENLIGHTENED
N SHIT

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.

stop writing in caps you turbocunt if I ever find you irl I'll castrade you make you eat your remain jesus fucking christ die already!

It didn't. Buddhism reached Europe, too, just in numbers too few to make it a viable religion in Europe.

Yet they, most likely, depict people of Greek descent.

Buddhists even don't have Caucasian-like statues, Duddhism still religion of Asians.

Yeah, and pretty much every painting of Jesus makes him look like a white-boy.

Doesn't invalidate the fact that Brown Christians are as old as Christianity itself.

Fun fact: Buddha himself was white

>le blue maymay
This is the logic WEWUZKANGZ hoteps use for claiming Jesus was black.

But Jesus was black.

>he had tan feet
Welp that solves it then.

WE WUZ BUDDHA N SHIEET

PROVE that high caste individuals were already mixed with Dravidians in 500 B.C.

We wuz tho

>Golden-hued body
>Eyes deep blue
>The lines on his palms have a rosy tint.
>His hair has long curls.

Buddha sounds 100% Aryan.

>and His feet were like unto burnt brass, His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow
Sounds like Morgan Freeman tbqh.

Lots of people have those features senpai. basal level relation does not imply descent from said group. Some greeks have blonde hair; doesnt mean they were nords. Some Ethiopians are light. Doesnt make them Arab. Some Egyptians are very dark; doesn't make Egyptians black. And so on

Prove they weren't lel.

Yeah, and people with those features are called white people.

If we accept that "whiteness" is an entirely cosmetic attribute it's inescapable that Buddha is white based on that description.

So far I've heard asian people claim buddha based on location and skin tone, white people claim buddha based on eye color and caste, indian people claim buddha based on culture and location, and lastly even black people claiming him based on the fact that he had curly hair.
Has there been a more contested person racially?

>>Golden-hued body
okay so yellow? This doesn't say anything about actual skin pigmentation; only that he has a glow.

>>Eyes deep blue
Lots of people have blue eyes.

>The lines on his palms have a rosy tint.
I have this and I'm not white.

>>His hair has long curls.
lots of people have this.

If thats the case, then yes. By that logic, most Ancient Egyptians would also fit the broad category of "black". But just like how the actual Egyptians dont have relation to blacks, groups of people who look "white" still have nothing to do with Western Europeans or American whites. In other words, we shouldnt try to put people in our team just because they share our features.

>okay so yellow? This doesn't say anything about actual skin pigmentation; only that he has a glow.
His glow was described elsewhere. That is commenting on his skin pigmentation.

Coupled with the fact he has blue eyes, curly hair and rosy palms he sounds pretty white.

>Lots of people have blue eyes.
Overwhelmingly white people, some of which live and have historically lived in India.

>I have this and I'm not white.
Obviously, but you're missing the forest for the trees. That people with all of those features at once tend to be white.

>lots of people have this.
So they do, but East Asians absolutely do not.

>Has there been a more contested person racially?
Jesus

Define "lower case" first.

>groups of people who look "white" still have nothing to do with Western Europeans or American whites
They do though. Indo-Europeans come from a common source.

Of course no European alive is descended from the Buddha, but that's not the point since it's not about claiming the Buddha for anyone's team. It just shouldn't be any controversy to acknowledge that he looked a certain way.

>So they do, but East Asians absolutely do not.
No one thinks Buddha was an East Asian. He was an Indian prince so probably the same stock as pic-related. Modern North-Indians probably have the greatest claim to him racially though it was East Asia that really internalized his teachings.

I feel using the term "European" is both anachronistic and on a subconscious level makes you want to put him on our "white" camp. I'm not saying you're necessarily doing it consciously, but I do think there is some subconscious we-wuzzing happening. Ultimate, terms like "black" and "white" tend to do more harm than good when talking about pre-colonial history.

I'm not using the term "European", I'm using the term "Indo-European". Which isn't anachronistic at all.

Eh? Greeks were always a tiny minority in Egypt ethnically. Even in alexandria we weren't the majority.

>lol what was central asia

>what is burden of proof

>he uses a bad translation
>he doesn't know brass inside a furnace glows brilliantly
>LOL WE WUZ AMIRITE

faggot

>Lots of people have blue eyes.

the vast majority of people on earth do not, what are you smoking?

>bad translation

This is a Muslim-tier argument.

You only need to see one of his posts to learn everything you need to know about him, ie, that he is mentally retarded and so anything he says is irrelevant and probably wrong.

protestant splinter groups constantly change and warp the translation of the bible to dodge copyright laws so they can make money selling bibles to other more naive protestants

sometimes Muslims are actually right

That part is from the KJV.

Not him but some translations are absolutely awfully wrong and often intentional

You realise that we have written accounts of Buddha, right? His skin was "golden-hued", he had black hair, and he had deep blue eyes. He'd probably look a lot like any modern high-caste northern Indian.

>KJV
>Revelation 1:14
>His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

dude uh, maybe recheck that before you embarrass yourself again.

also

>not the Vulgate

pls

Why is it so hard to believe that a man with an Aryan name, born among the (Aryan) ruling class of a society, and whose physical description is of an Aryan, was, in fact, Aryan? What else could he have been? A Mlechcha, like Krishna? With blue eyes, and light skin?

>dude uh, maybe recheck that before you embarrass yourself again.
But that's the part I quoted from the translation I said I quoted it from.

WE WUZ BUDDAH GUYS

WE WUUUUZZZ CUZ NAAAAAMMMEEE

>dravidian rape bladda
>ever white

let me guess, haplogroup map time? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>Every hair-root dark colored

fixd

Are you a moron? Serious question.

WE WUZ BUDDAH GUYS

WE WUZ CUZ MY FEELINGS

EVERYONE WHO EVER DID ANYTHING WAS WHIIIITTTEEEEE

1488 HEIL HITLER LMAO XDDDDDDD

I'M BEING LE IRONIC XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

GAS THE NIGGERS

So that's yes to being a moron. Go google the word "Aryan".

let's compare your quote to the actual text

actual text

>His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

your quote

>and His feet were like unto burnt brass, His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow

hmmmmmm

>burnt brass
>fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace

notice anything? I'll bet you're black nationalist too.

WE WUZ CUZ VEDIC MYTHS GUYYSSS

WE WUZ CUZ NAAAAAMMMEESSS

EVERYONE WHO EVER DID ANYTHING WAS WHIIITTEE CUZ I SAID SO

NO NOBODY COULD EVER INTERBREED NO WHITE PEOPLE ARE PURRRREEE AND NEVER FUCK NIGGERS LOOOOOOOL

>poo in the loos

I know, reading is hard. Better to just keep making a fool of yourself.

>white people never existed or did anything outside of Europe

you're actually worse than the revisionists, you're trying to erase history.

No, you are completely wrong. Aesthetically ancient Egyptians did not look like "Blacks" as their facial structure is completely different and Caucasian. "Black" refers to Africans, with the race being named "Black" after their dark skin colour. Dark skin isn't the only criteria to be or look Black however. This can be confusing as some people will use the term "black" (lower case b) to simply refer to the skin colour itself. Racially however, nobody would argue Egyptians look "Black" (with a capital B to denote the race which is confusingly named after a colour). The same applies to Whites, who are named after a colour even though that's not the only criteria to be OR look White. For example an Albino Black does not be or look White aesthetically whatsoever. A pale Arab however might look White as he is a Caucasian and has fair-skin. Whether that Arab is white or not though depends on your definition. Some definitions of White are pale skinned Caucasians with European ancestry, with other definitions pertaining to any pale-skinned Caucasian. I'm going off-topic though.

A better example would be Blacks and Aborigines. Very unrelated but could reasonably be mistaken for one another. Even then though, the differences in facial features are quite significant.

this.
it gets so tiring listening to white people and their delusions of grandeur

Substantially, how are those different?

>burnt brass
>burned brass
In either case both describe previously burned brass as opposed to presently burning brass.

>I'll bet you're black nationalist too.
I'm not even black or Christian.

WE WUUUUZZ PAY ATTENTION TO MUH 4000 YEAR OLD INVASION MYTHS GUYS NO GENETIC EVIDENCE? WUTS THAT LOL

NO FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF EVVVERRYOONE BEING WHITE

EGYPTIANS WERE WHITE

NATIVE AMERICANS WERE WHIITTEEE

EVERYONE WHO ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING RELEVANT WAS WHIITTEEE DEAL WITHJ IT FUCKING SHITSKINS LMAO XDDD

>burned brass

how can you be this retarded as to misquote the same text, not once but twice after it has been explicitly pointed out to you?

AS IF THEY BURNED IN A FURNACE

THIS IS PRESENT TENSE

THE PASSAGE IS MEANT TO CONVEY AN IMAGE OF BRASS BURNING INSIDE A FURNACE

AS IN

"THE BRASS BURNED INSIDE THE FURNACE"

YOU HAVE A THIRD GRADE READING LEVEL

I'm sure you think you're "zinging" us with your wit, but really it's just baffling. I can only imagine you think you're on stromfront or plebbit or something. But don't let me stop you being a fool.

>INVASION MYTHS

oh so you're an Indian nationalist.

No wonder why you're so butthurt, your nation state is a fabrication.

>strawmans

WAAAAHH GENOMICS HURTS MY FEE FEES AND MY WHITE NATIONALIST BULLSHIT MYTHS

>Even though there is a continued debate on the Aryan migration into India, detectable gene flow from west Eurasia has been shown by many studies[13, 16, 23, 24, 30, 31, 32, 44, 51, 53]. Interestingly, we have detected gene flow from the west prior to the Aryan invasion[30, 32]. There is now universal agreement that various Indian populations share a common late Pleistocene maternal and paternal ancestry, along with detectable east and west Eurasian ancestries[31, 54]. Using hundreds of thousands of autosomal markers, we illustrated that the Indian populations have two major distinct ancestry components; one restricted to southern India, the second one restricted to the northern region of India[30, 32]. It is noteworthy that both of the ancestry components show higher haplotypic diversity than those predominant in west Eurasia[32]. This rejects the idea of an Aryan invasion/migration and suggests an ancient demographic history and/or higher long-term larger effective population size in India than in west Eurasia.

>THIS IS PRESENT TENSE
No it isn't.

>burned
>present tense
shiggy

lol Tamerlane

>genetics don't change over time, information is never lost, populations never shift or fail to pass on their lineage en masse

I just gave you an example of a present tense statement using the word "burned".

Kill yourself troll.

WE WUZ GUYS WE WUUUZZZZ

>It is striking that the tribals do not possess U2e, and have the highest frequency of U2i. The gradations in frequencies (Figs. 1 and 2) of HG-M, particularly of subHG-M2, and also of HG-U, notably the absence of U2e among tribals, indicate that (1) tribals are more ancient than the castes,(2) there has been considerable admixture with Central and West Asians during the formation of the caste system, and (3) many new female lineages were introduced by the IE speakers.

>I just gave you an example of a present tense statement using the word "burned".
No that was a past tense statement. "Burned"= past tense, "burn"= present tense. What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to deny this?

The passage actually says
>kai hoi podes autou homoioi chalkolibano hos en kamino
>chalkolibano
>fine bronze
>hos en kamino
>as in a furnace

No mention of "burned" or "burnt", the meaning is of molten bronze which fits the fiery eyes and hair like ash. metaphors, people.

>genetics is a settled field, this interpretation is absolute truth and is no way influenced by politics

I wish you could be honest with yourself. Go ahead and pretend the entire northern half of the subcontinent wasn't systematically genocided.

Conclusions of this thread:
Buddha was white.
Jesus was black.
Veeky Forums was a mistake

you are actually on the same level as an elementary school child, you should feel ashamed

>
>chalkolibano

Also this term is used only here in Revelations, its translation as "fine bronze / brass" is ancient but etymologically it could just as well mean "glowing bronze".

WE WUZ GUYS WE WUZ LET ME FIELD THIS CREDULOUS HYPOTHESIS WITH NO PHYSICAL OR GENETIC EVIDENCE TO BACK IT CUZ I SAID

WE WUUUZZ WHIITTTEE

seriously where did all the """"""aryan""""""" indian nationalists come from? i know you all want to pretend to be stormfags but just lol

everything is a genocide to you nu-males regardless fucking lmao