Did we witness another major Democratic/Republican demographic switch in the last election...

Did we witness another major Democratic/Republican demographic switch in the last election, with regards to socioeconomic class?

I know I'm meant to post this on /pol/ but you know they can't have serious discussions.

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

>socio-economic
>humanities
thread is cleer for take off.

how do you mean? poor city folk usually support Dems. and poor country folk support Reps. Rich people are a toss up but tend towards Reps.

Americans got memed into voting against the "establishment" by a brilliantly run campaign by the establishment's candidate. It was a McCain runs for the Republican candidateship thing.

Well Trump supporters were mostly people who worked in the industrial sector and hence opposes free trade and unrestricted capitalism (same as Sanders), whereas Hillary supporters were mostly from the services sector meaning they had a more privileged upbringing and were able to afford college, they stood more to benefit from free trade and pro-business policies.

college educated white males voted for trump in the majority.
it was no where near that simple.

>Hillary supporters were mostly from the services sector meaning they had a more privileged upbringing

Are you serious? The service sector is the lowest of the low.

source

no breitbart alex j. or fox lies

Not him btw

>but you know they can't have serious discussions.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

>services sectors
>privileged upbringing
Wait, are you telling me that McDonald's burger flippers and gas station attendants are somehow more privileged than miners and industrial workers? What the fuck are you smoking?

He's partially correct. Although some of the services sector is made up of uneducated adults, a lot of it is also made up of young people who are working in services temporarily during highschool/college.

I can't say for certain, but I would say that there are far fewer students working in manufacturing.

I'm a 6'4" chef working at Wendys with a 9 inch penis making over 130,000 a year.

But many industrial laborers and miners earn more money than many college graduates (if we're talking non-STEM/medicine), so it's not that simple.

As much as I pity your problem, thread's gonna be deleted, and you shouldn't use that as an excuse to post shit like this.

Before it is though I will say that, these days, Americans will vote for any change. Doesn't matter which direction it is in, a great deal would willingly burn the nation to the ground, rather than stay the course. Bernie had far more young supporters than either Trump or Clinton, and in many ways, Trump is actually the opposite of what his party often claims to be for.

This is also, historically, par for the course. Few non-incumbent politicians have won office while campaigning for "more of the same". Bush Sr. is about the only recent exception, and he was running against a guy who wanted to go back to Carter's policies of the 70's. America likes change, period.

That said, things certainly have been turned on their head in my lifetime. The GOP is getting all chummy with Russia, claiming to be for the working stiff, and the Democrats have been labeled as the party of the rich elite conspiring with the globalists.

...but I suspect it'll all turn on its head again before I leave this life.

So, predictably, the opposite of what he said then.

While I agree, not all industrial jobs include that much hazard pay.

Are you illiterate.

also you ignored

I think you might actually be dumb.

> Trump won whites with a college degree 49% to 45%

>45% is less than 49%

well, yeah.

Hence, whoever claimed that this was the Clinton elite vs the Trump working man is retarded.

Lmao? exactly, more college educated whites voted for trump than hillary.

In case you need help reading the graph the other user posted it shows that republicans had a lead among college educated white men, the numbers with GOP +whatever next to them show the change between 2012 and 2016.

Communication is hard sometimes

>pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/
>White college graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%.
Yeah, so, it also says the opposite of what he said, thanks for reinforcing my point.

> sneakily adding "White" into that quote.

Are you Breitbart?

a change not total numbers retard

>republicans had a lead among college educated white men
What graph shows this? I'm not seeing one in the links. Surely the liberal brain washing of the higher learning centers would prevent this.

So there we have the evidence trump supporters are not even see the evidence when it is written down in numbers right in front of them.

"among white college graduates – a group that many identified as key for a potential Clinton victory – Trump outperformed Clinton by a narrow 4-point margin."

it has been quoted numerous times in the articles linked here.

Maybe your supposed liberal brainwash is simply another /pol/-bogeyman?

>fucking changing the quote to fit your narrative.

The Democrats are basically turning into the Africa national Congress and the Republicans have basically become the party of white people, it was not even all that bad this time around but is only going to become a massive shitshow in the coming years as demographics shift.

Literally right here: >white men, college
>REP LEAD
Are you a fucking idiot? And I'm a Trump supporter, not a liberal.

>That said, things certainly have been turned on their head in my lifetime. The GOP is getting all chummy with Russia, claiming to be for the working stiff, and the Democrats have been labeled as the party of the rich elite conspiring with the globalists.
Ask your dad about the Dixiecrats.

Am i being fucking trolled?

What's going on in this thread?

at some points communication seems to have broken down.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it's just 5-6 rabid anti-/pol/-posters that were to quick to dismiss anything that smelled even remotely alt-right, and suddenly found themselves arguing against each other.

You're such a slimy cunt.