Civilization VI: John Curtin Leads Australia

civilization.com/news/entries#civilization-vi-john-curtin-leads-australia
youtube.com/watch?v=11HVt8f0X-I
> John Curtin was the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, serving from 1941 to 1945. He held office while the country was under direct threat of Japanese attack during World War II. He proved more than capable for the job through his landmark legislations, which greater unified the many states of Australia and assisted in its reconstruction following the war.
> Curtin, leader of the Labor Party, sadly passed away while in office on July 5, 1945. He left behind a legacy of progressive social reform and civic responsibility that ensured he will forever be remembered as one of Australia’s most influential citizens.

Veeky Forums vidya thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

civ6.gamepedia.com/Civilizations
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Australia is a civ
kek

Civ is shit.

I thought we all knew that Veeky Forums is /gsg/ territory.

#liquoria2ftw

I pirated Civ 6 when it first came out, and the retarded and insane AI made the game feel like a joke.

I guess they patched it but I'm not gonna pay full retail just to see if it's fun.

I can't stop laughing holy shit

Ah yes, of course, the magnificent and highly cultured Australian civilization.

/gsg/ is just map autism

>playing the video jew

Veeky Forums is /gsg/+/pol/+/r9k/, it's a fact

>Australia
>Civilisation

What did they mean by this?

Australian civilization but no mention of abos.

Must be white supremacy at work.

So here's the list so far: civ6.gamepedia.com/Civilizations .
They don't have Persians, Mongols, Turks, Inca, any of the ancient Semitic-speaking civilization like Akkad, Assyria, Judea, Phoenicia or Carthage, or anyone from the South-Eastern Asia or Polynesia, and yet they decided to add the famous Australian Civilization. Eurocentrism is real.

Anyone else expecting Australia's unique unit to be the famed 'Abo Spearchucker'?

Of course it's real, you retard, the game is made by Europeans. Maybe if you want your shitty Asian country in it, you should make your own game.
I do think that fucking Australia was a mistake, though.

Where is Jadviga? Is she not out yet?

I wish they wouldn't make it so obvious that they're really trying to squeeze as many female leaders as possible in there whether or not they're actually important.

>Catherine de Medici
>Gorgo

Get real. At least pick female leaders that became leader for reasons besides marrying the king.

>He left behind a legacy of progressive social reform

Australia is getting a Civ? What the fuck next? Canada?

led by Trudeau Sr

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest.

>DUDE

>Catherine de Medici
>Leader of France
Lol all this bitch was able to do was whelp three sickly faggots to be poor to mediocre kings and constantly fuck up the situation with her religious zealotry and shit decision making skills.
France should've became Huguenot.
Long live Admiral de Coligny

you don't think they got more players form Australia than all those countries combined?

The new farmville looks great

So I wanted to prove you wrong so I checked it out and you're actually right. Moreover, is right too, Canada is the next.

Well they do have Poland as a civilization so Australia ain't that far of a stretch.

>Australia is a civ
>Incas are not

This is why civ 6 is fucking garbage. That and lack of mod support.

SCOTLAND FOREVER

So when is Belgium gonna be a civ?

GOD SHITS IN A KAISAR

>France
>Italian whore

Not gonna buy this shit

Incase don't buy as many pc games in 2017

I'm a Canadian and I still think it'd be dumb as shit for Canada to get a spot before the myriad other, better options.

So what's their special ability?

>Australia has never invented anything
>He posts, using his wifi

This is part of a trend to add more modern civilizations mixed with the old.

Portugal was a giant in the colonial era, but today is a 'literally who?' civilization compared to the Brazilians. So it made sense to have both Brazill and Portugal as civilizations in Civ 5, Portugal is basically nobody today. Just like having both America and Britain as civilizations. Australia has the potential, with all its land and resources, to outpace Britain as a civilization in the future.

The rising stars VS the crumbling old powers falling into obscurity.

Australia is a civilization? They might as well add Estonia, Slovakia and Uruguay next.

>this post

What are you, a misogynist?

Extra housing if you build cities on coastal tiles

>australia

Guess that Finland will be included in the Meme Nations DLC then.

>Persians, Mongols, Turks, Inca
were all in civ 5 tbf, no reason to assume they won't be added in dlc
>Akkad
fair enough
>Assyria
was also in 5
>Judea
would be cool but they probably won't add it for the same reason they never have. too controversial due to associations with israel
>Phoenicia
who would you have as the leader?
>Carthage
been in every game since 2. will obviously be added sooner or later
>anyone from the South-Eastern Asia or Polynesia
5 had Siam, Indonesia and Polynesia
>they decided to add the famous Australian Civilization
due to popular demand. same reason they added norway, scythia and sumeria. people were asking for them on the forums. mark my words, canada will be next

wow this is some boring shit

Never. It's not a civilization, not a nation, just a state.

Series should be renamed to "Anglo Colonies and a Couple Of Old Civilizations Too"

They should have chosen this madman instead.

Chile and Argentina probably have tons of people who consider themselves the descendants of the Incas, and they're lower-class first-world nations.

Belgium is God's Mistake.

They're not first world by any metric

But they aren't their own really developed culture, they're just British. Many Australians are probably closer, culturally, to certain groups in Britain than some other groups in Britain are from each other.

>implying that non-europeans are capable of being civilized

it's called civilization for a reason

Proof required nigger

Yes they are. Lower first-world, though.

>They don't have Persians, Mongols, Turks, Inca, any of the ancient Semitic-speaking civilization like Akkad, Assyria, Judea, Phoenicia or Carthage, or anyone from the South-Eastern Asia or Polynesia
Guess what, neither did Vanilla Civilization 5 or 4. They added all that with the expansions
They based their leaders this time around on personality

Have you ever been to Australia and Britain?
I mean, the US is only a civ because of its power, as well as separating earlier, and so, having a tab more culture.

>lower first-world

So this is the newest buzzword that 3rd world countries use to describe themselves?

I am Australian and have lived here all my life

>expecting anything more from civ

It is literally a series meant for people that are too autistic for rts games but not autistic enough for paradox's shit.

>Not knowing how monarchy works
Stop swallowing English Propaganda and educate yourself

>HDI(2014) 0.836[10]
>very high·40th
From the Wikipedia page of Argentina. They're certainly better than third-world, if we're using the modern definitions of the three worlds.
Maybe upper second-world.

So you know Australian culture? And you're familiar with British culture, yes? At least from movies, yes?
If the people of your country were suddenly transported to some county in England, and everyone acted as if you had been there all along, can you honestly say people travelling through Britain would say that they felt like they were in a foreign country, in Australian Shire, as opposed to the lands around it? Can you?

We didn't invent wifi.

>Chile and Argentina probably have tons of people who consider themselves the descendants of the Incas
No.Unless you are shitposting.CHile has the Mapuches and Argentinians are niggers from Spain,Italy,Germany and the UK

>Arabia
>Saladin

Anyone been to the John Curtin hotel? Pretty good desu.

To be fair with Australia, it planned (sort of) for Civ 5. The devs wanted a colonial civ, and it was toss up between Brazil, Canada and Australia.

Also something interesting I found, the Shoshone were not going to be Brave New World at first. Firaxis looked into adding the Pueblo, but when doing research into their language and history, large members of that community refused to let them add their people into a video game.

*Triggered in French*

So if fucking aussies get a civ, when does canada get one? I'd take laurier or william lyon mackenzie king.

Fuck Civ VI.
They don´t have all of the most significant civilizations, yet they chose to add Australia, what a joke.
Civ V is 10x better than this shit.

>tfw no succession war

I... don't see the difference.

Artsyle got a lot more cartoony, but the animations are really expressive. Cleo is a qt

>tfw no Empress Theodora gf

>letting an underpopulated pacific nation with a fairly short written history be included in a history-themed videogame
>this is eurocentric somehow, as opposed to having a billion civs from actual Europe in every game previously

Piss off fuckwit. At least the world map can be semi realistic now.

Oh
If that's the case, then I honestly don't mind the style as well. I thought it was a 'MGTOW' triggering.

Tomyris is a qt.

>Frederick Barbarossa wears full plate armor

BEHEAD THE FUCKING MODELERS RIGHT NOW.

I come from /k/.

Shermans > T-34s

The model is based off this painting which was probably done a good few hundred years after his death, it is kind of lazy but at least it ain't Sweden bad.

No Austrailia is a bubble about to burst.
Massively inflated housing market, unchecked immigration, iron ore (which china buys) production tapering off.

Expect a massive economic depression within the next 10 years.

She has a fucking brick for a nose

>unchecked immigration
Don't they have a skilled labor points based system and quotas?

>Victoria was plain irl
>So was Medici
>Cleopatra was noted by Caesar and Anthony for her wit, nothing about her looks
>Tomyris is some random fuck Tribeswomen from the steppes
>surprised when the look ugly

Humans have always put idealized attractiveness on a pedestal. Those old Greek and Roman statues aren't all ugly plain people. Neither are all those Renaissance paintings. Cinema has always been dominated by attractive actors. We don't go to fiction for a boring repeat of our mundane reality, we go to it for an idealized escape from reality. This is why the push for more "realistic" women in videogames is missing the point.

>imperialist who destroyed state power by usurping it at the federal level leaving australia with the disfunctional authoritarian centralized system it has now
>"He left behind a legacy of progressive social reform and civic responsibility"

Unique Emu barbarian unit with higher attack towards australia when?

Ausfag here. I can guarantee most Australians have little to no idea who this is. Really doesn't deserve to be a civ.

But there's male characters that are plain to ugly. You have to be a complete and total spastic to have a fit over some ugly broad being ugly.

>he plays watered down post-iv civilization games
>he doesn't play realism invictus with half a billion civs to choose from

>he thinks a war against literal dinosaurs would be won easily

m8 pls

How dare you talk down our advanced country because your and idiot

Saved.

Im Australian and i have no idea what he meant by this. We literally turn boats back around and tried to outright ban muslims not long ago

I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be outraged about here. The characters on the bottom look more colorful and detailed while retaining the same basic art style. That's basically what a sequel is supposed to accomplish.

>Australians
>Civilized

Pick fucking one

Hey come on guys, it could have been worse.

They could have made the Aussie leader a fucking abbo.

>Unique unit: Abbo Warrior
>This unit can lay down on any road and slow down advancing troops by acting as a temporary speed bump

>Unique ability: Sniff Petrol
>Once every 5 turns your units can sniff petrol, this boosts defenses allowing them to take more damage but they move much slower

>Unique building: Twig Shack
>Does nothing, it actually wastes a tile space that could have been used as a pasture

lel is that guy at the bottom middle smoking a cigar?

>I don't care if we're in battle, ask me if I give a fuck

>invents wifi
>has some of the sittiest internet speeds on the planet

What did Aussies mean by this?

Also don't use the excuse "our country is huge" even in the major cities the broadband infrastructure is garbage,

Kek

Britain is second most popular place for Australians to emigrate (it was first but has since been overtaken by the USA) and Australia is the first most popular for Brits.

There's a reason for that, you can go to either country and live your life basically exactly the same way and get along with the locals without any cultural barriers.

I mean, you'd find it difficult to have a good barbecue in England but you know what I mean. There's practically no difference in culture, you can basically see this in action by looking at the tourists form both countries, both equally terrible.