So which one should a person start with: Bitcoin or Ethereum?

So which one should a person start with: Bitcoin or Ethereum?
And how much to put in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0
eth.nanopool.org/help
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1638450.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>So which one should a person start with: Bitcoin or Ethereum?
ETH

>And how much to put in?
whatever you can afford to lose

BTC

ETH is a scam

youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0

Put your savings into eth we going to the moon

>buying btc or ETH at all time highs

I sure hope you've got some insider information

Read up on coins that have good community support and realistic, achievable goals. Don't buy buzzwords. Then go get some ltc and xfer it to an exchange like bittrex and buy that coin.

>why ltc

Its stable as a rock so you won't lose much in arbitrage during xfer and you will get your money sooner than btcs mess of a network

sucking dick in clubs will make yo more money

ETH if you just wanna hold ETH. LTC if you want to use an exchange (less volatile).

>ETH
Bitcoin is cheap. Buy BTC and wait for ETH to slow a little, then sell BTC for ETH.

Don't rely on one crypto.

Oh, or LTC. I always forget that.
All three are good.

newb question, can i mine eth on my home pc when I'm not using it to game and or shitpost? also any quick guides to set up eth mining? I have an eth wallet and mist, but cant go from there to mining, or do I need an initial bit of eth to start mining?

ok, now dat newies an normies have spoken let me explain it to you

you just chose one in the correct moment, btc and eth prices are correlative just take a look a this chart.

Not unless you have 3+cards at this very moment. even if you could find those cards, which are sold out everywhere it's too late

damn one gtx1070 isnt enough?
if I got 2 amd cards can i mine and shitpost at the same time?

Even if it were profitable, you probably don't want to get into mining.
Its not exactly great for the environment.
I think Satoshi made a mistake making it possible to mine coins forever (hypothetically, at least) or even for this long, even if at a loss.
Its more a waste than anything else. You're getting something for nothing but processor usage.

Either way, trading is and has always been safer because you don't have to make that mining ROI.

lol you have no idea what mining is like.
Every time someone mines a coin, it gets harder to mine coin.
It emulates real mining.
Miners are the people who get in first and early.

so I couldnt leave my computer on all day every day and mine for any at all, even if I only profit $5 a month?
even with cloud mining?

my pc has a 850W power supply and only peaks at 350W, so i have plenty of room to slap in extra gpu's

any coin that can be mined, or some way to make money from my pc when I'm not using it?

>Either way, trading is and has always been safer because you don't have to make that mining ROI
extra money is extra money, even if its chump change, id rather mine tiny amounts to supplement trading profit

Not the op but thanks for the tips guys. Is there any sticky or paste where a person can get started with BTC/ETH?

I've been mining on my 1070 for 4 days now and made 0.076 eth.

sounds good to me, which program/miner do you use, or know any links to a guidfe that is actually useful? screenshot of your setup mining would be nice, so I know what it will look like when I set it up right

i downloaded cpp eth, when I run the program this shows up, does this mean I'm mining?

Wait for something that looks like a weekly/3days low and go balls deep

Wait for it to hit +15% or +30% or whatever your goal is ( depends how often you plan to play, if you play at the day or the hour, 5-10% is enough) then sell it, wait for the next dip, ..etc

The only difficult thing is guesing if you are in a dip or no, but most of the time BTC and ETH are on an upwards trend so you'll win most of the time.

Also diversify, don't put all your money on one coin.

It's useful to know that we are currently at an all time high whether it's BTC or ETH so you are still at risk of the whole thing going down back to 1800-2200 $. Don't play with money you can't afford to lose.

Avoid little coins at first, you need constant watching and "insider" info to really make something out of them.

are you fucking 12? do you know what electricity costs are?

Fuck, really? Why is it the mining scene for ETH just exploded?

Download Ethereum Wallet so you could get yourself a wallet. Then follow the guide:
eth.nanopool.org/help
I use genoil opencl miner, my 1070 makes 30 mh/s after overclock.

Thank you seriously, should I start with coin base or is there another/better site to buy/sell?

if you want to start ming take a look here
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1638450.0

zcoin is supposed to implement a protocol that handicaps the big mining farms so you can make more profit with your home pc and a couple video cards.. also amd is coming out with some cards that are purely for mining.. they have no video ports what so ever.. these would be better to use than real video cards..

EVERYTHING IS CRASHING

WTF IS GOING ON

Bitcoin is going to recover right guys?

ETH

Most people seem to use coinbase to buy BTC/ETH then Poloniex or Bittrex for exchange, they work fine but there may be better options i dont know.

don't listen to those retards

yeah, you can't mine btc, and eth will probably not break even

but you can mine zec or monero and make some money (plus they are great coins to mine if you just want some money for the darknet)

zec will stress your gpus and take a lot of power but it has the best return ratio right now

if you want something less intensive to mine, then mine monero on your CPU and GPU. It really only cares about cache, so it doesn't take a lot of power and you can multitask

imagine how many times these words have been spoken and how many times it has recovered

Cryptos are the first currency to crash so whales can cover their shorts in the stock market. It's 1987 and the Dotcom boom all wrapped up in a derivative black hole. You ain't seen nothing yet

Newbie question, sorry:
I downloaded the Ethereum wallet and it's still at 1% sync after 2 hours, is this normal?

You may try restarting pc, also be careful as it stores shit on disk C.

Yes, it's like 200GB total