Why do/did Humans go to such great lengths and efforts to wage war?

Why do/did Humans go to such great lengths and efforts to wage war?

Because war is fun

AND I LAY THERE GAZING AT THE SKY
MY BODY'S NUMB AND MY THROAT IS DRY

A better question is how did we end up with an entire generation of beta numale cucks who consider fighting to be a completely foreign idea? Is it the estrogen in the water?

Because humans with opposing views do.

In the ancient world you needed a military elite to defend against their military elite, it has simply escalated from there as our means have expanded.

Because we're animals and fundamental wiring in our brains compels us to compete with other tribes for resources.

>The current generation invented anti-war sentiment
You have to go back

the "fundamental wiring in our brains" compels us to want things, it is the rational part of the brain that concludes we must conduct a war to obtain said things

Cause you talked shit about my waifu

resource scarcity
asserting dominance
greed
the LULZ

Tribalism mainly.

>go from punching other men to death to floating giant weapons upon the ocean and destroying entire cities with nuclear fire
Tribalism, not even once

What humanity needs is an external threat to shift the perception of us vs them.

Hopefully that's a battle we can win, but not so completely that we become insular again. Rome destroyed itself when it no longer had a Carthage to test its metal.

Perhaps because modern war is neocon banker war. A truely just war would be removing non-White Aliens from our nation.

Even then we wouldn't be united anymore than we are because we aren't one people and never will be. Thank God because diversity creates beauty on the earth.

Seriously?

This is Veeky Forums. They are, unfortunately, deadly serious.

Killed before and will kill again.

Sure thing tough guy.

I've worked with a lot of ex military on the rigs. The ones that have done the killing don't go bragging about. Only try hards like yourself do

>people behave exactly the same irl as they do on my anonymous hentai warehouses

because people are shit and are only good at making their successors better than themselves so occasionally there needs to be cullings that make the next generation stronger otherwise we stagnate and die with time. Our evolution stopped being about physical changes and became an external entity that continues to grow and our physical selves become less and less necessary and therefore less and less effective. There's no stopping the train now we ride it until humanity is obsolete and the external entity is all there is, continuing to grow in power until a point where we can't really comprehend.

We can guess it ends badly since if time is really endless then this whole experiment clearly happened before and if they transcended then where are they now? Are they gods or are they dead by their own hands?

Not much to do, we just keep fighting and let the collective evolution of consciousness set whatever course it will. It's folly to try to stop a force of nature that transcends lifetimes and exists outside any individual. War is more real than any of us.

That wasn't a boast, that was a fact about the site you're on.

Because who has the strongest weapons holds the power, are you a third grader that need to ask such question?

You would enjoy Blood Meridian by Cormac Mccarthy.

Planetary Annihilation was right, soon all that will be left will be self-replicating machines of war

War has been seen as a plague since forever. What do you mean? If anything, the glorification of combat has been the downfall of many societies. Not arguing for or against waging war, because it would be foolish when so many variables are in play in different situations but come on. What's with the weak generalisations?
>beta numale cucks
Ah.

Use of force is a good way to get what you want.

t. hardened veteran with level 10 prestige in call of duty

Real

Because humans go to such great lengths and efforts to wage war. We have to keep up to defend ourselves.

It's a tautological paradox, but it's what we're stuck with.

>Why do/did Humans go to such great lengths and efforts to wage war?
If you practice war well and your neighbors don't, you have a lot to gain. So everyone does it, because preparing for war keeps you safe even if you don't plan on attacking anyone.

Prisoner's dilemma on a societal level, basically.