God creates universe

>god creates universe
>waits 9 billion years for solar system and earth to form
>waits another 4 billion years for living beings to start walking the earth
>waits around 500 million years for evolution to churn out human beings
>human beings come up with their own countless religions which vary all over the world
>finally appears to one person or a small group of people and give them the word of god
>this group of people was right and has the true word of god, all the others were either lying or insane
how do people believe this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye
creation.com/how-old-is-the-earth
trueorigin.org/dating.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he's possibly smoking weed so time is not an issue.

>smoking weed
This task is important part of few religions

>implying god is subject to our understanding of space and time

maybe I shouldn't have included that since people are focusing on the "time" aspect rather than the "choosing one religion over all others" aspect, which is the crux of the post

the others were obviously seduced by demons

how do you know which ones were seduced by demons and which one wasn't though

Time has no meaning to a higher being

No, no, no, no OP.
It's only 10,000 years max. He made the world in like 7 days or something. God isn't a fucking cucklord.

indoctrination

>he's never played SimEarth before

but how does an indoctrinated person answer that question to himself?

He was probably busy doing other stuff.

Is it not possible that a deity could simply will a complete and functioning universe into being during it's lifecycle? I mean, if you're under the assumption that God had to shape rocks by hand and pull together stars through natural processes, this makes sense, but I'd say it's far more believable that a creator deity simply brought things into existence from nothingness.

>believing the radiocarbon jew
>believing the microwave background radiation jew
>believing the redshift expansion jew
>believing the tectonic jew
>believing the cryogenically preserved atmospheric bubbles jew

The Truth what ever it is, is only know by a few. I bet you understand that dont you? The majority seems to be under some kind of Illusion, but a few know.. at least a part of the Truth.. what ever it its.
And there always where People who could see clearly and there will always be People who see it.
Probably because it is engrained in each one of us..somewhere deep inside

The bible strictly and literally states God creates the universe in 6 days. Then rested on the 7th cause he got tired.

9 billion years is a lie from the liberals.

woah that's deep dude *hits vape*

He was busy granting salvation to alien civilizations, duh

The Bible is an ancient myth and you are a simpleton for taking an English translation as literal truth. You are also shortsighted in demanding that Nonchristians do so. You also foolishly conflate modern political ideology with religiosity.

These are all stupid mistakes to make in how you think.

Inb4 Im not trying to defend anyone who does ... cruelthings..

Have you ever heard of allegorie? Or did you ever heard of Time dilation? If you state what the Bible as example says about the creation is Sientificaly wrong(i dont think the earth was made in 6 days, but never understood the bible in a way it would meant to be understood like that, at least not Human days...) i musst say we Humans still have alot to learn about Science.

>Then rested on the 7th cause he got tired.
Not because he got tired, but only because he could.

Theological brainlet confirmed.

I dont understand why people always want to argue about Storys about an apple or how quik the earth was made AHhahaha

Isn't there mutch more important things to discuss? Look at the bible read it.. and then your biggest question is ... how the Apple tasted? Ahha or if god probably exaggerate the speed of his ability to make stuff out of nothing? AHAHhAh ooyyoo phew
But no worries we can still make it Happen

try to explain this

Protip: you can't.

>I bet you understand that dont you?
no

At least this explanation makes sense if you accept the premises as true.

Are you copying these comments from somewhere?

You must be.
Or are you writing these out yourself?
bretty good bait attempts, but you should try them on (You)tube or something like that, people that stupid wouldn't be able to use Veeky Forums

Im not a geologist or whatever, so no.
Id be wiling to bet that you arent either.

Bet you can't explain this either
checkmate atheists

>pls dont believe
No

checkmate?

No i am not copying.
This whole threat is Bait.
And how do you know that the Bible claims that also literally? Arn't there some thing like.. Angelyears in the.. Bible..Hebrew..Abrahamist..stuff?

Probably the earth just turned slower that it is now, so a day could be 20 Bilion years and slowly the earth took up speed.

What do i know? I dont clame that this is the Truth. I bet the Bible was changed and it once did hold the the Truth, or a part of it, but now it got perverted just like everithing gets perverted in the hands of ... Men... Evil Men most likely.

I dont understand why people always want to argue if God exists or not..
Right now this question isn't that important, we should just ask ourselfes what is right to do and what not and than act to support the right things.

Bible claims are literal because they are the words of god. It says so right in the bible as well.

There's two proof right there.

just asking questions

weak bait

>Probably the earth just turned slower that it is now, so a day could be 20 Bilion years and slowly the earth took up speed
the earth's spin is actually slowing down tho

ok. well damn. I still read some pretty amazing things in there.. apart of all the brain fuck and funny(wrong).. statements. It can be very inspiriting.

I'm not trying to bait anyone i want us all to get of the hook.

thanks for the information.

The Truth is some where we should fight over unrelevant stuff. We can argue nothing wrong with that. But please dont treat Humans unworthy or mistreat them in anyway only because they belive in diferent things than you.
As long they do more good than bad they are on your side and it seems like we wont be able to win without them.
LOve KnOwledge WiLL

LOOWLL?

>a creator deity simply brought things into existence
And did it in such a way that it looks 13 billion years old even though it's only 6 thousand years old?

Oh how times have changed.

Have they?

>OP has never left his philosophical echo chamber
>assumes everyone shares his assumptions

First problem with your argument is that it presupposes million year gaps, and presupposes evolution. Both are able to be argued for with a lot of circumstantial evidence, but when it comes down to it, there are no first hand witnesses to any of these assumptions. That's what makes study of origins subjective, even if it is scientific. Very often, proof of an evolution based theory is purely hypothetical.

Example, the eye. The complexity of the human eye is often put forth by ID proponents as favoring the concept of a Designer. The reply to this has typically been, a long time ago creatures developed flesh that is sensitive to light which developed over long periods of time. The hypothesis is often left to stand as it's own self evident proof and I've rarely seen anyone provide fossil or other evidence to prove the light sensitive flesh theory.
Needless to say, rebuttals to that theory aren't taken into consideration, if they're listened to at all.

It's the subjective nature of origins and the unwillingness to listen to opposing evidence on this single issue that makes people skeptical. I myself try to be open to info about subjects I don't fully understand (viz. the sciences), but when a group that is changing its view on something as mundane and testable as whether eggs are good or bad for you ONLY claims to be in 100% irrefutable conviction on topics that vex "the Right", it becomes suspect.

I for one am willing to consider evidence in favor of evolution and warming and le clump of cells meme. But I'm constantly put off by the peer pressuring, Leftist tactics of people in favor of them.

>believing the backward bronze age writing jew

What is that?

Now it's a far-right website providing CP to internet pedos.

That pic IS the explanaition.
Were you perhaps home schooled?

>guy who got caught up in the ayy lmao hype
>bible is an ancient myth

That said, you're a retard for choosing to reply unironically to the most obvious b8 reply in this entire thread

>I've rarely seen anyone provide fossil or other evidence to prove the light sensitive flesh theory.
New to the internet, are you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

>The hypothesis is often left to stand as it's own self evident proof and I've rarely seen anyone provide fossil or other evidence to prove the light sensitive flesh theory.
You don't even need a fossil, there's a whole series of related creatures who are alive where you can follow every stage of that evolution from sea snail to octopus. One of the handy things about evolution coupled geographic isolation, is that it isn't always the case that the previous forms die out or get absorbed.

Think the problem is more often that the creationist camp will stick to its guns and bring out the same singular argument, over and over again, often from decades ago, and referencing decades dead science, regardless of how many times said argument has been shot down.

On the other hand... I do think there's some odd stuff going on in evolution, even in the lab, that does suggest there's more mechanisms involved than we originally suspected, but I don't think the creationists path is the way to find them. If there is a god not wanting to reveal himself outright, he's not gonna make it that easy.

And also, it does help to have religion, or some sort of moral framework, to help mitigate the ethical implications that a short sighted or narrow view of evolution sometimes involved.

I'm for religion, really - I think it has value and a function in even a secular society - I only get irked when it starts trying to exert itself by force and becomes fundamentalist and anti-intellectual.

I wasn't actually assuming that. The question was to those who shared my assumptions.
Obviously if you believe that the claims made in the bible about the origin of earth and life are literally true you're going to think the Bible is the word of God.
Are most Christians creationists though? I'm from Italy, so here creationism is pretty rare since the church does not tend to reject science.

>can't pick up on sarcasm
come on, try to keep up

>wikipedia
lol

you know you're dealing with an absolute retard when he takes wikipedia as a reliable source

>creationism is pretty rare since the church does not tend to reject science

Neither do creationists.

Science (real natural observable science) favours the YEC position, not the evolutionists.

Ever notice atheists implicitly seem to validate religion by demanding it make internal sense? Like they don't ACTUALLY accept it as made up stories, they consistently argue against it from a position of accepting that it IS implicitly divine, OPs argument is the same thing as asking why superman doesn't subjugate the rest of humanity with his powers instead of accepting the premise of it at face value as a silly story.

>Science (real natural observable science) favours the YEC position, not the evolutionists.
ok

It's called conceding for the sake of argument.
It's to point out that even if you accept the premise of God creating the universe there really is no connection to any religion specifically.

>9 billion years
There's your problem. The world is approx. 6000 years old, not millions or billions.

creation.com/how-old-is-the-earth
trueorigin.org/dating.php

Post a better source or shut up.

Care to provide an example, or are you just redefining words to your convenience?

When it comes to the topic of evolution/creation, wikipedia is heavily biased towards atheism. There are literal atheist brigades and gate keepers.

They deliberately lie, slander and misrepresent opposing views. People that try to correct these mistakes get silenced and even banned.

>time
>mattering to an eternal being

OP is an idiot.

He (unironically) believes in the myth of evolution or he's just baiting. Just sage and hide the thread.

Post a better source or shut up.

>god exists in a special dimension that we can't understand or explain nor verify, but trust me it's real
Seriously?

>he thinks god is a bearded man above the clouds

This is why nobody takes atheists seriously.

>uses redicule instead of argument

I wanted to succinctly counter the points because if no one does, they stand unchallenged, I don't care if it's bait.

What God really is is existence, the fabric of matter itself

There is some truth to be found in the heathen religions. They simply don't have as much of it as the one true faith. Why should it be so surprising that some people get things more right than others?

So God is quarks and electrons?

And non existence, the unknown fabric of the invisible.

And above all of that.

People who unironically believe in religion are utter retards
An abstract god is okay but seriously thinking that the creator of the universe cares about whether you eat pork or fuck men in the ass is a mental illness

You're gonna change your mind when you die and face God.

So... It's pretty much as he didn't existed at all, correct?

Why are you so sure?

The idea of some disinterested god that made everything is as equally ridiculous as an overly interested one that made everything. both are two sides of the same coin of fundamentally human sensibilities.

Keep telling yourself that, Ahmed

If you want a preview die to your sins.

>God
>waits

OP confirmed having a 12 year olds understanding of theology

muslims are so arrogant they can't even type "kys" like a normal human being. why do we allow these creatures to drain oxygen from the world?

If a god actually cared about how people acted he'd make sure the rules reached all people.

The world you live in is literally made of them. In the United States We call them Natural Laws and that's where we derive our rights from.

>natural laws
>royal we

Hahahah, my sides. Enjoy your neoplatonism wrapped up in airs of a demokratia.

Because they were raised on it. It's called compartmentalization. They could be skeptical rational people when it comes to their day to day lives, but their religion exists in its own little box, free from any real scrutiny.

It made the US the most powerful country in the world, not one for evidence?

You just described evolutionists.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

Nigger, you missed my point. I only referred the the argument about the eye, as something "debunked" by hypothetical arguments. Not that I ascribe to it.
Learn to read gooder.

Now you see this is what a thinking evolutionist looks like. That's a good point desu, and living creatures with "eyespots" does lend to the credibility of the hypothesis. But I never meant to deny the existence of eyespots, only the cavalier (and difficult to demonstrate) chain from eyespots to fully functional eyeballs.
I myself am Catholic so, naturally I have a degree of inevitable bias, but I don't have a personal chip at stake because the Church doesn't dogmatize about human origins too much.
Nonetheless, it's an argument related to my book so I want to know as much as I can about it.

I wish I were as up to date on creationist arguments but I do have to acknowledge that the cards are often stacked against them, when it comes to having their objections weighed fully.

Creationism is only really dogmatically proposed by a segment of Protestantism. There are Creationist Catholics and Orthodox, but that's left to individual conscience mostly.
I myself am on the fence.

And guess who Nature belongs to.

>US most powerful country reliant on any factor but a vast resource rich continent, weak natives to subvert, and almost no competing colonial interests

Plato go and stay go.

If you were up to date on creationist material and articles, you'd realize that evolution is a dead theory.

Former adherents of darwinism have even come out and admitted that evolution is nothing but a myth of the 20th century. The "ID" movement is growing within the scientific community, and the increasing hostility towards them shows that the militant atheist evolutionists are desperate.

The only thing keeping evolutionism alive is government funding.

It feels good to un-brainwash yourself from "millions" of years, monkey-to-man mythologies and realize the Bible is actually literally true as history, science and archeology shows.

Would you like to name some of these people within the growing 'ID' movement?

I'm only up to date on your mom's STD tests ;)

PS: u goan have a new baby bro in 9 months LOL

You have quite the imagination.

Why aren't Brazil and Mexico up there then?

But I bet you'd have no problem believing the universe is a computer simulation running through it's program, even though it's exactly the same as believing the things religious people believe that you pretend to act incredulous of.

>you might believe this ridiculous thing that I just made up! you're such a hypocrite

Not OP but are you retarded?

>Not OP
So why do you think I give a damn about your opinion, jackass?

>Former adherents of darwinism have even come ou
Name one

Are you saying you gave a damn about OP's? When you were more concerned with crafting strawmen? Is this how you satisfy your inner mental turmoil?

>That guy questions my beliefs? Well he probably believes in something just as ridiculous! I don't have any evidence that he actually believes it, but it feels good to believe that he does.

Transparent as fuck.

It's not a strawman moron.
If you can understand why an engineer would be willing to run a simulation, and change parameters within that simulation after the simulation has run for a set period of time, then you should be able to understand at least on the level of a thought experiment the rational behind the series of statements regarding religion that he claims to find so puzzling. The fact he cannot stop tipping his fedora for five minutes to understand this means he is either an idiot or dishonest, and either way his opinions are of no value.

The fact you couldn't see that either doesn't speak too highly of your own intellectual capacity by the way...

Pseud detected

It's a strawman, my dude. You're going on a buttblasted tyrade over a position OP never presented.

Abrahamic God is a being that transcends space/time, he exists in past/present/future in everywhere, in all time periods.