What happens if my HDD with my wallet on it dies?

What happens if my HDD with my wallet on it dies?
What happens if it died 3 minutes ago?

should have made backups

kek

1st step of downloading a new wallet:
>encrypt

2nd step of downloading a new wallet:
>backup wallet file

if you do anything else you are doing it wrong

I have a question. If I have a keystone file and I make a copy of it and put that on a different hard drive, is that all I would need to do to back it up?

Someone doesn't know how the blockchain works

Any anons wanna teach me about wallets I know nothing about them and keep my entire life savings in ether on bittrex

What do you mean dead?

Does it not boot to windows?

If it doesnt boot to windows it probably still has the data on it. Find a Copy of Mini windows 7 and boot from the disk.

If you cant make a bootable disk go and buy a USB to SATA adapter and plug that drive into another computer and find your wallet file.

it's literally just some dumb numbers like this

34r89143r13648r8134r9613948r9124r9t1942r

that;s my key plz don;t steal

Come live with me as my bodypillow cute anime poster because you're royally screwed then.
Print out your sheet of keys and passwords

Yes just backup the keystore file.

I keep all my ETH on the exchanges to avoid the fees of transporting around from wallet to exchange

>buy a USB to SATA adapter and plug that drive into another computer and find your wallet file.
This is your best bet. If you can get your wallet.dat file back this way, make sure to save it on at least two different locations (sd, usb, eternal, etc) to avoid any future problems

>t. 1 ETH holder

Thanks user! you da MVP backing me up and not shitting on this noob.

Depends on what happened. And how it shows up now in system

if it was usb drive.... try to take sata drive out of cage and connect it directly.

usb drives.... are actually regular sata drives with small board that converts sata to usb.

Ok great.

kek.

When I first started I thought the idea of paper wallets and all that stuff was stupid and people should just use an exchange to make a quick buck. Now I get it and I think it's really cool.

I'm starting to love the tech behind it instead of just a cheap investment like a stock.

1) don't write anything on drive if you somehow damaged partition table
2) don't open drive itself (only usb cage)
3) don't put it in fridge or shake it or something ghetto way..... you will make it 100000% time worse.

data repair shops (they don't fix drive itself) they only try to get data from broken drive to new one. will charge you lots of money if its really broken. but if you have shitton of money on wallet you can ask them to get your data.

What is a good Ethereum wallet? Bittrex is making me worry with their ETH wallet outage and spelling mistakes

Hopefully just the OS sector fucked up
Best bet is get usb, put linux on it, boot from usb, and recover wallet.dat file

Also, get a NAS if you niggas own coins

Hoodie