How can a civilization both discriminate against women and elect a woman as their leader?

How can a civilization both discriminate against women and elect a woman as their leader?

People would rather have a woman as a leader than have someone from outside the royal family be leader.

How can a civilization both kill men and elect a man as their leader?

really steams my noodle.

They didn't discriminate against women.

Women may be of equal intelligence but they are physically weaker, burdened by childbirth and have less interest in "nerdy" work or "macho" things like warfare. If you had limited resources and were going to invest in someone's education you'd invest it in a boy, unless of course you were very rich.

There is a genuine explanation as to how this could occur but ultimately I don't want to enable people who bitch about discrimination like it's a bad thing.

>Women may be of equal intelligence but they are physically weaker

Nah, they are inferior in both aspects

>Women may be of equal intelligence

Now now, let's not be needlessly misogynistic. There may not be many female geniuses but they exist.

Yeah, you are right. They are of superior intelligence but still.

Lets be truly fair and look at the stats. From what I recall they are less likely to be stupid, that is to say the common woman is most likely smarter than the common man.
Thing is while their standard deviation is smaller, their average is slightly lower as well. These two factors combine to lower their upper limits of intelligence. While there's more varaition and chance for genuine retards in men there's also the highest chances of upper level due to how broad their range is and given the edge by their average being just over female

women for their supposed equal intelligence sure are good at utilizing it to climb into positions of power and wealth.

Is it just me or does it seem like the East was more likely to produce female rulers?

Not every cultures women are the same at all.

Same way people accepted a man as leader: Female ruler claimed that she was descended from god, or had a Mandate of Heaven saying she could rule. Peasants accepted this because they don't wanna fuck with God.

This a trend exhibited by the entire species. Culture doesn't play much of a part

Which East?

>Women may be of equal intelligence

How do Asian societies even manage to discriminate against females when all a woman has to do to pass for male is get a haircut?

its hard to compete when the culture you are in is slanted against you from your very birth.

In the case of China, it was one woman in 3000 years of history, and she wasn't "elected", user.

The "patriarchy"