Why do houses appreciate, but cars depreciate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockbusting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Land, they don't make more of it.

This is a crypto board.

Fuck off grandpa.

Cars break down overtime. Meanwhile a plot of land will be worth more as the population grows; unless a bunch of blacks move into the neighborhood.

>cars depreciate
Learn to spot a future classic, and HODL for 40 years.

>not first-gen
Fucking normies ruining everything

that's what gentrification is for

(((they))) flood an area with undesirables in order to drive prices down to the gutter, then when it's cheap, they scoop it up and revitalize the area in order to profit handsomely

old cars can appreciate, sometimes wildly

modern cars have the same investment profile as giant cellphones that require gas and insurance to operate, terrible money sink

Back to with your shitbox

Depending on the house, it could last hundreds of years with proper maintenance. Condition of the house IS factored into a property's appraised value, but most homeowners tend to take care of their shit. Since land is a scarce resource, and currency is inflationary, house prices trend upward over time and fluctuate in the short-term due to the market demand of the location its in.

Cars are a mass-produced product that wears down relatively quickly. Nobody expects vacuum cleaners to appreciate over time, so why would they expect cars to?

I wonder if it'd be feasible to pay like, 1,000 blacks to start hanging out in a nice neighborhood for a month just to get a better deal on a house there. Guess it wouldn't be worth it if they decided they didn't want to leave.

it's because land is immovable and cars aren't.

immovable assets naturally gain value because they are explicitly finite and individually unique

manufactured goods are the opposite. they are mass made (so no one is exactly unique in the same sense)

t. real estate agent

Because they make brand new cars every year. Your 2012 fiesta is obsolete to the 2013 fiesta.
Houses on the other hand take a large investment or time money and manpower.
Houses also depreciate when there is structural damage or if the house is in disrepair.

I think they flood areas with undesirables just to have somewhere to put them. Then later, someone smells money and does the gentrification thing.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockbusting

That's called blockbusting. It's a real thing.

>"After the turn of the millennium, claims were made that a similar but inverse practice was occurring in New York State and New Jersey on behalf of orthodox Jews, who were pressuring non-Jews into selling based on the fear they will be outnumbered by Jews, and subsequently resold at a much higher price to Jews."

the jew out-jewing the jew?

Old cars depreciate for the first 20 years. Then after 20 years anything that is clean and not total rundown shit will appreciate.

For example I bought a 97 Grand Prix GTP 7 years ago for $700 and it was relatively clean. Now on CL they go for 3-4K for shitboxes. I would have made more in crypto but no shitcoins will take me to where I need to go.

any dumb nigger can slap some boards of wood together

cars are machines that have to be precisely made, and they wear out/down over time

besides cars don't cost nearly as much as a house (lambos excluded). and houses are overfuckedpriced anyways

well you cant depreciate land. Accounting 101

>bought 87 325is for 1600
>sold for 5.5k

then

>bought e39 m5 for 18k
>sold for (will never sell this bitch but hoooo its gonna be worth a lot in about 10 years)

its the same as anything else. buy low, sell high.

This would considered property, in property, plant, and equipment. So it would be depreciable. Houses are just usually revalued and the gain/loss is recorded in income.

I work as a customer service manager for a large company and on occasion have to personally field a call. Recently got one to some retired nutjob, that was clearly on too many medications, however presented us an actual business problem but her solution was to 'sell us her land so we can build more distribution facilities' It was that moment when I realized a lot of rich kids I knew growing up were rich because their grand or great grand parents bought some stupid parcel of land and sat on it and this fucking dimwit old lady im talking to probably owns an entire portfolio of this shit and more retards are going to sustain without lifting a finger because their lucky grandma owns a bunch of land near the interstates.

the market is still racist.
its to prevent blacks from attaining wealth.

this is why racism will be a weakness.

Sounds like you don't need to go to the moon fella.

There are only going to be so many houses in a given area vs population rise. California property is overvalued when you compare it to materials needed for a given house, but if you compare it to population rise, and economic factors for a given area, you'll see the price will only rise.

>A house is one of the best investments you can make.

DGB is your second.

Does OP want to finish his thought?

>be a nigger
>buy things you cant afford
>resort to crime
>neighborhood becomes ghetto
>blame whitey

Lol look at that face. It looks so cute and happy.

It's all about supply

Cars that they only make 100 of or any small amount, yes, will prob appreciate

Land is limited too, so as pop. Grows so does land value

Look at Porsche 918 spyder. They only made a few and retailed for 800k euro. Now they worth easy 1.5m in the market cause ppl want em, they only made afew

This is literally what happens, /pol/ memes aside.

As population grows, demand for housing grows, thus housing prices rise.

Also the government lets you deduct mortgage interest from your income taxes, which gives housing an unfair edge, which increases demand for houses as an investment.

>future classic
just sold a 99 miata for $4k that I paid $3k for. MSRP when new? $21k.

>appreciation