Carl Sagan Explains Entropy

Back in the 80s me and my terminally ill son wrote a letter to Carl Sagan asking how long humans will live. We expected a simple letter but unbelievably enough he recorded a casette tape and sent it to us in the mail, I've been listening to it for a long time but I was afraid the quality would get worse over time so I decided to digitize it.

So please enjoy this never before heard audio of Mr. Sagan.

picosong.com/GS6c/

Neato

bump

was the music overlay necessary?

Music is too loud

You should upload this to YouTube and make some money.

My condolences by the way.

Carl thought so.

good shit

Beautiful. Thank you, kind sir.

My condolences, as well.

This. I actually met and had the chance to talk to Sagan once, he was one of the most thoughtful and kindliest people I'd ever met, almost the opposite of someone like Dawkins, or Hitchens, or Tyson. Those people are up on themselves because of their pseudo-celebrity status

Very cool, thank you OP.

>computer simulation meme
Daily reminder human civilization knew this reality wasn't the full or "true" reality through prayer and meditation since our beginning and sciencetist retards would know this if they studied metaphysics

>this if they studied metaphysics

Le Metaphics meme has about as much purpose as Star-trek knowledge. You might entertain some nerds with it, but that's it.

It's bullshit.

He mentions Jeanne Calment dying at 122... in 1997.

But people were saying this is a fake reality for thousands of years. We don't need some fucking science-tist to tell us what we already know. Why are they acting like it's some new revelation?

this. Also cassettes don't sound like that.

You're the one who mentioned it, no one here was lauding over him for saying it. that was only one thing he said and it was just a passing note of the possibility. I don't know why you contrarian shits can't appreciate humanities AND STEM

This. I also thought 'wait, what?'

That's not what many of the top-tier physicists of the past like Einstein and Pauli thought. It is also not what a good deal of them think today.

>science-tist

They were the nerds entertaining themselves with it.

Of course. All academics are nerds of a sort, and we all find intellectual fare entertaining.

Sorry for your loss OP. How did you cope with such a trauma?