Crash Course: Mythology

Crash Course has a new Mythology series. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HeX6CX5LEj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok realtalk why are these bottom barrel youtubes constantly posted here

you people need to practice a bit more self-respect

That dude well peaked

youtube.com/watch?v=HeX6CX5LEj0
It's good.

john green pls go

When the first post is the best post.

[spoiler]no[/spoiler]
Srsly though, if you've got a problem with the video in question then say something about it.

here is the entire series for you
>extremely basic run down on some ancient culture's myth
>skip over major themes, motifs, historical context
>skip over the cultural significance of the mythos, who/what it influenced
>judge the myth based on modern values instead of examining it within it's time period and within the scope of the culture(s) that the mythology extends from
>release that one episode in which they explore the myth of christianity, claim question the line between religion and mythology without really asking or answering anything, and then pat themselves on the back on their social media pages for putting up such a brave video in Trump's America
did i miss anything?

its flashy faggy clickbait for teenagers and tourists

That's a really shallow complaint.

>extremely basic run down on some ancient culture's myth
Sounds like you have a problem with the very concept of crash courses, not the series itself.

>bringing Trump up out of fucking nowhwere
Are you alright, user?

>That's a really shallow complaint.
it's Veeky Forums, i'm not going to write some long critique.
You should be honored and delighted that I bothered replying to you in the first place with such a straightforward statement.

can the mods delete this thread you've basically admitted to advertising for john green at this point

>You should be honored and delighted by my shitpost.
No I shouldn't, and you are delusional if you really believe that.

>I don't like it when people reply to my posts and don't abject agree with me
>That user doesn't agree with me, why the fuck aren't the mods deleting this thread because that user disagreed with me?

Ok, think if you posted some question, and then the thread dies an hour later because everyone ignored it.

Versus I come along, reply to your question, and do you the favor if paying attention to you and prolonging your topic. Now you are thrilled because someone showed the slightest interest in your thing you care about.

>shows an image and Adam and Eve
>"Please don't misunderstand, Christians, w-we don't want to say that your myths are myths. T-The Earth was totally created in 6 days."
What did he mean by this?

Making these as the video goes on

All I could make out of the video. I'm not particularly creative

You tried/ That's more than most of Veeky Forums would do. What little content we do create is just the same old HRE shit.

>tfw it'll never be Byzantium shit

is this real do people think like this

its fucking Veeky Forums who cares

>john green
I'm still mad he insulted Aristotle in one of his videos.

oh god this guy is so fucking smug and insufferable

the mark of the Beast

Aristotle was wrong about physics. He was wrong about chemistry. He was wrong about biology. This proto-Freud was wrong about psychology. He was wrong about basic human rights. He was grievously wrong about astronomy, much to Galileo’s future sorrow.

You know, almost any time someone on youtube tries to educate people, I can count on Veeky Forums to get edgy and pissed at them without having any reason why other than vaguely petty personality grievances.

Oh, and "They didn't confirm my bias about my obviously superior civilization, fucking cucks, REEEEEEEEEE"

>smug
You apparently don't know what the word means, unless you qualify as literally anyone who's job is to teach you is smug by definition, in which case you are an idiot

Aristotle's errors with physical science can be forgiven, not like they had great measuring instruments in ancient Athens.

His claim about women having fewer teeth was baffling, though, just count them it's not that hard.

I've never managed to make it 15 seconds into his most popular video. His voice is just fucking terrible.

I know TVTropes is fucking abhorrent, but their history articles are actually surprisingly reliable and detailed.

Corralling a wide variety of autists obsessed with the details of stories is guaranteed to give you some decent history. desu some of their articles on technical subjects are good primers.

You ever checked out their Russo-Japanese War article? They explain that Japan won not because Russia was shit, but because of Russian inter-service rivalry and Japanese fanaticism creating nothing but phyrric victories for Japan.

Aristotle was wrong about pretty much everything, but what's important is that he challenged the ideas of the time and got people really thinking about life and the world around them, which is what history really remembers him for.

what did he say specifically

>wrong about basic human rights.

>""""""""""basic"""""""""""" human """"""""""""""""rights"""""""""""""""" are objective