Do you guys think plundering Gaul was fun?

Do you guys think plundering Gaul was fun?

How can widespread rape, enslavement, and stealing anything that isn't bolted down as booty NOT be fun?

You're a virtue signalling liar if you claim otherwise.

1.1 million dead Gauls sounds great to me

*gets naked*

It's a shame Caesar didn't kill them Gaul.

Imagine forcing a Gaul warrior to watch the rape of his mother, his wife, and his daughters and then afterwards, selling him to slavery while you keep he females of his family.

I have to admit, my dick got hard.

Yes.

*browses reddit*
haha things i dont like are spooks im a hedonist like le smarty romans except im also rational

> Do you guys think plundering Gaul was fun?

No, conquest and war are horrible,

but ending constant tribal conflict and ushering in 400 years of perpetual peace was pretty neat.

Also, you know, infrastructure, writing and all that.

>conquest and war are horrible

War is the killer app of intelligence and almost everyone cooperates with the chaotic pace.

Perpetual Peace is Norton Antivirus. It might stop some script kids but it uses up resources on your computer to the point where the Antivirus qualifies as a piece of malware.

Only a system resilient to threats survives the chaos which hits Perpetual Peace. And that, leads to Perpetual Peace abolishing itself into Perpetual armament and perpetual preperations for the unknowns of war.

One exception though.

The ability to move to a "frontier" of space that hasn't been colonized by rentiers. The current rentiers have carte blanche to be assholes and the people who move to the frontier get the ability to establish rentier positions before anyone else does.

A new space to settle would be the opportunity for humans to carve their way out Leviathan's belly.

Why are you so mad over a shitpost?

Take a long time to learn some lessons sometimes. When the times are good you let them roll, like Rome was so far ahead for its time/glory days that it comes as no surprise that it never considered a global genetic orientation or the repercussions of its actions and the ensueuling board game moves that followed. It is what it is and it all makes perfect sense from what could be sustained from a political economic and technological frame of reference for the era. Honestly if it wasn't for the five kings from Augustus to Nero no one would spit shit on a fire for the rest of roman lineage

>reddit spacing
Have you learned nothing?
Must I BEAT some sense into you?

At first, yeah it was great, but maintaining our new borders has becomes more of a pain the ass.
And I heard that emperor wants to conquer some Celts soon, if their woman are hot, I might join, otherwise I just might retire from the military.

>Hating on properly spacing your paragraphs.

Some of us graduated.

Yeah from reddit.

yeah someone should kill all the intellectuals

the intellectuals are the new bourgeoisie
mass killing when

We cucked Europe's lesser men as a llitlle pay back.

I wish I had been born a legionary in Caesar's campaign on Gaul. A never ending supply of nubile teenagers to rape. Every week a new village or town and fresh young pussy to ravish and introduce to Roman venereal diseases.

>ywn jump off the boat in a foreign land with your shield wall bros
>ywn burn a town down and take all their shit
>ywn rape every fine peasant girl you see