/Ark/ - Ark Fellowship

Welcome to the first-ever Ark Fellowship! Think of it as a general thread.

Veeky Forums recently raised $700,000 USD (!) in under 6 days to fund an Ark staking pool, using Ark's innovative delegate proof-of-stake system. We currently have over a million Ark in our pool, though about half of them are whales.

>What is Ark?

ARK provides users, developers, and startups with innovative blockchain technologies. Accessible via push button clone-able blockchains, and our SmartBridge technology. ARK aims to create an entire ecosystem of linked chains and a virtual spiderweb of endless use-cases that make ARK highly flexible, adaptable, and scalable. ARK is a secure platform designed for mass adoption and will deliver the services that consumers want and developers need.

>The Team

The head of development: Francois-Xavier Thoorens.

fr.linkedin.com/in/thoorens

French former rocket scientist who has worked with launching satellites for the EU, was a core developer at Lisk, speaks 4 languages, has been a part of previous startup ventures and has decades of programming knowledge and experience.

He's also a good composer from what I've researched: soundcloud.com/fran-ois-xavier-thoorens

In short, the dude's a genius.

>News
Recently partnered with Coss.io, a new exchange focusing on Asian markets

Big dip happening due to whale manipulation and the ETH pump currently, great time to buy in

New announcements coming this week

Links:

Delegate/staking list: explorer.ark.io/delegateMonitor
Explorer: explorer.ark.io
Slack: arkecosystem.slack.com
Subreddit: reddit.com/r/ArkEcosystem/ (there's an Ark lottery happening here)
Where to buy Ark: bittrex.com
Request Ark to be added on Poloniex: poloniex.com/coinRequest

Other urls found in this thread:

es.scribd.com/document/329218538/ARK-Whitepaper#fullscreen&from_embed
twitter.com/ArkEcosystem
cryptoping.tech/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

An infographic illustrating Ark SmartBridge tech.

>tfw holding 10,000 Ark for the long run

Feels so comfy man.

Ark bros get in here

Wow biz is already rank 12

impressive

Ideally, we don't want to have that much Ark in the pool, because that means smaller stake earnings for the non-whales. But at least we won't ever be dropping out of the top 51 spots.

>tfw 8k ark

So when will ARK rise in price?

Yeah i think the biz delegate is trying to figure out a way to limit the payout for whales who join late to the party so the early voters dont get screwd.

>predict the future for me

I don't know man, Stratis was sub-$.50 for quite a long time. ETH was sub-$1 for over a year. Ark is a brand new coin, they launched in March

Just be patient unless you're looking for a quick pump, which in that case you should buy bitbean or go to Yobit

I have a couple of hundred Arks, now if I vote for biz delegate, how does that work? Do I get anything out of it

You can vote for any delegate you want on the list, but biz has 100% payout for the first 50 days, then it drops to 90%.

You basically become part of a staking pool, earning Ark that is minted from a master node. 422 in total is minted per day, then split amongst the pool.

The formula to determine how much you get per day is

422*(your ark in desktop wallet/total ark in pool)

You get a percentage of Ark depending on the number of Ark you are holding

Cant say how much you will get for a couple hundred Ark but if you plan to long hodl anyway it cant hurt to vote

Thanks, do I need to have my wallet open and running after I vote or can I go offline?

Just trying to make sure how to do this properly. So I buy Ark on an exchange, send Ark to Ark client wallet, then vote for biz delegate? Then you get Ark rewarded every week based on the formula?

You can go offline its fine

I think the payments were set to daily, im not too sure, but everything else is correct.

Does/ will the ARK token have any intrinsic value as part of this network, or is it purely speculative?

I think it's weekly, daily would cost too much in transaction fees. I'd be fine with monthly too because of that reason

Ah, OK. IIRC from another thread rewards were given out every week. Daily rewards would seem kind of inefficient, I would think. Thanks, user.

Makes sense, good to know.
Was on vacation for a couple of days so haven't been keeping up with the news.

442 ark awarded to stakers daily, so however many voters we have/10 is subtracted from the total payout were it done daily. Now, as a little fish, I'll tell you the 0.1 ark tx fee would completely wipe out my payouts, were I to pay the entire thing myself every time. I think I'll get 0.5 ark per week, last time I did the math, and the tx fee would knock that down to 0.4, but whatever.

I may have found a way to make our pool less attractive to whales: subtract the total transaction fees from the total awarded before dividing it up - make the whales pay for most of it. Just a thought.

Ok so ARK is good for lth and i would be missing out not to have it.

What are other coins ARKers thinks have the same potential?

Check out addendum 1 and 1.1 on the ark whitepaper to find out more

es.scribd.com/document/329218538/ARK-Whitepaper#fullscreen&from_embed

I am gonna have a good time with my 5600 ark

>tfw poorfag with only 40 ARK

Should i put more money into this? done a fair amount of research and despite their early stages they look very promising

Yes get at least 1k

why should i put the months equivalent of wagecucking into a coin because you say so?

TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON TAKE OUT A LOAN NOOOOW!! TRUST ME GOY THE CHOSEN WOULD NEVER LIE

Should I buy 10.000 ark?

No reward without risk.

This is unironically how I'm feeling right now with 3.5k ark. I have full faith the price will more than recover, I don't think I've ever been this confident in a bag I'm holding.

Is it possible to have my ark in a paper wallet and still participate? I don't really trust the desktop wallets

This is unfair to Veeky Forums whales who got us into the top 51 to start with. The best way that has been discussed which would be fair to everyone on here but difficult to implement is to institute a minimum ark payout and a rolling balance so that you would only get paid when your balance has gone over 1 ark(or whatever smaller holders would prefer) so tx fees aren't as bad on you.

I'm currently in ETH, STRAT, ARK, and UBQ. Also in some others like ANT but they're much smaller positions, been thinking of increasing the amount of ANT I hold though.

You don't have a wallet.dat file in Ark. That's the beauty of it. Write down your passphrase and that is essentially your paper wallet.

with 40 and without a rolling balance you're looking at almost no staking gains due to the transfer fee. If this isn't fixed and isn't actively in development within a week or so I'm going to send out the cost to cover the original voting fee to most of the sub 100 ARK(while excluding the ones who only ever had the ark to vote, they were told over and over again they'd get nothing). Most of us were under the impression that arky already did something like a rolling balance so I was giving out wrong information to people and I feel bad about this.

Pump incoming

walls look alright rn

Bots are messing with the walls over and over again, all this means is that its before the pump part of the bot cycle. So probably a nice place to buy in if you are going to turn and sell it again for 3-5% within the hour but not necessarily the optimal place to buyin to hold. Will probably dip below 30k again later.

Where do you get that info user?

twitter.com/ArkEcosystem

wait nevermind, just saw the hashtag and assumed it was twitter, not sure where he got that.

its this here: cryptoping.tech/
free for a while longer

It's happening lads

Yeah this, it's free for a little while longer but doing some research apparently there exists free bots already doing the same thing. So I need to find those ones instead.

anyone else having trouble deciding how to spread their limited wealth among the coins they have faith in?

I think you should be holding:
BTC
ETH
ARK
GNT
ANT

and also kinda like Stratis, WAVES, Wings but of those I've mentioned I'm holding only ETH and ARK, with the majority of my holdings in ETH (of which I own 5.1, and own 1,020 ARK).

on the one hand, I don't think it'd be wise to let go of my ETH given its performance thus far (I wanted to go all in when it was $80 ea but didn't have much money, only got what I could afford), but on the other hand I feel like I'm too late to ETH to make it big, and recognize the potential of trading it for substantially more ARK/GNT/ANT at this point in time but it's a big risk :/

what do ARK brethren?

Its my own personal belief that its not too late from ETH, the flippening is beginning to look inevitable. Consider all the price projections for BTC putting it over $50k a coin or more when looking ten years down the line, now consider what happens to the price of ETH if it is the dominant crypto instead.

>845.8 ark
What am i missing?
Is some type of bug in the calculation?

that's total amount of ark forged by the node all time, not ark voting on the node.

Received my payout. Thx biz

what's the minimum to gain profit? i have 80 and voted like 20th and still not received nothing!

I fucking missed the $0.7 dip because I did not have my fiat ready. Kill me now.

Bought and voted before we broke 51.

still not seeing a payout. What's going on?

Min amount for early payout was around 300 ark

You weren't in the pool long enough to get the first that happened, you should receive a small payout during weekly payouts.

how many arks?

I have less than that and recieved a payout, granted it was a pretty small sum

i was in on after 10 minutes when we were like 400

It also takes into account how early you voted or some shit

meh I have around 200 ARK, will I ever get a payout or the fee will fuck my shit up ?

My bad, I misread your post, read it as you voted 20 hours ago. In that case its just because you had too few arks, you'll receive a small weekly payout though.

Also
if it helps you feel any better.

Weekly payout yea

You'll probably get about .5 Ark a week, after the fee (it's a weekly payout)

Reminder that Francois left Lisk because he disagreed with their direction. Francois has credentials where the Lisk team does not. Do not buy into Lisk

Is this the Gentoo of Veeky Forums?

163.23 not a lot but I should still see something

weekly yes, from a daily one no.

Thanks, planning to buy more in a few days

thank you user for the answer, today i want to buy arks to gain a decent amount out of biz pool, how much should i buy? i got 80 now

Yes. If anyone believed in Eth back when it was $1, then they have no reason not to believe in Ark because Ark has a more trustworthy team behind it.

Want to buy in so badly, live in europe and waiting for fucking kraken verification (coinbase can suck my dick) which is taking years so I can't buy any BTC/ETH with €

Its your money but here is a spreadsheet calculator. docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0

It doesn't work too well for smaller amounts though. At 80 you'd be looking at around .13 with our pool size.

Litebit.eu, eurobro

will look into it, cheers

End of the year predictions? Reckon we can hit 5$?

With all the new money that's going to be pouring into crypto with normies looking for the next ETH?

You better believe it

I think $3 is a conservative estimate and that there is a solid chance we can hit $5, unless the entire crypto bubble pops like back in 2014.

Kek

1 Ark goes to whoever makes me a dope Ark wallpaper

lel

I'm a huge fan and am actually this guy :)

So donations welcome ;D

AY2ZQYsbLQfTCQGMfNFrRAUNaCcyPBkHXH

I voted for Veeky Forums delegate de 2nd day that was being shilled, and I haven't received anything yet...

So I turned 18 yesterday, and had zero assets in crypto and $1800 to my name, mainly grad money.

Should I put it on this or ETH?

>tfw only 1.9k ark
I couldn't buy more on that big dip
fuck me

>tfw I would if I could
Anyone know any easy way to get a loan with no credit history bros? I fully understand the risks, don't need that lecture

If it was me I would put half your portfolio should be ETH, rest can be put into things like ARK, WAVES, STRATIS,

How do you guys buy ark? with real money or trade with other currencies?

i set my sell orders for 4100 sat

am i gay?

put 1/5 in ark 3/5 in eth and hodl and 1/5 in btc that you play with daytrading

I don't care how promising you think a coin is, NEVER take out a loan for it.

60% Ark 40% ETH imo. Or diversify it more if you want less risk.

How much is in your desktop wallet?

You buy Bitcoin (or ETH) with fiat and then buy Ark with it. I have faith in the project, but go with a less risky coin to start since you're a newfriend.

>I don't care how promising you think a coin is, NEVER take out a loan for it.
meh, I did it with ETH and it paid it off(maxed out my credit card) but I'd never been more sure of anything in my life when I did that.

Would not do that at this price level though, I do think it'll grow but it no longer feels like the 100% safe bet guarantee that it did when I bought in.

Eth is less risk but you missed the boat on it's best gains. It will still go up, just not 2000% in a year again. Ark is riskier but you'd gain more. You'll need patience and hands of steel though.

I said I don't want that lecture. Ive already decided I want to do it, the question is how can I qualify if I have no credit history and I'm a poorfag. Maybe with a good consigner, idk.

I'll split the difference and put 40% in ETH when the price drops again, got notifications set. Then the rest I'll put on ARK and BTC at similar drops. I've got nothing to do today(off work) so let's get this shit started

I just want to put 100 Euro in it for now. I read about Ark and I'm experienced with stock trading so I should be fine, but thank you.

Where do you buy ARK I'm just on poloniex ? Wanna put 5 ETH in it!

newb here
what is the best and most user friendly wallte and trading market?
friend suggested to me using mycelium wallet and poloniex market
are there better solutions?

putins getting his dirty hands all over it tho which could be terrible news for eth, the yanks wont have that