So I've come to learn over the years that the notion that Nazi policies fixed the German economy is mostly a...

So I've come to learn over the years that the notion that Nazi policies fixed the German economy is mostly a misconception. Could anyone give a quick rundown of how exactly Nazi prewar economics worked (i.e. its successes and failures) or recommend me a book that covers the subject? I'm not looking for some historian's magnum opus so it doesn't need to go too in depth and I don't really care if its a bit of a dry read, just as long as someone who's not an economist can understand it.

It was a Keynesian model

Hjalmar Schacht implementing labor vouchers and Keynesian policies

So the government subsidized employment in the private sector?

Nazis didn't really have an economic platform other than borrow money to pay for weapons. Nazi party's main focus was rearmament, not economics.

Low IQ post really

saved this a while back, appears to be a testimony

It's a summary of an assertion made by Adam Tooze but hey, what the fuck does he know compared to some jerkoff on the internet?

>some jerkoff on the internet
AKA you? You're probably an American too so really not worth engaging in a debate.

>my unsourced nostalgic reminisces of my childhood in Nazi Germany trumps macro-level economic data and facts.

yes their focus was on rearmament.
that's why they couldn't match any other nation in terms of armored vehicles.
2k to france/englands 5k each. 4k to SU's almost 40k.
I hate the rearmament meme. Yea they re-armed but it wasn't like they went from 0 to insanity. Germany's industry wasn't even mobilized until the end of the war. They were still making cars and shit for people when they should of been making tanks.

>unsourced
do I need to zoom in for you shlomo

>Hans Schmidt (24 April 1927 – 30 May 2010) was a German-born naturalized American citizen, member of the Waffen-SS during World War II, and founder of the German-American National Political Action Committee (GANPAC).

Do I need to say more, Shlomo?

>ywn shovel stuff with your führer

They took out huge loans, mostly from Americans, utilised slave labor en-masse to complete infrastructure cheaply, and actively reduced wages and conditions for free German factory workers, to squeeze every shekel out of their own people. Their intention was to loot weaker countries to pay for this, but luckily they got BTFO instead.

You seem far more clueless than him.

Obviously it gets more complicated but print money and spend it on remilitarisation was the bottom line.

Ultimately Nazi economics depended on them being an expansionist state and we all know how that worked out.

>AKA you?
No, you. AKA you.

Pipe down cuck.

>They were still making cars and shit for people when they should of been making tanks.
Sorry is that way.

yeah, so he was in the heat of it. can't get a better perspective desu.

wages of destruction
the third reich in power
either of these are good, though the first zeroes in on the nazi economy

>Teenage electrician is best source on the life in third reich

OP here, thanks user

>They took out huge loans, mostly from Americans
proofs? As far as I know, the Nazi government didn't/couldn't take out foreign loans

>utilised slave labor en-masse to complete infrastructure cheaply

I doubt that forced labor was relevant for the pre-war economy, the concentration camp population in 1938 was less than 60,000 (4,000 in 1934).

Their so-called """""economic miracle"""""" was called not paying back debts.