>no bars in New York accept bitcoin
>has to use 3rd parties and buying gift cards to survive
>no travel services use bitcoin
>loses 40% of her bitcoins to 3rd party fees
Bitcoin is doomed.

Other urls found in this thread:

video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000626951
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bitcoin won't be widely accepted for another decade.

Bitcoin is retarded for daily needs use, but once they fix the transaction times then it will be ok

you wish.

it's already widely accepting across asia. there are mom and pop investors in japan.

You are not early.

>no travel services

Expedia accepts Bitcoin.

And if anything, all this shows is how early we are in adopting this technology.

Using blockchain now is like the equivalent of using email instead of fax machines back in 1996. People would have thought you were some weird, crazy nerd- now email is an industry standard.

Meme coinz will fail

Also this.

The fire is rising.

You can get a bitcoin credit card, the reporter was a retard or intentially FUDing

Reminds me of when the guy from Tested bought a Bitcoin for $600 (or $600 worth of BTC maybe?)

He was super nervous because it didn't reach his wallet after some hours, and then a week later it was worth like $500 instead of $600 and he traded it back
lol

>spending bitcoin
Only idiots would do that.
See, the problem is that no one would actually want to spend their btc for daily spending nowadays.
Unlike many years ago when some guy casually throw 100 btc to buy a box of pizza.
So the problem lies not within the stores or service providers, it's the consumers.

>100 btc to buy a box of pizza.
it was 10,000 BTC
for 2 pizzas

wow retarded normie who is a (((journalist))) can't into BTC, what a surprise. Goy, BTC is useless! Wait until the smart money moves into crypto before you start looking!

Link the article, but I'm sure the retard that wrote it barely understand how the system works, otherwise she wouldn't have lost 40%

Did that man ever say something about it after it mooned?

My mistake, but well you get the point.

Imo every store in the world would gladly accept bitcoin if people are willingly spend their bitcoin.

I don't watch every episode, so I don't know, but not in any episode I've seen

yeah I know, and I agree, just making a small correction

It was a live interview on cnbc around the time of the post. They haven't posted the article yet. At least from my quick searches have looked around for.

>Only an idiot would spend a Bitcoin
What?
Isn't that the point of a currency? To spend it?

It can't be a real currency until the price is more stable

it's going to the moon, why spend it?
It's time to hoard it

you just HODL until you die user

This is why its value will only go up and still has 10x potential. It's not even being adopted yet. Waiting till after the fork to go heavy though- there might be competitors who overtake it.

You could probably get by on bitcoin more comfortably in San Fran/San Jose

Why would you want to use something daily that has fees. Stupid. I'll stick to my USD.

True. Losing 15% of everything monetary just because of lulz/market correction/whatever would not let anybody sleep ever again.

which means it needs to be adopted widely first

Bitcoin is like gold. People don't buy groceries with gold nuggets, do they?

and it is
it's accepted in a ton of places already. And where it's not accepted, you can just use a bitcoin credit card

You're on the VISA/creditcard backbone.
That shit costs tons of money. That's not mass adoption, that just ease of spending. If Bitcoin becomes mainstream we'll have bitcoin cards, you'll see another square next to visa and mastercard and it will say 'bitcoin accepted here'.
They fees they won't have to pay would be a ridiculous improvement. As for those thinking it's too slow, credit cards are far far slower as actual wealth goes.

those are just confirmation times. nobody's gonna expect you to wait for 6 confirmations for small purchases. even if it only took 1 minute.

they finally posted the video for your viewing pleasure

video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000626951

You have 5 years to make Bitcoin better Veeky Forums.

Right! no fees on your dollar, goy.

Fed income tax
State income tax
property tax
cap gains tax
sales tax
gas tax
death tax
inflation

Dollar is best, just rely on dollar, goy.

which reporter? cnbc has so many qts

>Japan
Here in Brexit my nearest Bitcoin ATM is 2 hours away.

Wasn't that article years ago? Like, 2014?
I remember some experiment based in Switzerland or Denmark where the guy could actually survive off of Crypto for months, but that was probably more recent.
Japan would probably be the easiest place to live off of Crypto.

This. Online map shows only 141 ATM's in NY city and the surrounding area. How many fiat ATM's you figure are in the same zone?

there's no reason to use coins with transfer times and no sort of universal wallet when cash, credit, and debit cards work just fine.

Coins will never go mainstream for normies, businesses just see them as a way of making money.