"Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" (Matthew 24:34)

>"Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" (Matthew 24:34)

Are christians autists, or simply unable to red?

Better question: is OP retarded, or simply unable to spell "read"?

They have a number of apologetic explanations for it actually. some reinterpret it as a "spiritual" event that occurred when the Romans destroyed the temple that everyone was unaware of. those that recognize that the scriptures are fallible in some respect will simply claim that this line was pulled out of context and deny that it can ever be understood . By far the best I would say comes from C.S. Lewis who admits that Jesus was wrong but then flips it around to say this shows the faithfulness of the christian writers to keep this failed prophecy in which somehow proves that Jesus really was God

I missed a letter, you guys missed almost two millennia.

What is this thread supposed to be about, frog?

red the OP and you'll find out

As someone who's never read the bible back to back, I would just interpret this meaning Christians in general to be honest. I mean, do Paul and Peter ever fret about this? Even the council of Nicaea didn't really see an issue.

Paul and nearly every early christian in the first 3 centuries believed that the end was very close. If you're familiar with the Jehovah's witnesses or really any cult you'll know that a failed prophecy doesn't kill the religion. when people have already taken something on faith losing it if they ever do is a slow, gradual process and one slap to the face like a failed prophecy won't kill it, especially when a good leader can easily reinterpret the apocalypse to a later date

Sick burn

also let me add that Paul and Peter never do "fret about this". in fact neither one of them ever quotes a gospel account nor do they give much of any personal details about Jesus or sayings of Jesus. Arguably Paul didn't know fucking anything about Jesus and neither did the authors of Peter 1 and 2, who probably wasn't even Peter, disciple of Jesus, considering that the two epistles have different authors, and were written in greek, a language that a Galilean fisherman is unlikely to write in if he even could write

i suppose it all hinges on how we're supposed to interpret "this generation"

If Jesus meant he was going to return within the apostles lifetimes then the world would have already ended. We're still here so he obviously did not mean that. There are a number of problems with the idea that Jesus believed Apocalypse was imminent, the first and foremost being the Great Commission. Whats the point of spreading the Good News to all corners of the Earth when you only have ~20 years to do it before the world is over?

couldn't peter have dictated his letters?

>Are christians autists, or simply unable to red?

Neither. Learn some reading comprehension.

"this generation" refers to the generation that witnesses the beginning of sorrows, the prelude to Armageddon.

It includes your generation. Your generation will not die off until the second coming of Christ.

>If Jesus meant he was going to return within the apostles lifetimes then the world would have already ended. We're still here so he obviously did not mean that.
why are you starting at the assumption that Jesus is God?

You're kidding, right?

Because Jesus is God.

not if he gets a prophecy wrong and is by definition a "failed prophet"

Good thing that never happened.

>Veeky Forums - Eternal Autstic Battles Over The Bible

We both know what's going to happen to that wall.

The greatest history book of all time, telling His Story.

Yup.

Only if you use circular logic to rule out the most logical meaning of the verse

Christian are only able to blue.

Or you know, understand it.

His disciples are asking him about the end times and when he's coming back, and he answers them.

Every Christian is told to lives his life on the expectation that one moment you will take your last breath on earth, and the next moment you will be with Jesus in heaven.

Whether that's by death or rapture, it's the same exact event.

It's a way to live your life according to the Law of Faith, the way Jesus wants us to live our lives, by our response to the nudges from the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.

I took my baby on a Saturday bang
Boy is that girl with you
Yes we're one and the same

Now I believe in miracles
And a miracle has happened tonight

But, if you're thinkin' about my baby
It don't matter if you're black or white

They print my message in the Saturday Sun
I had to tell them I ain't second to none

And I told about equality and it's true
Either you're wrong or you're right

I am tired of this devil
I am tired of this stuff
I am tired of this business
Sew when the going gets rough
I ain't scared of your brother
I ain'ts scared of no sheets
I ain't scared of nobody
Girl when the goin' gets mean

Protection
For gangs, clubs, and nations
Causing grief in human relations
It's a turf war on a global scale
I'd rather hear both sides of the tale
See, it's not about races
Just places
Faces
Where your blood comes from
Is were your space is
I've seen the bright get duller
I'm not going to spend my life being a color

Don't tell me you agree with me
When I saw you kicking dirt in my eye

I said if you're thinkin' of being my baby

I said if you're thinkin' of being my brother

Ooh, ooh
Yea, yea, yea now
Ooh, ooh
Yea, yea, yea now

It's black, it's white
It's tough for them to get by
It's black, it's white, (x3) whoo

you really failed to give any argument. yes, he is indeed talking to his disciples about the end times, and then he says THIS generation shall not pass

They deliberately ignore it, the bible very specifically says that before all disciples die, the kingdom will come in power.

You see, when christianity came about, it was purely gnostic, so the enemies of mankind rapidly assumed that shit was about to hit the fan and quickly forged a false religion where the world was about to end, so people would worship the demiurge, the fun thing is that the world didn't end, so now they are following a failed doomsday cult, thus displaying that they were the false christians.

Yes.

This generation who witnesses these things. Increased frequency and duration and locations of earthquakes. Floods. Famines. Wars. Rumors of Wars. Nation against nation. Kingdom against kingdom.

Coming faster and harder like a woman giving birth.

The generation who experiences these things is "this generation", and it is this generation.

No, it doesn't, nor does gnosticism have anything to do with the truth.

See

The kingdom has come in power and Christ is reigning in Heaven; the mustard seed that was the early church has grown into the single most influential organization on the planet. Has Christ's victory been fully consummated? Obviously not because we're still waiting for His return. But to say that the Kingdom of God has no power on Earth requires more mental gymnastics than even the scribes and Pharisees are capable of.

Yes, it does in Mark 9:1
Now make sure to deliberately misquote the verse while telling some lies to justify it.

>''omg dem dumb christians amirite XD?''
Kys OP, you're an autist.

The kingdom in power is paradise, retard.
Its the promise of the life.

But humor us and do a miracle.

See Acts 2:1-13

Gnosticism is literally defined in the bible as the spirit of Antichrist.

New International Version
What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath--prepared for destruction?

Completely different prophecy.

Mark 9
And He said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power.”

That is John. John saw it, and wrote of it in the Revelation, then died.

Never quote the NIEVIL; you give yourself away.

The kingdom in power is that Christ is the cornerstone of every Christian on Earth and all the marvelous works they have wrought in His name.

New International Version
Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

>my church is so holy the priests rape children so believe my lies

Christian damage control has no limits. Hell, they turned their "messiah" dying like a common criminal into the central idea of their religion.

This seems to come off as sadistic no matter how shitting the translation:
>Ezekiel 20:26
>I defiled them through their gifts--the sacrifice of every firstborn--that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.'

How to be a holy people.
1. Kill the Christ.
2. Change his name and start preaching his alleged religion which you rewrote.
3. Burn and torture those who catch your lies.
4. Rape children.

*shitty

NRSV is a better translation.

HMMMMM THOSE TRIPS

I'm not a Catholic, and likely despise them more than you do.

Yes, the way of the cross is foolishness to the lost, but to us?

It is the power of God to salvation.

If you know it's a shit translation, why use it? For shit?

The Rebellions of Israel

Ezekiel 20

26“Therefore I also gave them up to statutes that were not good, and judgments by which they could not live; and I pronounced them unclean because of their ritual gifts, in that they caused all their firstborn to pass through the fire, that I might make them desolate and that they might know that I am the Lord.”’

This is what happened in God's permissive will; the Hebrews worshiped the evil demon gods of the canaanites. Passing your children through the fire means sacrificing them to Molech.

Goes well with the "spirit of Antichrist".

Are you daft? Or do you just not understand metaphor?

Remember folks, whenever the Bible says something blatantly untrue, or impossibly wicked, or just downright STUPID, "It's a metaphor :^)"

>it's just a metaphor bro

No it isn't. Why would anyone interpret it that way unless they already knew it wasn't literally true, but we're determined to pretend it wasn't simply wrong?

>NAH GUYS, IT´S OUT OF CONTEXT xDD
>LEMEE INTERPRET THAT FOR YOU FEDORA TIP TIP
kek

Yeah, gotta say I'm not seeing the metaphor in that statement. Looks literally true. The generation that sees the beginning of the end will not die off until the end happens.

Now, the meaning of "generation" in that is up for grabs, with no clear answer. Somewhere between 20 years and 120 years, for sure. More specifically than that? Hard to say.

Generation = the kali yuga generation.

>fedoras who grew up in a protacuck nation on suicide watch when it comes to real Christianity.

>Anything Hindu
>True

Pick one.

So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days:

‘The sun will be darkened,

and the moon will not give its light;

the stars will fall from the sky,

and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’b

30At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.c 31And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Paul was part of that generation and expected to be alive when Jesus returned.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

>For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will by no means precede those who have died.[a] 16 For the Lord himself, with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call and with the sound of God’s trumpet, will descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will be with the Lord forever.

>it's a rabbinical ashkenazim babby think's he's related to the ancient Israelites episode
oh boy

dont tell them that christianity is older than rabbinical judaism by 450 years or they might call teh ADL