Great write up about the current state of ETH

Great write up about the current state of ETH.

medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wrong-about-ethereum-804c9a906d36

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mj1PTYukql8&t=2m22s
youtube.com/watch?v=bj_Qpvx-GPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good example of a bot posting a duplicate post with an outdated link.

HODL

Um.. What?

The same guy that claimed he "hacked" ETH last week

Great source

>can't refute or argue any of the points raised in the article
>dismisses outright

The delusion is real

I agree with 90% of this article.

Good read OP. Thanks

Fuck off whalepanda. You're even worse than cryptoyoda but I'm sure you both are working together to pump ETC

The whole article is pretty spot on about ETH and something people should read who are considering buying in now.

>says he hacked ethereum but he didn't
>says Vitalik is getting paid by ICO's to hype them up but it isn't true
>says Vitalik is in dealings with the Russian Mafia but it isn't true (he's lived in Canada since he was 6 years old and is a total nerd)
>says Ethereum is a hyped up & manipulated centralized scam coin and has no technology behind it to compete with Bitcoin
>says every ICO is a scam and every altcoin other than BTC is a scam

He's a great nuisance. Take all he says with a grain of salt.
Those who aren't willing to share their real identity are always trolls just trying to cause chaos and spread rumors and gossip based on unfounded bullshit.

>says Vitalik is in dealings with the Russian Mafia but it isn't true

user...

these anti eth shills lately
makes me hodl even stronger

Russia was a nation of total poverty before he took over. He has done so much to help Russia.

And it's gonna make your tears much more painful when eth crashes

>ICOs are scams and overvalued
Yes
>Ether is not a store of value (author mixes up ethereum and ether)
It's as much of a store of value as bitcoin is.
>Ether is uncapped
False, it's hard capped at slightly over 100m coins
>Ether is less decentralized that bitcoin
False, technologically it's just as decentralized.
>It already kind of is POS
??????
>Ethereum fees are kind of not lower than bitcoin fees
No, they are a lot lower. When they aren't it's because there's an ICO and there are way more transactions than normal. If bitcoin had ICOs that had that many transactions, it would have higher fees than eth still. And higher fees for executing contracts is completely irrelevant to the comparison because contracts are an optional extra feature and bitcoin doesn't even have contracts to compare execution fees.
>Ethereum is not immutable because DAO fork
True, although to many people that's not particularly a negative.

Only valid point is that ICOs are overvalued, which isn't particularly related to ethereum as a technology. There are some real big criticisms of ETH (not in this article), but the majority of people aren't educated enough to understand them.

>It's as much of a store of value as bitcoin is.
Wrong. Bitcoin doesn't have a central banker hard forking everytime a smart contract crashes.

>False, technologically it's just as decentralized.
In practice it isn't faggot.

>No, they are a lot lower. When they aren't it's because there's an ICO and there are way more transactions than normal. If bitcoin had ICOs that had that many transactions, it would have higher fees than eth still. And higher fees for executing contracts is completely irrelevant to the comparison because contracts are an optional extra feature and bitcoin doesn't even have contracts to compare execution fees.

ETH doesn't scale. Casper is a scam. ETH blockchain grows way faster than BTC.

>True, although to many people that's not particularly a negative.

This is exactly WHY its not a fucking store of value.

>technologically it's just as decentralized

lmao.

Imagine these scenarios:
A) People invest in gold bars as a store of value. A thief steals gold bars from someone. The government catches the thief and returns the gold bars to their owner.

B) People invest in gold bars as a store of value. A thief steals gold bars from someone. Nothing can be done.

Which one do people prefer as a store of value, A or B? That's right. There goes your argument. Bitcoin is B btw.

No one cares about immutability when the correct course of action is obvious to the whole community except for some autists for whom the world is black and white and rules always supersede morals. And by the way it's the community that VOTED to do the fork, the idea wasn't even proposed by the ethereum foundation. No one buys the argument that the ethereum foundation will fork to alter wallet funds for their personal gain, or in morally ambiguous scenarios.

>It's as much of a store of value as bitcoin is.

Can you stop lying to people? You're going to make a lot of people lose a lot of money.

Lol that gif sums it up

Remember when the eth shills crawled back into the woodwork after th dao hack? That time is approaching again

The twitter post has nothing to do with the security of Ether as a currency when used for transactions in the same way bitcoin is used. In this case you're the one lying, sorry.

Article has good points, eth is in a bubble.

eth will crash under $100

after researching available informations I'm now 85% sure

But bitcoin is going to hard fork in a couple of months. It too has to update due to shortcomings.

I've switched to MINING Ethereum but I will not buy any at current prices.

Bitterponzi and Wailpanda can fuck off, let em pump and dump monero like usual

>whalepanda
>great write up

If Vitalik owns 77 million coins, then that means that there is really only 15.47 million coins in circulation. That means the market cap is really only about $6.1 billion. If this was spread across every coin (aka Vitalik were to sell off all his coins without crashing the relative market cap somehow) then each coin would only be worth $66.30.

>If Vitalik owns 77 million coins
holy shit. I should buy more eth considering how "immutably" retarded you bitcoin maximists are. you faggots will believe anything.

nice OP
one of the few times you are not a faggot
i agree with most of the article, honestly it amped up my confidence since the moment I jumped in into this I did for profits and knowing this crazy rollercoaster ride won't last.

would be a shame if vitalik and his russian mafia connections put a hit out on this guy. someone would probably be willing for 100 eth

Stay mad butt coin faggots. This post is a truth bomb in a room full of roaches.

I mena, it's not like spotting FUD is hard anyway...

I love this meme

>2011 : no one can trust btc
>2017 : no one can trust eth
>2023 : ????

>thinks Ethereum and Ether are the same thing
>doesn't know who the guy that posted that tweet is

youtube.com/watch?v=mj1PTYukql8&t=2m22s

Holy shit, thanks for posting this. I'M OUT.

Who the fuck is he? What the fuck does he do for a living? Is he a computer engineer of some sort? What the fuck was this tech illiterate exchange? What the fuck do you not understand about the ETHEREUM ENTERPRISE ALLIANCE?

He's one of the main developers of Ethereum and if you actually watched the entire interview and did any research into what you're investing in you would realize how far your head is up your own ass right now.

It's funny that Vlad sold 99% of his ETH and asked to be paid for that interview in BTC. I do find it respectable that he's at least being honest about ETH but at the same time he probably doesn't want to get sued when it inevitably crashes for defrauding investors.

Here's the link to part 1 of the interview. They pretty much go over everything about ETH.

youtube.com/watch?v=bj_Qpvx-GPM

>developer

Hes vitalik's public image data gatherer.

I'll say it again,this is a tech illiterate exchange.

>Look guys, I'm pretending to be retarded

S c a m

C

A

M

Is there anything that says "I used to make fun of bitcoin then eth was released and clever marketers and shills billed it as "Bitcoin 2.0" so I bought it"?

You fucking eth retards deserve to get scammed and lose your money

What in the fuck are you talking about. You could just as easily make off with a gold bar never to be seen again, as you could with bitcoin. Contrary to the misconceptions, Bitcoin transactions are traceable and there is already several instances of law enforcement solving transaction trails. This is WHY there are projects like Monero.

Secondly, it is a lot harder to store gold in your basement, than it it is to store data on a decentralized ledger.

>The only smart contracts running on it are ICO token sales.

This is not true at all though, all the exchanges have smart contracts as their backbone, doing split contracts to automatically perform the commission logic securely.

>lose your money

You mean the tens of thousands of dollars I've already sold?

>Oh look it's another anti ETH thread

Jealous FUDers and pathetic weak hands pls go

>Only valid point is that ICOs are overvalued
mutability is the most valid point desu

i hold etc, eth and btc, but you're full of shit if you think ICO madness is the ONLY valid point

Still waiting on that crash.