>Harold Alexander
>Eisenhower

Meme Tier
>Rommel & Guderian
>Montgomery
>Patton

Manstein.

>masterminded the Manstein Plan that led to the Fall of France
>disagreed with most of the German High Command in doing so and had his plans rejected 14 times before taking them directly to Hitler
>annihilated multiple enemy armies in Barbarossa
>almost singlehandedly stabilized the Eastern Front at Kharkov, where his 1 Corps repelled and mauled three pursuing enemy armies with his famous "backhand blow"

Also, Manstein and Rundstedt were far more realistic than their colleagues. They factored in supply lines, weather and more into their plans.

They really were the most qualified.

Dubs of truth,kek

By country,

>Germany
Either von Manstein or Model. Of course honorable mentions being owed to Rundstedt, Halder, Guderian and of course Himmler.

>Soviet Union
Zhukov, but with him in the running Rokossovky and Vatoutin.

>Great Britain
Brooke? There were some very decent ones in Burma too whose names can't come to mind. Montgomery was a fabrication of the British media though for a British hero to be born.

>France
De Lattre de Tassigny for sweeping through southern France I suppose? And Koenig for beating the Germans in North Africa.

>USA
Hmmm, Patton, though he had a habit of winning only for how brutishely he threw his soldiers into the fighting. Nimitz is probably the Goat choice.

>Japan
Yamashita and Yamamoto. Everyone else was unironically a retard jealous at everyone else.

>China
Chiang Kai-Shek, my husbando.

>Italy

Where's Mcarthur in this?

Meme.

I like Ike

Italo Balbo. His death in the line of service within the first week of the North Africa campaign revealed his courage and the true potential of the Italian army.

Oh forgot him. My apologies gramps.

McArthur is also a bit of a meme. Bold and brash, but not exactly a genius tactician.

Eisenhower and Bradley were far more reserved and well planned.

You cheeky fuck. I remembered of a famous Italian general being downed by his own nerve-wracked men, but I didn't at all know his name until you got me to look it up again.

Manstein. Guderian was a fantastic theorist but not as stellar as a commander and Rommel is literally a complete meme hyped up by the British propaganda machine to make Brits look like they defeated some sort of demigod.

Praise kek!

Mostly correct but Guedrian was just very lucky. He wasn't all that great, he just rode off Manstein's success in the west.

Patton also. I think this comment about him sums him up:

"I had heard of him, but I must confess that his swashbuckling personality exceeded my expectation. I did not form any high opinion of him, nor had I any reason to alter this view at any later date. A dashing, courageous, wild and unbalanced leader, good for operations requiring thrust and push but at a loss in any operation requiring skill and judgment."

>killing your own commander in chief by friendly fire

>Eisenhower
>good tier
wew lad

Dude Rommel was way more of an Axis propaganda thing. Not saying you're wrong but that's hardly the key reason for his repuation

There's 3 reasons

>Rommel had an amzing history in ww1, he was basically Indiana Jones. Hitler saw this and decided to use him to propagate the 'Heroic German' image. The dude killed 4 guys who had surrounded him with bayonets alone.

>The US deliberately praised Rommel to build better relations with West Germany after the war to give them a 'We're all in this together against the soviets' message

>Rommel was not as old as his colleagues and appeared bolder as a result

Is this forgotten Jew the reason why the forces of evil did not prevailed?

>Guedrian was just very lucky.
That does indeed do enough of summating it. But I also included him because he nevertheless vital in winning the battle of France by disobeying orders and rushing to the sea. Also thought it'd be more diverse to have a military theorist in there.

>Patton
Yup, hence the " though he had a habit of winning only for how brutishely he threw his soldiers into the fighting." I put.

I think Timoshenko organised the defence of Moscow though I could be wrong.
Pretty stoic defence though.

Citation needed.

>falsely accused and tortured for years during Stalin's purges
>Get released right before Operation Barbarossa
>Hold open the Smolensk Corridor and allow thousands of soviet troops to escape encirclement by the Wehrmacht
>Create Operation Little Saturn, effectively sealing the fate of the German 6th army
>Plan Operation Bagration and drive the German Army out of your homeland

>Pretty stoic defence though

Wtf was this supposed to mean?

Patton and MacArthurt are literally known more for the amount of shit they talked than for actual military achievements, they remind me of Trump (and I'm saying that as someone who actually likes Trump).

Citation is needed for a question?

You're all forgetting the very reason for which he was bequeathed his own command and the status of Marshal despite having shown himself to sometimes be disastrous at maintaining an idea of the wider picture. That reason was that Rommel wasn't of the Prussian elite. Hitler hated being talked down to by his Prussian generals, and was desperate for a Marshal that he felt he was equals with.
This is why Rommel was invited to visit Hitler that many times, and why the
>muh apolitical Rommel, liek if you cry everytim ;-;
myth doesn't stand. Rommel was more than happy to be Hitler's little pet in the army.

They pulled through and didn't shatter?
What the fuck do you want me to say?

Well,when i not know of who the fuck you're talkin about and you say:

>Is this forgotten Jew the reason why the forces of evil did not prevailed?

Yes,it is.

Rommel was also a legitimately brilliant tactical and operational commander. His whole problem was in getting elevated to Corps-level command, which is where his usual, aggressive, lead-from-the-front methods broke down.

>don't survive to see the end of your war
At least I'm always cheered up by the fact that he died with his men on the battlefield.

It's pretty obvious famalini. The question was how much did Isserson contributed to the Soviet military doctrine.

>based tier
manstein, slim

>good tier
eisenhower, bradley

>meme tier
zhukov, montgomery, mccarthur

>trash tier
rommel, patton

Wat.
He died in 1968.

Oops, was thinking of his protégé.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Chernyakhovsky

>Rommel was also a legitimately brilliant tactical and operational commander.

Tactical I'll give him, but his operations level stuff was pretty dumb more often than not.

>Let's go attack Tobruk!
>How are we going to supply an advance to Tobruk, we unload our supplies in Tripoli, and there are no railroads
>Dunno, lol. Someone else will figure that out.

6 months later

>Holy shit, what am I going to do? I can't sweep these defenses aside, and I don't even have enough supplies to pull back effectively, nevermind advance further.

I would chose the only general in the war who eviscerated both the Japanese and Germans.

Patton has spirit, brains, unfailing tenacity, guts, grit, the whole nine yards

Now if only he had the ability to drive straight

kek

>swagger
>shit talk
>gaudy .45's
>clear-coated shiny helmet
>slapping PTSD faggots

all generals should wish to be so based

>le epic ptsd faggots

I really wanna send autists like you to an actual battlefield.

Yamamoto was legit retarded.

But he has already played World at War!! Stupid Triggerbitches!!

triggered

Alright cool, but which one was the most attractive and handsome general?

Man,i think you are in the wrong place

MacArthur if you're into Bruce Willis doppelgangers.

Tojo

holy shit, can never unsee

Rommel. That jawline, that healthy skin.

>healthy skin
Not sure if serious

This is the only correct answer

Mussolini himself orderer to kill Balbo, as he put D'Annunzio in exile. He was extremely paranoid someone cool would try to take his place

People should recognize the genius of Manstein more than than they blame France.

Everything about the Imperial Japanese military was retarded. Even their most ostensibly clever generals sucked by default.

Look at him, he's the picture of perfect health and exfoliation

>tfw not sure if serious anymore either lol

>the picture of perfect health
You do realize he lived with multiple chronic conditions, right?

Among Soviets Alexander Vasilevsky obviously. He was the head of General Staff. All plans for all strategic operations like Stalingrad and Kursk were devised under his command. Also he was the coordinator for these two key operations. For Stalingrad he was promoted on 2 ranks. Commander of Soviet Army in the operation against Japan. In 1949-1953 Minister of Defense.

old photos tend to cover things up but even then i'd say he looks pretty good
especially compared to the physical subhumans that usually comprised the nazi elite

I'd bet none of them were skin-related!

The fuck did Himmler do? I thought he did pisspoor when given command

>Have millions of cannonfodder
>Have all the resources you could want
>Throw your army at the enemy
>Greatest general

Manstein probably. Guderian, Model, and Rundstedt are also contendors

I like him

Who is to blame for the defeat on the west?

Karl Marx

Himmler was very good playing politics, horribly inept at being a military commander. See his autism when he took up command of Army Group Vistula. The man got assigned a Wehrmacht liason, who was horrified to find Himmler's command post had exactly one fucking map. Before that the top four Waffen-SS men (Dietrich, Eicke, Hausser and Bittrich) all forbade any contact between Himmler and their men beyond ceremonial things.

Read Armageddon: The Battle for Germany, 1944-1945 by Max Hastings for a truly horrifying account of his command autism.

Hitler, frankly, and no that is not blame shifting. It's fact. he allocated everything to the east. He even sat fucking Manstein out of the rest of the war following Kursk.

Rundstedt was pulled off the penalty box ( he screamed at Hitler to make peace after D-Day) and placed in command to scare the Allies, which worked for a while, but Rundstedt was A/ Obsolete by his own opinion by 1940 and B/ Secretly answering to Walter Model, who was a Denfensive oriented General coordinating an offensive (Ardennes 1944)

You first OP

>The dude killed 4 guys who had surrounded him with bayonets alone.
Did he? Story?

America: George Marshall (who should have had Eisenhower's Job) Omar Bradley

Britain and commonwealth: Alexander, Slim and McNaughton

Italy:Giovanni Messe

Germany: Manstein, Kesselring, Manteuffel, Model, Rundstedt and Heinricci

Soviets: Vasilevsky, Rokossovsky, Chuikov

>That time heavily armed Soviet assault troops broke into Hasso von Manteuffel's headquarters to kill him and Manteuffel shot one dead and killed a second with a bayonet.

If your top five aren't all Soviets, you're fucking mentally deficient.

This is correct.

The top 5 soviet generals were killed in the purges. Only sycophants and boys were left.

so hard to send waves of men equipped by america in one direction

wow

>meme history

real cool

>human wave meme

>this guy was a member of the parliament

So?

based

Eisenhower was a politician and a diplomat before a commanding officer and made no tactical decisions and simply weighed different strategic opinions, never designed them. He is out of the running as much as Hitler and Stalin as "generals".
My list as far as these decisions, not contributions to the effort or theory but as part of the activity of war is:
Manstein
Patton (meme general backed by statistics and the difficulty of his 8th Army positions)
Rundstedt
Reichenau
Rommel
Bradley
Rokossovsky
Guderian
Model
Manteuffel
Zhukov
Alexander

I couldn't find the picture I wanted

I think Tobruk was the nearest port to Egypt, so it would make sense to seize it from a supply perspective if you were going to attack Egypt

I was really more talking about the 1941 rush to even get Tobruk in the first place.

Plus, when he did actually seize it in 1942, post Gazala, you didn't actually get that much stuff shipped to it. For starters, the British wrecked the place pretty thoroughly before they lost the city, but also it was just hard for the Italian merchant fleet to get stuff there. Tripoli is right within the air corridor that can be controlled from planes sortieing from Sicily, you can clear away most of the British raiders with that. Shipping to Tobruk, on the other hand, gets you away from that air umbrella and opens you up to all sorts of nasty raids from the British forces in the Med.

But the main point was that Rommel didn't really do operational level stuff. His thought process wasn't

>Ok, here's what I have, what can I realistically do with it?

It was more

>Well, keep fighting and hope for the best and that I can pull something out of my hat when the time comes.

It's a testament to his tactical skill that he managed to get away with it for so long, but his mastery of the operational art was low, and it pretty much doomed the desert campaign.

Thoughts on Kurabayashi?

They did cause skin issues, which was even noticed by Hitler while he was watching a newsreel.

desu

>France

>memes
Hate them at your whim, but they had a role in freeing Northern Africa from the Germans. Maybe then exaggerated, but oh well.

>Himmler
>Patton
Wow

One is obviously a jape, and for Patton, I remind that:
>though he had a habit of winning only for how brutishely he threw his soldiers into the fighting.

Geez those were jokes you little dummies

>Heinrici

What, why?

for the love of god
read the sword behind the shield

youll have your naziboo fapping sessions because the germans pulled some serious buttkicking there
and will have your
>human wave
meme debunked by the germans themselfs

go read it naziboos

Is Rommel a meme?

This reminds me of when I made my historical essay in 7th grade about Erwin Rommel lel

"The Desert Fox"

I was an unabashed Wehraboo and my teacher couldn't even hate on it since I was a great writer

Gotthard Heinrici was a Walter Model teiered Defensive tactician who didn't get the same sort of credit from Hitler because Heinrici was old school Prussian (His Cousin was Gerd von Rundstedt) who had a genuine hatred for the Nazis due to the fact that his wife was half Jewish and he had to go to Hitler personally to ask him for permission to stay married.