Anybody else here /reenactment/? Post your outfits

Anybody else here /reenactment/? Post your outfits

Other urls found in this thread:

thejacketshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=86
youtube.com/watch?v=AkSZGXmuvIo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello fellow 15thC bro! Nice chaperone.

I do late 15th, a little early 17th and used to do middle bronze age and darkage as hobbies.

I professionally do 18thC for a living.

I tip my fedora to both of you, gentlemen.

>Post your outfits
So... Do I post more? I don't want to spam the thread with self posts.

Im sure your trilby matches your MLP themed shirt and crocs.

How does one "professionally reenact"? How would someone make money off that?

I have a bit of money so I don't mind buying accurate outfits for Halloween, but I wouldn't wear them any other day.

By having the skills and knowledge to work at living history museums. I have worked at a couple of them. Military science and history mostly.

I used to do early 17thC at Jamestown. Pic related.

I also do a fair amount of extra and battle scene stunt work for TV and movies. TURN being the last production I was in.

Its not just dressing up. I participate in historic hunting, historic sailing, historic camping and public educational demos, as well as historic themed social events (IE, my GF and I get all fancy and go to the local 18thC ball etc).

>he says while posting on Veeky Forums

History is one of the nerdiest subjects out there. Of course people are going to do this kind of stuff.

Clownfag is making a living off his hobby. What do you got going for you?

>no fun allowed

kys

Nerdy and proud. You'd be amazed how many girls dig it.

Fuuuuuck. What costume do I have to wear to get some? Is there any hope for manlets like me?

Like, how short are you? Short guys can rock Roman, Hussairs, and generally any standard line infantry of the 18thC.

Whichever has the most bitches
Tell us about the bitches

Fuck...post moar qts

Unf

Step one: Don't refer to them as "bitches".

New International Version
He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

What?

>tfw really want to get into war reenactments but I'm a brown guy

v-vive l'empereur!

I went Sherwood Forest renfair in Texas in a lorica segmentata I CNC'd and while I was most certainly not in period clothing, I had a fine wench compliment my ass.

lorica segmentata confirmed pvssy magnet 2015AD.

Will I be accepted at reenactments if I'm brown? How did you get started? Where do you purchase costumes?

Could you provide links, please?

Also, can you tell where I can purchase the wig on the left or find something similar?

Anyone know where I could get a hussar's jacket? I love the style.

Is alternate-historical reenactment a thing? Because I'd love to do a '68 Cold War Gone Hot.

>tfw really want to get into war reenactments but I'm a brown guy
>Will I be accepted at reenactments if I'm brown?

Modernly, of course. And you can almost certainly document yourself if you want. What kind of brown? Middle easterners were all over Europe. Blacks were everywhere as free soldiers. I mean, for fucks sake, the Brits brought Sepoy's to Virginia in the the American Revolutionary War.

The world was quite small by the 18thC.

>How did you get started? Where do you purchase costumes?

Slow your roll chief. You need to be more specific. Do some research, look up local groups on facebook etc.

>Also, can you tell where I can purchase the wig on the left or find something similar?

From a wig maker. A good one will cost you though. Don't worry about wigs right away.

You are seriously asking for the second most expensive part of the kit. The only thing more expensive is the horse. thejacketshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=86

Yes. Its called larping. I am not joking. Alt history larps are big.

>middle easterners were all over europe

simply epic *upvotes you*

>Middle easterners were all over Europe. Blacks were everywhere as free soldiers.
WE

What the shit are you sperging? The truth is, international trade and war made the world tiny.

Please don't. You can find better. Pic related

/pol/ get out.

Thanks for the link, senpai.

Not myself anymore, but worked with a great group that did lots of varied 19th/20th C military events. Nice to have some younger people who were believable in their roles.

There are TONS of younger folks who are honestly interested, but the problem really stems from the older folks who disregard new reenactors under a certain age.

Whats even more infuriating, is that these younger folks are coming in with better kit, research and documentation, but get discouraged by farb-ass geezers because "they are kids".

Get a gander of those gams!

There's also that historical kit can be pretty expensive, and a lot of younger people are pretty strapped for cash.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkSZGXmuvIo

We do some Roman reenactment in my town.
Here is me as Julius Caesar

Funny you should say that. Most kit is home made anyways, and the modern reenactor has better access to patterns and documentation thanks to the internet.

When I see an "old boy" reenactor in a moth-eaten, blanket wool redcoat with obvious machine stitching and all the farby bullshit he could buy from Townsend, treat a new guy in hand stitched like shit because of his age, it makes me want to push bayonets.

Nigga, you gay.

There was a guy on the WW2 Reenactment normiebook page complaining "Soldier of Fortune's make it far to easy for kids to he just buy all their kit in one guy and become reenactors instantly". Almost an exact quote.

Because obviously, more people of the right age bracket getting into a hobby easily is just terrible, right?

>Because obviously, more people of the right age bracket getting into a hobby easily is just terrible, right?

Terrible. Horrible. End of the world.

Anyone do Roman reenactments? I want to gradually acquire weapons and armor for a Late Republican/Early Imperial Legionary, but where's the best place to begin?

I'm a Falangist.
Would it be autistic LARPing of me to casually wear an antique Falange Blueshirt around in public?
I've been thinking about it for a while.

Yes.

No se, si vives en vascongadas o cataluña igual te cosen a palos, en cualquier otro lado iras bien

why are fascist so Veeky Forums?

You look like Rich Evans, nigga.

Good to see only one guy post their kit a whole 24 hours after the thread went up.
OP here with a field shot. I'm in the red brigandine with the cream padding
Gropey, what sort of 15c stuff did/do you do?

You unironically look like you are wishing for death.

Who? If it helps, It was a 112 degreeF day in VA, and I had been marching, shooting and doing bayonet drills for tourists all day. I am sweaty and exhausted.

Late 15thC Italian condottiero during the low country campaigns, though some like minded friends and I are trying to get a Wallachian group going for our local MTA event...

Most people are probably unwilling to dox themselves by posting their highly individual and easily recognisable kit.

Sounds interesting. I always wanted to do eastern style stuff, maybe Ottoman, but it's not really an option where I am. I'm stuck with Wars of the Roses with my uni group. What sort of qualification do you need to get into paid reenacting? I'd love to do it, but I'm gonna graduate with a BSc

Most of my kit is off the rack desu

>dat jacket
unf

You don't need qualifications. You need contacts with event organisers and something unique to get them to pay you for.

Or a willingness to talk to shithead schoolkids all day.

>What sort of qualification do you need to get into paid reenacting?

Practical historic or trade skills, history knowledge (obviously schooling helps), and good interpretation skills.

Damn straight.

It helps to have more when working at museums.

He's in the UK. Museums here don't employ reenactors except as volunteers or as groups for events. Black Country Museum, Royal Armouries and Historical Royal Palaces being the main exceptions and even then they're more actors than reenactors.

Pretty awesome hobby desu. I'm too much of an autist to participate these days but I still have some gear from back then.

Also the
>hurr neckbeards
meme is pretty non-existant, in here (Baltics) anyway. Loads of qts at different events aswell.

Thats sucks for you bro, but its pretty backbreaking work, as you can see.

Lol faggot, keep sucking that muzzle dick. I'm sure the world was sooo multikulti back then and then suddenly out of nowhere in the 19th century people became vehemently racist. Fuck off to reddit, it should have been obvious you were a redditor when you came here posting pics of yourself acting like anyone gives a fuck

>telling one of the few guys who actually knows what he's talking about, to fuck off

Never change Veeky Forums, never change...

Also

>thread about posting pictures of yourself
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY YOU POST PICTURES OF YOURSELF?!?!?????

>Fighting
>Camping
>Good food
>Good company (occasionally)
>Girlfriend dressed like a 13th century hoe

"muh look at those nerds"

Id say that the good company comes more often than good food. Though you do get a few lesbian shitbeards

You're in the wrong group if you don't get good food at events.

>be at cold event in March with a few other groups
>one guy near us is shivering and slowly spooning a thin liquid into his mouth
>"what's that?"
>"it's flower soup"
>"oh, never heard of that"
>wonder if that's an authentic recipe and wonder where you'd find enough flowers in March to consistently make soup out of
>then realise I misheard him, he didn't say flower, he said flour
>his group were serving up flour added to water as their main meal of the day

No one said they were not racist fucks like you, but there were plenty of people from all over by this point.

GB2/pol/

18thC racial stereotype list 1/2

2/2

Dude, if the food sucks, start cooking or find a better group.

Bump

>Middle easterners were all over Europe
Maybe as a massive minority. That is, almost completely insignificant or limited to their own enclave/community. Or, in special cases, during military cooperation like with the ottoman fleet and france

The uniforms tend to acentuate the male form because it inspire power.

As traders, dignitaries, specticals of curiosity and even tourists.

I'm in the Serjeants uniform on the right.
5th battalion 60th Rifles, the first Rifle Battalion in the British army. A British regiment, raised in America with a 5th Battalion made of Germans, swiss, hungarians and scandinavians, trained in the west indies and fought in Ireland, Portugal and Spain.

Nothing on that pic says there were TONS OF POO PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, my dude.

There isn't any justification for non-whites showing up at a norse vendel reenactment in Scandinavia, or some nigger in a War of the Roses reenactment. Go do fantasy LARP instead.

Underated post

I reenact a bavarian when I go to the oktoberfest every year innit

Are you seriously saying that coloureds shouldn't do the hobby? You're beyond retarded.
They had fucking Austrian regiments at the Waterloo reenactment, but you're not okay with one black guy trying to enjoy himself because 'ABLOO BLOO MUH INACCURACY'?
You really are scum

Who's that handsome DEVIL on the left with the facial furniture?

I bet he's a top class lad

I hope you call the guy in the centre private Pyle

>austrians
>niggers

lol
is the redditor gonna cwy?

Nah he's an autistic man-skeleton

what if i ree at them?

Where d'you get the shirt?

Ha...y-yeah what a faggot

Gropey is probably as old as Veeky Forums itself desu. He's a local legend there.

Non-reenactor, support guy here again.

Politics aside, no-one should wear original/antique clothing or "soft items"; sweat and body oils will degrade the piece and help attract pests. Things like weapons, helmets, etc may be carefully used, as they are more robust. Hard to break a Lee-Enfield rifle.

Use the original as a pattern, and conserve the actual piece.

Pic related, I sourced an original Communist Party of Canada leaflet and repro'd it for a group doing the MacKenzie-Papineau Battalion.

M using it to show they had racism, but wrre well aware of other cultures. The point is, you can find periods and events that will allow people of many cultures in many places.

Your autism and overliteral mindset are better welcome on /pol/. You are dismissed.

Thats slightly more acceptable. Offer them a plate of scrambled eggs and you're set.

I have wasted a decade of my life on this website.

>using original kit
Oh god, please dont.

Gropey, I ahve liked you since you started posting. You are a stand up guy.

You need to lose some weight man.

I know, and have been. Those are old pics. My ACL/HMB training has been doing me good, and im getting ready to do a photoshoot in April hopefully.

Good job man