Why were ancient Egyptians so such?

Why were ancient Egyptians so such?

They literally got conquered by any foreign force who set their mind to do so.

>Nubians
>Greeks
>Romans
>Muslim Kebabs

It blows my mind how they get so much dick sucking and praise yet they were so weak. It also blows my mind how an empire lasted so long when it was so vulnerable to foreign forces, like how the fuck was that possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because muh meme pyramids, muh meme mummies and muh meme mythology. Egypt is overrated as fuck and the rest of ancient Mesopotamia is severely underrated. Sumerian architecture and city-planning was better than Egyptian and they developed written language before them as well.

If you're around for 3,000 years, and you get invaded every 500 years, that adds up to a lot of invasions.

>BTFO Hittites
>BTFO Nubians
>BTFO Libyans
>BTFO Canaanites

Fuck off

We kind of owe our alphabet system to them. There were people who were living in Egypt (semites) but didn't want to learn all that crazy shit so they made up a new script and it expanded to Phoenicia where it went to the Greeks.

>Egypt gets conquered by Hyksos, Nubia, Assyria, Persia, Greece, Rome, Arabs, Turks and even Turks
>still managed to conquer and enslave the Israelites apparently
So Jews confirmed for the weakest race in all of history?

I studied ancient Mesopotamia (from the time they developed a sedentary life-style and innovating agricultural techniques that spread throughout the land and from the time they developed writing) and since then it always fucked with me that we praised the Egyptians so much.

It's pretty silly.

>WOW! IT'S FUCKING NOBODY!
Nah.

Did the Phoenicians really have an Egyptian influence? I'm taking yet another course at Uni about Ancient Greece, there's no mention of it having an Egyptian influence.

We discussed how they went from hieroglyphs to Lineal A (which is dogshit, nobody understands it) and later on Lineal B, both during Minoan times if I'm not mistaken.

Without a doubt.

Linear A is simple, i learned it 5 years ago.

The transition to the use of a true alphabet took a step further away from hieratic scripts with the development of the Proto-Sinaitic consonantal alphabet some time around 19000 BC. It was first employed by Semitic-speaking peoples who lived in northern Egypt. These people were influenced by Eguption culture and adipted about 30 Egyptian hieroglyphics to write their language. It was still partly pictographic. Thus, a somewhat abstract drawing of an ox head represented the word for ox ('aleph). By around 1400 BC the Proto-Sinaitic alphabet was being used in Canaan, where linguids wefer to its local form as Proto-Canaanite. This alphabet in turn evolved into the Phoenician alphabet around 1050 BC.

It's really just because of memes. They stacked some rocks together and now people think they were the best ancient civilization ever, but yeah, let's ignore that pyramidal structures are the easiest kind of structures to build and that Egyptian architecture in general was shit compared to Mesopotamian architecture.

1900 BC. lol.

What am I thinking of then that it still has no translation?

>This Alphabet in turn evolved into the Phoenician Alphabet around 1050 BC
Which coincides with the Greek "Dark Ages", how fucking odd. Still, whatever happened to the Lineal B that was employed by Minoans once the Phoenician Alphabet reached them?

That's some interesting shit, I'm taking note of it to further read on.

>WHY ARE THERE PYRAMIDS ALL AROUND THE WORLD? THAT MEANS THERE WAS ONE ANCIENT DOMINATING THE WHOLE PLANET, RIGHT?
>It has nothing to do with the fact that it's the easiest way to stack rocks and edify something
I'm really starting to hate Egyptians as of late, lad.

Are you referring to cypro-minoan syllabary?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_A

Aye, of this goofy shit.

>It's Linear, not Lineal
Fuck my Scandinavian autistic spelling.

Linear A is a complete mystery. We can't even figure out it's parent language.

Yeah, but we did figure out Lineal B and I'm curious as to how that disappeared from the scene to allow the Phoenician Alphabet to intrude. Or am I messing up my timeline?

>It's 6am here and I haven't slept yet, forgive my nonsense

What is this shit? Italics and Etruscans have written language since 700 BC and Greeks since 1450 BC.

You have much to learn.

Old italic script comes from a Greek script from cumae. This is the one I think youre referring to. ABGDEVZHΘIKLMNΞOPŚQRSTUXΦΨ

applies to any nationality that exists for thousands of years.

During the Mycenaean period, from around the 16th century to the 12th century BC, Linear B was used to write the earliest attested form of the Greek language, known as Mycenaean Greek. This writing system, unrelated to the Greek alphabet, last appeared in the 13th century BC. In the late 9th century BC or early 8th century BC, the Greek alphabet emerged.

Not that guy, but does anyone know why Linear B took a backseat and eventually disappeared allowing the Greek Alphabet to pop up?

Probably because the mycanean Greeks collapsed.

Name a Mesopotamian structure still standing more impressive than the Sphinx.

Egypt's site and its riches made it a target for every major empire in history. They have done well existing for 3000 years actually. And people don't remember Egypt for its imperialistic achievements anyway, they care more about their art and monuments

>Did the Phoenicians really have an Egyptian influence?

You squallid retard, Phoenician cities like Tyre, Byblos and Sidon were under Egyptian control for several centuries

>Egyptians only build the Pyramids
Yeah, what about the dozens of massive temple complexes (which looked better than anything Mesoptamian peoples had at the time they were built), fortresses, cities and royal palaces, you are an utter retard.

>the metric of success is military force

What is Abu Simbel

Not just that, there are many magnificient Egyptian temple complexes, imho much more magnificant and imposing than most Greek temples (though some Egyptian ones are over 1000 year older) and than any Mesopotamian structure

>EIDF in full force today

You are a clueless retard who barely even knows anything about Egyptian and yet you expect not to be called out on your bullshit

>Unironically EIDF

Stop embarrassing yourself

>OH NO! I'VE BEEN FOUND OUT!
*recoils*

3.000 year civilization

Why were Romans so such?

They literally got conquered by any foreign force who set their mind to do so
>Franks
>Goths
>Arabs
>Turks

T. Mesopocuck

Why were Persians so such?

They literally got conquered by any foreign force who set their mind to do so.

>Mongols
>Greeks
>Afghans
>Muslim Kebabs