Of all the countries to have had communist movements...

Of all the countries to have had communist movements, why did America spergbout compulsively over this one in particular?

>oh noes, muh dominoes

they had a chance to stop it

>They fucking lost

It was a big rice conspiracy

Because of hippies, not military failure.

If they had helped the French instead of purpotedly waiting for them to lose before intervening, maybe
Letting the Viet Cong grow strong and experienced by their decolonization war with the French was a mistake

>muh kdr

it was a military failure too

let alone defeat the north the US couldn't even help the South take control of their own country

because it wasn't an internal insurrection. It was largely a foreign invasion supported by a small internal guerrilla network. Governments being overthrown by their own people is one thing, but you can't just sit back and let communist countries annex their neighbours.

>please murrica help me these yellow monkey is chimping out
>sure thing frenchie let me see, Nam huh?
>1000 years of fending of invaders, from the chink, the mongols, just now the french
>well fuck it my superior guns will show them
>burger! burger! burger!

That's only true with you treat North Vietnam and South Vietnam like truly independent and separate states, when in reality the division was only intended to last two years, and everyone on both sides wanted the country to be unified

Dumbest shit ive ever read

Well clearly they hadn't fended off everyone for 1000 years, since they got conquered by the French in the first place

t. ignorant

>please murrica help me these yellow monkey is chimping out
>sure thing frenchie let me see, Nam huh?
America refused to help the French with their war (aside from very slight air support)
They intervened full scale only after the French left, see >1000 years of fending of invaders, from the chink, the mongols, just now the french
They had been under French occupation for a century by the moment this happened (hence the independence war against France)
And they got BTFO by China many times

but the domino effect was real, in fact the concept fits perfectly with the doctrine of denying guerillas resupply as means of defeating them

it would have also prevented the commies getting the north

dummy, Namfag may be suppressed for a while, but they sure are hard head xenophobic fuck so certainly they would fight back until the invaders got tired and leave
chink got the land for over 1000 years but nonstop rebellion also drove them off. What make murrica think they can do ok in such a land except for muh guns?

>What make murrica think they can do ok in such a land except for muh guns?
Except as you literally just admitted, the French and Chinese had been able to control for long periods of time. The US would have been happy to control it for 70 years like the French did, much less 100s of years like the Chinese

>the day the Paris Peace Treaty was signef the North Vietnamese controlled/contested over 45% of South Vietnam's territory.
>It did not require the North Vietnamese forces to withdraw.

Wow what an amazing "peace" treaty!

Even if the war was won there would be an unwinnable insurgency. The South was just too unpopular.

well the moment murrica pull their troops back, they know Nam was a lost cause
all that left is a treaty they still using for meme

It was another Korea situation, with the North invading the South, except the lose of Vietnam threatened to plunge the rest of South East Asia within the Soviet sphere. Had the Sino-Soviet split under Nixon not occurred, you would have another 500 million people living under communist rule (and subsequently beholden to the USSR, who was still seen as the leading Communist state).