Dividend income vs. Crypto

Hi Veeky Forumsnessmen!

I'm 24, living with my parents earning $35k - just started.
I also go to college for a real degree, only have about $7k saved up - most of it in crypto currencies.
Each month I am able to save $2k, college paid, no debts.

Although I believe in cryptocurrencies, sometimes I'm tempted to go all in to another strategy like building a dividend income portfolio.
But then, I remember my sweet gains with cryptocurrencies (mainly holding) and I just stay.

Do you really think it will keep rising?
Would we all be able to retire in 10 years?
I'd very much appreciate some solid explanations. Even shitty graphs will be fine...
I just need some mental encouragement to clear the doubts I have.

Sincerely,
user

>dividend income
>7k savings
If you threw 100% of that into solid high dividend portfolios (~5%) you'd be making less than $30 per month.

>dividend income

what are you, some kind of FAGGOT

>dividend income
>when the entire global fiat economy is on the brink of collapse

C'mon guys, be nice and help OP.

I have a better offer. I'll give you $50 to mow my lawn twice a week for a month. A penny saved is a penny earned, faggot.

>>entire global fiat economy
>>collapse
>>being this delusional

>he ACTUALLY thinks the pyramid schmeme wont end

>If you threw 100% of that into solid high dividend portfolios (~5%) you'd be making less than $30 per month.
Blockchain is still new around. No one can know for certain how will it play out.
Even if the fiat system collapses, these businesses will still be around to pay out whatever money they will make.

I know all about the fake fiat system, but what if blockchain is even more dead than the global financial system!?
For now, it is used to trade drugs and illegal services, but are we really sure our thing will go mainstream?

I think investing into crypto thinking the system will collapse and that it will happen soon and fast is not the right mindset. That's all.
Just wanted to hear what prospects do you think we have other than that. Like adoption in more major countries like Japan.

Plus, what's so wrong with dividends? You can slowly but surely doing it correctly retire in a decade.

Listen faggot, i'm here to get good, see?

I see those guys with the shiny shit and I want it, ya feel? I don't care who, what, where or how it takes but one day I'm gonna be that guy that everyone will see driving down the street in that Lambo.

I will vroooom that engine baby and no ones gonna stop me.

Yes?

>>pyramid schmeme
>>not crypto but fiat
>>not understanding it's just a new version of an old concept
>>being this retarded
>>allowed on the internet

I think along the same lines as you, particularly

>>that it will happen soon and fast is not the right mindset

These people have no idea what they're talking about dude. Most people here are still under 18 and/or living in parents' basement with no exposure to the outside world.

Crypto is going to change the world, but it isn't going to happen overnight. There is a transition period. And the fact that they don't acknowledge that companies can eventually pay out using blockchain and crypto is fucking stupid

>Thinks having a decentralized currency has EVER been tried.
Try again. Banks have controlled all currency since the dawn of money.

>Crypto is going to change the world, but it isn't going to happen overnight. There is a transition period. And the fact that they don't acknowledge that companies can eventually pay out using blockchain and crypto is fucking stupid

This. We talk about at least 3 to 5 years in this respect. During this time, there will be ups and downs - but we are all witnessing something amazing. On a technological level as well as one a economical one (even a legal one).

>goes to college for "real degree"
>goes to Veeky Forums to ask broke frogposters if they can tell the financial future

>>still not understanding what I mean
>>what is currency?
>>"since the dawn of money"
>>not even knowing exactly what you're talking about
>>using buzzwords like "decentralized"
>>not talking about broader economic effects

I think you should try again my man. Take off your tinfoil hat and join the rest of the world. Your libertarian ideals are nice but don't be such an edgy mong. Ask yourself with at least some degree of intellectual honesty whether you think the function that fiat currencies serve will be rendered obsolete completely in 5 years by a young technology like this

Absolutely. So long as a crash happens, people will want something that can't be manipulated to pay off people the gov't owes.

Dude, we all know banks can be shady. This ain't new. "People the gov't owes" are also shareholders in the public. Yes, the banks act with impunity and yes the Federal Reserve bails these people out, but what would be the consequences if they did not?

The companies would go bankrupt and new banks would come out with better practices. Govts that interfere with the free market are just trying to kill actual progress in bisuness
>inb4 but what about the people who put money in those banks! they deserve to have all their money even when the bank goes under!
no they dont. if they choose a retardo bank then they deserve the consequences when it collapses.
>b-but they didnt have any choice! there was no other bank to store their money
they coulve created a bank then. which would be possible if the govt didnt interfere and create artificial monopolies.

Holy shit lmao

I cant tell if you're laughing at me or with me.

Not him but fuck it I'm down, where are you?