What's your game plan for Aug 1st?

What's your game plan for Aug 1st?

I can't see how BTC could maintain its value in the last days leading to the split, essentially pulling all the altcoins down with it. In my opinion, the only crypto possibly benefitting from this is ETH, solely because people are trying to get away from BTC.

I'm probably gonna withdraw most of my crypto back to fiat and hop right back in after the dust has settled.

What are you planning to do?

Exactly the same plan here.

SAME HERE. i have no life and this is something that can help me cope wasting my youth when im not invited anywhere because shitty friends.

im sure trading will continue because how popular it is now.

I have the exact opposite feeling on this than most on Veeky Forums I expect this to pump the price. People have been wanting to fix the slow ass transaction times for over a year. Now that we're actually getting that fix you're expecting the fix to drop the price? I'm not seeing it.

Everyone's comparing this to the DAO hack fork but this is a hell of a lot different circumstances.

A certain coin that is supremely undervalued at the moment will be promoted in August but currently is not promoted because not all of its features are finished.

But when it does it will take out the top 5 coins that are not BTC and ETH.

the price will definitely shoot up if it goes smoothly , but op is talking about the days before

arise chikun

Around July 18th-20th I'm going to pull 80% of my coins back out, and put my 20% into ETH, just incase some crazy shit happens and the prices spark for some reason.

No way I'm waiting within a week of this shit, once the shit hits the fan every exchange is going to lock the fuck up.

if there's a drop I'll probably buy

I will convert to ETH in July and wait till the dust settles

>I'm probably gonna withdraw most of my crypto back to fiat and hop right back in after the dust has settled.
this was my original plan but i've thought it over and it seems too risky
it relies on the notion that there will be any "dust" to "set".
For all we know, this whole scenario could go out with a bang. If I withdraw everything to fiat and get some sleep, the gold rush could be over by the time I wake up. Whatever happens, there will be a FOMO of never before seen magnitude

are you perhaps verthaog?

It's not LTC.

It's a coin that is not listed on Poloniex or Bittrex and currently is less than 50 sat.

But in a couple months will be over 2000.

what's the market cap? coin price means jack shit

market cap under 50 million.

Usdt to wait out the storm

Exchanges will suspend BTC trading, or the very least withdrawal

ETH, and to a leaser extent LTC (being the only other crypto readily convertible to cash) should moon

if this is a subtle mooncoin shill...

Been thinking about that too. Not sure if Tether will keep its value stable, it's been fluctuating between 0.90 and 1.05 lately

are the exchanges going to lock up?
no one will be able to buy into anything since everything is backed by BTC.
They will probably have a new currency that will officially be the ground level.

coinbase locked up two days ago just from eth spiking, and bittrex had the eth wallet locked up for a couple hours

you know what makes people freak out way more than making money? losing money.

Should I pull out everything now? Is BTC split really going to kill the crypto market? Will we have real estate threads aga8n on biz

What should i do with my LTC?

Tbh its nice that its relatively stable but the way things are going it might be nice to hold ETH

I can see eth spiking to 1k aug 1st and tumbling down to 500-700 once btc gets its shit straight.

stop cockteasing

What's on Aug 1st

There's still time, the market is just getting back up again so no point in pulling out yet

Definitely not mooncoin.

I'll let everyone here know which coin it is in August when its over 100 sats.

I've currently got about 11 million of it.

>are the exchanges going to lock up?

>remembers the first time mtgox shit the bed earlier in the decade

You bet your sweet ass you wont be able to buy/sell shit on tge exchanges at the hieght of bullshit. I wish coinbase had buy/sell option because i trust tgeir cold storage desu senpai

Dump into ETH and LTC. Got it. Gotta go my yacht is about to crash.

So your saying I should buy all in eth now and sell when it's at ATH during the fork hmmmm.

Get a load of this retard

i dont use coinbase. i dont know why i use bitrex either since im just tradeing half an ether every hour for small gains until i rack up more money.

im practically selling all my music equipment and shit i dont use anymore because crypto is where its at. im probably going to buy another big screen monitor and convert my room into a trading post or some awesome looking matrix hacker set up.

ETH is in a bubble of its own so who knows, but it could work

give the first letter of the coin

I think I know which coin, it spiked recently. But it has 20+ bil coins and is only on one exchange I never used before.
Can I trust that exchange? Not sure if worth the risk...

I'm currently accumulating and my goal is 20 million coins.

But i'll let you know in August when its over 100 sats, which in the long term, will be astronomically cheap in hindsight.

tell me what is it no one will know

If it is that certain coin that I may be mentioning then yes, it is safe to purchase that certain coin on that exchange and when it gets listed on the major exchanges in the coming months, just transfer the coins to the new exchange.

which coin is it

RDD

IOTA

So u guys think updating bitcoin with a proved working update that will allow bitcoin to scale up and somewhat fix the problems it has will crash the price? The same update(without proof it will work) in LTC caused price to 10x.

The update will also fix problems such as malleability

Literally espers you massive faglord

nice shill though

satan confirms that Mars mission is a go

Espers, really ?

no, it's not esp2

E

The speculation and uncertainty leading to the update could crash it, which is why we're planning on jumping back in after the update.

I will just hold.
Probably the price will shoot up at some moment.
Maybe after 1st August, maybe before.

Meh, it will drop but it's not worth it. It will moon afterwards. Anyway, just move to Zcash for a day and you're golden. Even make some money.

I would go for byteball, this coin I strong af

that's a stupid move

do you really think it can hit 2k?
Sia is similar by coin cap and I don't see sia to go 1.5+ k in the next months...

It's obviously ECC but it's a shitcoin so good fucking luck with that.

I will hold my alts through this, can't be bothered.

Whats so shitty about it?

Even though its shitty, there are multiple coins that have risen from 5 sat to 1000 sat even though they are shit.

5000 BTC by August 15th

I'll just hold, senpai

440 btc vol in a day, in a small excange like that? the fuck is going on ?

I'm just going to hodl through the event, let's see what happens. Btc, bit of eth and xmr.

They have announced some updates. Probably a whale hoping for pump and dump. It's still shit because there's way too many coins out there. It can probably hit 10 cents but no more than that. Still might be a good investment.

Well, 10 cents would be a 100x profit. I'll throw in 100 bucks and see where it goes.

Cashing out before August is very dangerous for various reasons.

1. BIP148 could actually activate early. If successful, this could mean ridiculous gains for BTC and you won't be able to buy any significant amount back.

2. If you buy after August 1st you need to choose a chain. Good luck with that.

3. With cold stored coins you just wait and chill until one chain wins and then decide for that one.

Do you use bitkey?

Btc newfag here. I haven't put in any money due to these mad ATHs, but should I put money into btc before August? I'm going to avoid ETH cause from what I read it looks like a portal to crypto hell is going to open up. Any altcoins worth dropping dough on?

I take all my Bitcoin and push them in one wallet

now I got Bitcoins on both chains. I am a genius

Bitaddress.org
They also have an offline version to download and use on an safe computer

Should I buy ANY coins before the 1st? 99% of altcoins use BTC as a standard.

Or should I not buy anything until afterwards?

I thought bitaddress was for generating paper wallets, which is different from cold storage, no?

That's the way for me too

A newfag with a brain and patience! Must be a troll

>Aug 1st

what? what is this thread on about?

A paper wallet is a form of cold storage.
“cold“ means “not online“

My rough plan.

Hold XEM and XRP.
Cash everything else out to BTC cold storage.
Wait for big dips, buy more.
See which chain gets more traction.
Buy more.

I can see one of two things happening.

A, more and more miners start to signal segwit and it gets pushed through by the miners.

B, some libertarians on twitter fork themselvs off onto a new chain, nobody notices.

BIP148, Bitcoin UASF to (hopefully) make a step forward in the scaling debate

Honestly, i would rather the miners just do the fork themselves, fucking children. Thats what happens if you give some NEETs millions

would a lambo coin moon?

Appreciate the compliment, I'm just not nearly as retarded as the rest of these dipshits.

Agreed but at this point I'm happy with ANYTHING that makes a possible change to this stalemate.

I'll grab my paperwallets with hands of steel, open a beer and watch the bombs fall.

its fucking esper
fuck off you shill

Shut up trout.

I believe so too, he's clearly talking about ESP2 Espers

(Don't buy on yobit, they demand 0.5 BTC to delist the old chain... from the dev... we need to boycot this shit)

96% of my blockfolio now is only GBytes, They give me 20% every month, and the price seems to be increasing.
So my plan is to stick with the plan, there will be at least 6 more distributions, which will double my GBytes.

But about BTC, before it happens it will be chaos, everyone will be shitting their pants.
Then nothing will happen, and BTC will climb like crazy, so maybe I should put my all my money on BTC, or at least half, and then re-buy GByte on time for the august distribution.

It's clearly ECC. Just look from coinmarketcap.

Larping cocksucker.

Doesnt coinbase store btc cold storage? Wouldn't that mean they'd transition better than others?

And how would you want to get them off coinbase without using any chain for the transaction?

Here's what will happen:
Retards will panic sell before august, thinking that BTC will fall, so BTC's price will likely decrease and ETH price will increase.
After august, when BTC finally implements segwit and fix its most glaring problem, prices will fucking skyrocket since it's the only thing holding BTC down and ETH will have a huge correction.
People who sold ealier will kill themselves.
Crypto market will experience a new boom as everyone realizes that the bubble was just a meme.
Euphoria will soon follow.
A correction will probably happen at the end of the year due to prior overhype.

this guy fucks

What is cold storing and how does one do that?

Big Bitty.