Red pill me on Ripple

If crypto currency is the future of money, Is XRP the future of crypto currency?
Ripple is already #3 by market cap, and by quite a distance.

People talk about the top 2 BTC and ETH.. but Ethereum isn't really meant to be like Bitcoin. It's inflationary as there is no set amount of them.

My trouble with bitcoin is there is a limit of 21,000,000 divisible to 8 digits, which makes 160,000,000 possible bits... which isn't anywhere near enough if crypto is the future, considering there are currently 318,000,000 in the United States alone.

Ripple has a limit of 100,000,000,000 which is definitely enough to cover 7.5 billion people.

So I presume in terms of currency, Ripple will one day be King. Ethereum has other uses, but I don't see it as a viable currency.

Should I buy ripple? Do you have ripple? Give me the ripple pill

Bump for interest. Crypto-veterans please come in.

Ripple is like a super annoying girlfriend but who's pretty good at solving problems.

>which makes 160,000,000
you aren't very smart, are you? I know this is a rhetorical question as you're thinking about "investing" in a scamcoin

no im not very smart, i should have said 8^2 shouldnt i?
fuck it i dont know. how many are there?

No. buy DGB

But first, a little quick update on you. XRP itself is pretty crappy coin, it was nominated for having the most security issues out of a 60 different coins in one article i cant find. But, the developer struck gold, by developing a transfer system that saves banks tons of money by using ripple coins

SO, lots of banks bought up billions and billions of ripples, and all these neets were partying on biz and such. And heres the first problem

1.) If you hold onto ripple to see it be bought by all the banks, are you honestly expecting banks, the highest financial powers in the world. to give bunch of money to neets to trade to, instead of manipulating the price? The creator of ripple is obviously in it for the banks than the common investor, since they have all the money

And next problem, not enough banks are signing up, this is why there is a giant dip in XRP right now, so now you have a bunch of biz bagholders just praying for more banks to come on board.

its a ticking time bomb, with very slow gains.

oh i really am dumb, its like 21000000x10^8 so 2,100,000,000,000,000 bits

You don't just multiply by 8. Each decimal place represents 10 possible numbers. You raise it to a power of 10x8.

good post

the banks dont have all the ripple though as there is only like 38 billion in circulation at the moment

I don't see the point, honestly. Banks already have digital bank notes, why do they even need cryptocurrency?

sorry, i figured it out eventually

who knows? its banks they do all kinds of shady shit

its probably part of some money laundering scam/tax avoidance or something

Bitcoin is a computer program. It can be updated if necessary. More decimals can be added. And the amount of units is 2 100 000 000 000 000 sat, wich is more than USD/EUR combined.

Even so, I don't think the big banks would adopt some amateur project like this. They would just contract out the development of the system to trusted developers and maintain full administration of the currency and security.

Thank you, so I'm confident bitcoin is the way then, ripple is a shitcoin

Just a thought, when people start using these every day when fiat dies, what are they going to call them?
i cant imagine going to the saturday market and having the bloke selling strawberries
instead of saying "PAUND FOR A PAUND"
saying "PAUND FOR A 0.001 BITCOIN"

The ripple platform will in no way have a direct influence on market price. The devs have specifically advised against investing long term on XRP. For a good reason. XRP looks attractive because at first glance, and by traditional standards a high market cap is a good thing. In the crypto world, low price and high supply is now a death sentence for coin stability (think about how much can be slowly accumulated at a cheap price). This is true of all high supply / cheap price coins now that people see the potential in crypto gains. They swing wildly in price due to accumulation, speculation, and pump/dumps. We can observe the opposite effect with lower supply coins (go see for yourself on coinmarketcap)

In short, you CAN play on XRP speculatively. But remember it has absolutely no direct link with the success of the ripple platform. 1 XRP could be a fraction of a cent, or $20000 each. It wouldn't be a result of the ledger platform's success or failure. I got in at 4 cents and got out at 30 cents. Never fucking with ripple again. There are simply too many people that can put the price into a dive at any time. Extremely high risk coin in my personal opinion. If you don't mind it, knock yourself out.

Ripple is not meant to be bitcoin/ether replacement. It's not meant to be currency. It is a digital asset that let's banks transfer money more easily, cheaper and quicker. That's why talk about market cap is irrelevant for the most part, since ripple is targeting banks and not us directly as customers.

Hold it for longer term gains. Think early 2018 as potential cash out since most banks are scheduled to begin using it then.

The beauty of bitcoin is that the big banks can go fuck their selves. In this world, especially in global leader dear USA capital controls are getting more and more strick and this fact alone will continue to drive bitcoin price up to astronomical levels. Bitcoin is taking the power away from the jews

>devs have specifically advised against investing in ripple long term

user wtf you talking about? I've been lurking the role forums and direct dev posts for the last 6 months and I've only seen the opposite. XRP success is directly linked to ripple and the devs mentioned this so many times in so many conferences.

XRP is independent of ripple but that doesn't mean ripple doesn't want it to succeed. They have an entire division focused on xrp adoption on both their Ledger as well as on Ether and R3.

fidget spinner coin

Why do u think fiats will die? I see bitcoin as a store of value, my personal bank vault. In future paund of banans will most likely be priced $1.99, and ypu can pay it in bitcoins or dollars.. They will live side by side

well thats what i was thinking, i was talking about their value in 5 years time

I've always thought that eventually fiats will fail

before i got onto crypto currency i was buying gold

A lot of people think that on this board. In my opinion BTC is like

said, your personal bank vault/ultimate offshore account.

Redpill yourself on going back to /pol/ and also the best way to neck yourself

>. It's inflationary as there is no set amount of them.

Please do your homework. Ethereum is coming exponentially harder to mine every day, and soon it's totally useless to mine it = no more coins.

Do your fucking research

Here's a redpill

Dumb shits who keep regurgitating the same misconjectures re. XRP are about to miss out on 300% profit over the next couple months.

Best thing I've done since all the newshits have invaded this board over the last 3 months is completely ignore everything posted here. This board used to have a few people who knew what they were talking about. Now it's just an ignorant shitheap.