Is this true

is this true

an assumption based solely on the rsi, or just one indicator in general, is not fully reliable

I hope this happens so I can buy in.

if you can plug a formula into graphs and rely on it, wouldn't you think everyone would be rich?

cope

your iq is very low please keep trading your crypto at a loss and eventually kys

why are you bullying me

cheapdots?

Experts were saying we were entering a bear market in 2016, we didnt

> look at this line shit

is TA the meme of the century?

The whole concept of pretending to predict graphs is a fugazi that traders and economists use to try and convince people their jobs aren't pointless

Yes, the only time tutes take it seriously is in the backdrop of fundamentals. I work on wall street and we look at technical analysis to help us with key breakout points. I.e. consumer data and wage growth has been weak, valuations are at all time high, vol at all time lows with crowding on one side. If the indices break a key technical level one way or the other, it can be *helpful* in ascertainining where it's all headed, especially as algos are increasingly triggered to recognize this in the backdrop of data similar to the aforementioned. Now what is important to understand is btc might dip, sure, but the market is only getting it's bearings. What we face is regulatory headwinds which will cause minor setbacks but for most people on this board, fucking buy and hodl until it hits mass adaption. In my experience, the "educated" and some folks who are cognizant of changes in the world are piling in, but true normies are clueless, including the normie gamers that sold me my amd 580s last weekend

I do want to mention that the financial advisors, traders and tech guys in my NYC office have begun to chatter heavily about cryptos but are still struggling to even determine how to purchase. I spoke with an executive in our office recently about his work. I won't name my bank, but we are doing some real work on blockchain tech. His view is people investing in cryptos don't understand what they're buying and the banks are interested in distributed ledger tech, not cryptos right now. We are in the non sexy infrastructure stages with 12-18 months to completion. Cryptos may be adapted, but our goal is to push new bonds "smart bonds", equities, and derivatives over distributed ledger (dao). I can post more provided interested when I get home as I'm headed out.
Inb4 shill/larp

Massive larp going on right here.

But seriously, we going ironbull in 12-18 months is your prediction?

Can you please go through some of the details of how these instruments would work, and are they being based around smart contracts?

How do I make money off this move desu

Also while you're here, can you point me in the right direction how to improve reading these charts? Does it even help?

On the off chance you're not LARPing, you should know that Kazakhstan beat you to it, and their central bank is issuing blockchain-based bonds.

Jesus. Outperformed by fucking Kazakhstan. What is that even like?

Jeez I wonder what ETH drew that one up.

There was someone who claimed to be working at a blockchain tech place. They said IBM was getting involved with banks to an extent, I suspect banks won't directly use things like ethereum, they'll get other companies to create blockchain infrastructure for them.

This tbqh

From the outset I've not understood why people are conflating the potential of blockchain tech with a rise in the value of blockchain-based currencies.

If big-business is interested in blockchain, it will develop it's own tools/tokens....not piggyback on [shitcoin flavour of the month].

This isn't a larp, I don't know why people think it is. The minute I learned about crypto I immediately predicted smart contracts would be applied to derivatives like futures. It's perfect, but I'd really like to get down to finer detail of how it's being implemented, and what are the comparative benefits.

Can you guys ELI5 this for me—how does a bond via smart contract work? Doesn't it still require the solvency of the government? Does anything really change in practice?

I hope banker user returns, I'm looking forward to it.

Trend analysis is literal meme magic

If you get enough to believe it and they act on it, eventually it will be reality

So it all depends on how many people believe this individual

The coupon payments and eventual repayment would be routed to the appropriate address by the overseeing computer (using crypto), with all records of changes in ownership, and periods left to be paid updated on the ledger.

I will post some graphics that our CTO/CIO offices put together later that explain how they want to implement "smart bonds". Nothing will really change. The cryptocurrency space will concurrently emerge as a new market if it is allowed to, the banks aren't touching it until it can clear regulatory hurdles. The primary focus, for now, is eliminating counterparty and operational risk via distributed ledger. Will post more when I'm done with work.

Awesome, I feel so vindicated, I knew I wouldn't be the only one to see this potential.

>he says as he post on a board that literally draws lines and says this is sign it is a meme triangle, or some other pseudo-economic bs to tell people to buy

>not trusting the memes

dude you need to piss off

>If you get enough to believe it and they act on it, eventually it will be reality
This. TA in a nutshell. This doesnt predict things like major social upheavals that might drive people to buy BTC.

>How do I make money off this move desu

You don't. The banks will never let you or me profit in this life.

>turns out it's true

well

triangle analysis is real, faggot

anyone else taking a fat short on this crash?

>0.0
>fat

tfw you think it's over

it's just barely started retard

how do i margin trade

do i buy XRP now?
STR?

clam? god

bitshares

bump

>Trend analysis is literal meme magic
Perfect and true post, should be fucking pinned

go to poloniex margin trading wtf

and I've already shifted back into long positions so yeah go ahead, was too trigger happy on calling a bigger drop

what?

are you asking me what to buy? Just buy XRP and STR. I would probably short both of those, but I'm more confident in XRP and STR heading up

sorry for hijacking thread OP, and tl;dr TA isn't a meme, a lot of indicators have their roots in differential calculus, the trendlines and patterns of TA are what most people get exposed to on here (and in their daily lives) and they're often done very poorly, but what their essentially try to find to find are different forms of support and resistance points. Mean reversion is also a key thing to look out for. Never base judgements on few indicators, and pay attention to fundamentals.

is a 94.07% margin safe

*what they're essentially trying to find

Can you go more into detail or post some sources on why TA is more than witchcraft? I'm genuinely interested. Is there any statistical evidence that any given set of indicators is sound and reliable?

you want statistics to tell you if statistics work lol