Matthew 29:9

>And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven

Have you ever referred to the man who sired you as "father"?

No I call him dad

OP's verse is about spiritual fathers. One spiritual father. So you're not to call any man your spiritual father.
Also, you just argued against Jesus.

No because my dad loved me and didn't want me to turn into an autist

So at this point we're all on the same page correct? Catholics pretty much just do whatever they want and pay zero attention to the Bible.

Yep

>OP's verse is about spiritual fathers. One spiritual father. So you're not to call any man your spiritual father.
you call a priest father LITERALLY because he's not your real father but rather your "spiritual father"

i sometimes feel like catholics know they aren't real christians and just regardless feel like it's a good traditional idea to follow the pope and stuff

The pride and hubris of the Catholic Church disgusts me. Its dedication to opulence over spirituality has proven that it is a dead, dessicated husk which has lost all credibility and really exists in its current form to enrich and aggrandize those who are its leaders.

Essentially, but you're going to get a lot of angry replies here.

What you said is mostly right though. They firmly believe in what they're doing, but it's a church dedicated to its own enrichment and PR.

But what organization isn't?

>But what organization isn't?
This is true, but they should be held to a higher standard. I said and so was up in the more the forties they control vast swathes of people period basically always southern Europe all of South and Central America. These are mostly poor impoverished people who look to the church for guidance and sadly actually believe their lies.

But woe to them on the day of
Judgement, for it is written (James 3:1) >Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that we shall receive a harsher judgment.

what about my biological father?

>If you address your papa by father, you go to hell
>not reading the Bible metaphorically
You protestant cucks are so retarded

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT ACTUALLY MEANS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT IT SAYS!

Silly Protestants why would you think that it means what it says and no the opposite? You just don't have a blessed father to interpret it for you!

Shaking my head to be honest with you family.

>Jesus' commands are metaphors when it's convenient
"Tradition" everyone!

>if you don't interprete a translation of a translation into modern vernacular in my special way then you are wrong

Let's take this moment to thank Martin Luther for this utter shitshow

That's not at all what was posted. Literal and metaphorical interpretations can be translated into many ways. However the wide gulf between literal and metaphorical still exists.

Your post would only make sense if there was an argument over the interpretation of a mutually agreed metaphorical interpretation.

>translation of a translation
Maybe when you're reading the Vulgate based DR, but my bible is translated directly from the Greek.

I know protestants are happy to take a single sentence out of context and go wild, but it's abundantly clear this is a metaphor, considering Jesus also "forbids" calling others teacher and master, while all three words continue being used to refer to others elsewhere in the Bible, both by Jesus and by apostles.

>Jesus was wrong
You're not Christian

No one said that you moron.

But a priest is not your "spiritual father". You just call them father as a sign of respect. Nobody thinks that the Priest is responsible for your salvation or the creator of all life on Earth. Stop whining about semantics.