How the fuck does this "split" work?

How the fuck does this "split" work?

Do people seriously get to double their money? Hw the fuck does that many any sense???

So coins can just copy and paste, and make new moneY??

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@jimmysong/uasf-bip148-scenarios-and-game-theory-9530336d953e
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you have an apple... no, you have a tree... no... hm.

you will get coins on both BTC and BTU but the price will be halfed. you'll have the same value at the very first second, and then the fun starts.

no split will happen
it's basically like the Y2K thing
it will be ok in the end, BTC will rise, and people will be saying that everyone was exagerating but they knew nothing would happen in the end

medium.com/@jimmysong/uasf-bip148-scenarios-and-game-theory-9530336d953e

Use sources outside this Veeky Forums diarrhea.

Educate yoself niggaz

Also, invest in ANT

I just read your OP again and realised how retarded you are. So here a little of a metaphor for your monkey brain.

You have coins, we call them red coins. They can be used in red shop to purchase goods. Now the owners of red shop fell out and created blue shop and green shop (1st August).
They will both accept your red coin forever. However, once you used your red coin, your change will either be in blue coin or green coin. You cannot spend your red coin on both.

However, exchanges need to pick a side to continue their business. So make sure your BTC is in cold storage so it remains “red coin“ until you decide which chain you want to spend it on.

That's why there is ETC and ETH btw

This analogy is inaccurate. Once the red shop falls out all of your red coins are replaced with blue and green coins. So say that you have 100 red coins, once the split happens you will have 100 blue and 100 green coins(provided you have them in your private wallet, exchange makes no such guaranted). Thing is that one of those coins is likely to go down in value to practically nothing.

So red coins become exponentially valuable as time goes on? Basically we should hodl?

There will be no red coins, he fundamentally does not understand how a fork works.

if it splits the coins will go down in value dramatically. no one is doubling their money.

not rue you will have both blue and green when in splits

>if bitcoin fixes the fuckups people have been wanting fixed for over a year the price is going to crash
I really don't get this thinking.

Why would people keep buying the shitty non segwit version?

It shouldn't even be a question of which chain will survive.

it will work like eth and etc did

bitcoin will basically be replaced by two coins, bitcoin unlimited (miner coin) and bitcoin segwit (user coin)

so yes, if you have 5 bitcoins now, they will be replaced by five of each new bitcoins

what you do with those coins are your choice, as no one knows which one is going to be used, and if bitcoin still has a place as the trading standard in exchanges, as the first few months are going to be incredible volatile for both sides

If i held bitcoins, i'd sell 50% and shove it into ethereum for gains, or usdt if you want to secure your gains, keep the rest and hodl both coins

What if we keep our BTC in a paper wallet ""off the grid"", what will happen to them then?

So basically keeping BTC in a paper wallet will be like a "non-existent" coin until you cash them in, where they become half 'miner' coins and half 'user' coins, and these separate coins will have potentially different values rather than something like a stock split?

How will this be reflected in my BTC wallet? I use electrum.

The article this user posted says to be very careful about transacting bitcoin after August 1st. I'm about to just say fk it and trade all of them in for ETH and ARK if bitcoiners are really going to be aping out on each other around then, fuck this noise, goddamn caveman coins man

Should I just yolo dump all 136 of my BTC into Stratis lol?

The private key is from before the split, so it will be in both versions of the blockchain, so you can separately spend it on both btc forks. Jesus christ do you fags even know what a blockchain is?

>Calls OP retarded
>Proceeds to explain the situation completely wrong

This board, seriously

I think that's ballsy as fuck buy yolo you could hit it fucking big.

So the amount on the private key won't change, but it's probably going to be halfed in value anyway?

No.

The blockchain is essentially just a ledger.

The ledger gets duplicated and now there are two different ledgers , essentially two different coins, both have your wallet on.

Yeah but you are assuming things won't go smoothly for bitcoin and price won't explode because of segwit.

Anyone who's about to sell BTC because of Muh fork should really consider the fact that you won't be able to buy it back until exchanges get their shit together. So you have a risk of missing the fucking moon.

Ah, alright, thank you, this makes a bit more sense. So the amounts are effectively doubled then

>So the amounts are effectively doubled then
Yes it's like you've got balances on both, but the idea is one of them will quickly die.

aaah, you guys are morons. literally morons.
Google it and stop shitting here

this thread is embarrassing, they seem oblivious to the DAO incident