L

Daily reminder that crypto currency is for loser

then what do the non losers invest in?

Daily reminder, stay poor gramps

The year is 2035
"Why does that man live in a dumpster?"
"Nocoiner son, sad story"

Real winners invest in index funds, you can expect a stable -10 to 10% return per annum depending on market conditions.

>10%

>tfw index funds are in a bigger bubble than crypto

>10%

>10%

Tfw this is literally true

>10%
Nigga I made 900% from shitcoins in a week, fuck off

this is so funny......10%......

COPE
O
P
E

People shitting on this with >10% probably don't have a lot to lose.

If you have a shitload of money already (you're a winner) then you don't blow it on cryptospeculation, or if you do, you only invest a small amount in it.

>10%

as if 10% wasnt funny enough
>-10%

yeaa

Why do you need to have 100% of your wealth in crypto? I have about 10% in crypto and the rest in other asset categories, mostly stocks and physical investments. Do you all have a 1000 dollar net worth? I couldn't see risking all I have on crypto

Made 3600% from Ethereum this year, 5k into 150k. Cashed out to, oh and did I mention 0 tax. Faggot.

>thinks short term luck with speculation = long term investment results.

Anyhow - That's actually amazing and great to see you were able to turn $5k into $150K

Just as a Veeky Forums bro, I'd caution you on a confirmation bias.

Lots of people have made great returns on bubbles in the past and, unfortunately, mistook their good luck for great skill.

I'd recommend putting some of that cash in savings and investing about half of it in either real estate, a residential mortgage reit, a residential reit, an international growth ETF or some version of all of the above.

Then you can take 10-20% to put into further crypto speculation.

this. People who invested in tech in 1997 made a lot of money. Looking back on the chart now people say "why didn't they just sell when they were way up?" That may or may not be you right now. I haven't seen anybody in Veeky Forums able to assign a fundamental value to any coins, its all just shitposting and frogposting

I agree on real estate, I do not agree on ETF. The stock market is going to crash again and this time it will be a lot worse. I watched my parents wipe 30% off their stock portfolio (approximately 400k) in a week. Stocks are more speculative than the coins I'm currently invested in. The only way I will ever trade stocks is if I have inside trading knowledge, my friend's dad is a CFO of a uranium mining company and when I was first getting into investing he told me to stay the fuck away from stocks.

a reit etf owns a bunch of stocks of real estate investment trusts (reits) that own a bunch of different real estate each. This is called spreading the risk. It is easy to check the underlying value of the real estate that makes up each trust and then the trusts that make up the etf. This is why I recoomend this...if you buy the real estate directly, you have to manage it. A trust does that for you.

The point is, there is a housing shortage in most metro areas. rents are skyrocketing and the horizon for enough affordable housing in most metro markets is 7-15 years away due to zoning issues, demographic tastes and construction lags. this is my reasoning.

Mortgage REITs are able to leverage arbitrage between mortgages as rates rise...basically, they borrow at today's low rates and then lend at tomorrows higher rates. There is more risk here because it is more leveraged and if the economy slows, rates wont rise as quickly. But the leverage provides increased opportunity as well.

The US is way over built with commercial space and this prove to be more so and more and more businesses need less space and retailers close. That is why I say stick with residential.

Thanks Jim Cramer

Also, I have $148,000 in my company 401k. I just moved my allocation from 60% domestic stocks (S&P, Russell ETFs) to 20% domestic funds and increased my reit holdings to 30% and my international etf holdings to 35% with a bias toward emerging markets.

The emerging market bias is based on crypto providing financial stability and access to investment options for the "middle class" in these markets.

So, in a way, I am still betting on crypto.

Also, I own a rental duplex, a pension plan and another $40k in an IRA that is invested in depressed energy stocks, a land trust that pys 7% dividends, a mortgage reit that pays 12% dividends, and a couple of speculative pharmas.

Plus $25000 in currencies. QRL is my big winner this week, but I only bought $750 worth so I'm up 100% on that

>10%

nigger I made 10x gains since April

wagecuck babygains cope

>$148,000 in company 401k

hello oldfag

it is true.

I have also lived through 3 bubbles so have a bit of perspective.

All I am saying is that in the 90's I knew plenty of high rollers that confused their luck of buying into a huge rising market with wisdom or insight and made huge gains on margin.

Then the crash came and they were still on margin and lost most of it because they didnt diversify.

In the 00's, same thing with real estate. People thought they were so crafty buying into a soaring real estate market. buying houses with 120% mortgages and flipping them 6 months later for 30% gains. Doing this with 3,4, 5 houses at a time.

Then all of a sudden they were holding bags for overpriced houses they couldnt sell and mortgages they coulnt pay

make hay while the sun is shining Veeky Forums bros. Just pull some gains to hedge your bets.

nice bait.jpg

It's a shame people try to shit on someone with real life experience trying to give them genuine advice

yeah it's pretty dumb to invest more than you can afford to lose in a market like this

it's good to keep some perspective and step back to see what would happen if the coins lost most of their value overnight

Why would I listen to some boomer when I've telling them to buy bitcoin since 2011 while I was ridiculed?

Now I have more money than them after years of slaving while i've always been a NEET and will always be.

I still tell them to get in because it doesn't even has begun but I just give up at this point.

Yeah buddy everyone on Veeky Forums bought bitcoin in 2011 nice LARPing

Thanks user :) slack?

Yes, if it ETH