RGT - Robinhood General Thread

Good doggo edition

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Previous thread: It's dead

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/w/warrant.asp
blondertongue.com/2017_infocomm_show_exhibitor_preview_-_booth__3661/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the rate of return on something like this?

MBOT is my top pick for today.

Reminder to watch the fed's rate hike decision today at 2:00 for the release, Yellen to speak at 2:30
some people are lucky to break even

This doesn't seem any better than crypto, I guess. Will keep looking.

crypto is still horribly slow to get in and out of, buying and selling is still archaic and slow. Also a lot of wallets are notoriously crooked and fuck their purchasers. They just don't have the regulations that the SEC forces companies to adhere to

Ah, well. I guess it's not so bad then.

that is one well trained doggo i must say

Get in OCN quick mah noggas it's goin to $5!

Who here got fucked on Cel-Sci?

LINU

fuck CVM dude

Where's the DXTR guy

he should be here for this lol

ALO

yall need to get out of moms basement and get a job so you can afford a real trading platform like etrade or sterling, ur literally never going to make any profits using this free nigger platform
your all faggets who cant trade for shit

lol most of the people in this thread do use bigger platforms you cuck

>You need to man up and get a REAL broker

When will this meme die? The only downside to RH is the shitty graphing. A problem that is easily remidied. Shoo shoo commission jew.

;)

The 0 commissions is really nice. I love my interactive brokers because of the news and scanner not to mention speed

What I do like about RH is how cheap it is to trade penny memes. My IB is a little expensive on those

Also if you guys can afford it Google is on sale atm.

yeah, plus if you have less than $25k to trade with, it really helps to have the extra day trades. trade memes for free with RH and do more serious stuff elsewhere. it's not that crazy

Lol

Lol

Lol

Lol

Lol

GPSI

What are the new memes? Preferably something I haven't heard before.
>inb4 cvm

wtf is this? it doesn't even have enough bars to make a chart

CDOR has taken a beating this year, but its at a good price to buy and comes with a 7% dividend. Sit in it for a while and you'll get a good return eventually when you decide to sell it.

My plan for today:
>Hold some UVXY
>Short some oil
>wait for 2 and be ready to buy JNUG or JDST

What is everyone else watching?

I'm watching my bitcoin shit stocks get BTFO. Going to load up more as these things fall.

its meme magic

(;

Picked up some GUSH, it's at a low right now, hoping to swing it in the coming days

>wait for 2 and be ready to buy JNUG or JDST

Lol

the oil world isn't looking too good

>OPEC can't agree on anything
>huge resistance at 55 dollars
>trump says we should sell half of our oil
>out of paris climate agreement
>YUGE glut

Lots of oil hitting the market with nobody to buy it

Also, are you agreeing with me about JDST and JNUG

MGT is up tho?

Well I'm only risking 100. I'm hoping it's at an inflection point even if just for a couple days as a dead cat bounce

>Rate hike
Yeah I'm watching that closely today. I'm thinking I'll only play dust long or short to keep commissions down

When to sell NVDA?

be careful. Look at the daily chart for crude. If it drops below 44, it's off to the races down to 35. Literally no support below that point. Crude is spring loaded ready to freefal

Never.

They are front and center at the coming A.I. revolution

Lol

Lol

CERU my nigga

I've got a stop in place already

Thanks for the heads up though

yeah no problem dude

I see a JDST scalp coming soon. Setting my buy stop at 61.45, only gonna hold an hour tops if it gets filled

Are you memeing on me user?

Nice trips.

Depends but I'm doing good over 3 months. Hope I don't fuck it up.

Could you share some of your plays and the process you used?

Lol

Most of my trading has been warrants. They're predictable over a couple of days. I buy the dip and sell the next day so I don't get flagged as a day trader. I also made ~200% on a stock I was holding in one day, but that was mostly luck. I knew it would go up but not like that. Either way I couldn't trade likevthis if I was paying commissions. I'll take what I learned here and go big one day.

Thank you. If you could, could you expound upon how you knew the stock that went up was going to do so? Value investing (reading financials etc) or chart prediction? Order books?

HUSA pls no

Should look into RPRX, pharm company at trial 2 and volume has been picking up from the morning

I was holding a warrant when they announced an asset sell off. Shit jumped 450%. I got out at 200% though. Still was a crazy ride.

>APVO

Could you help me understand how warrants work with RH? I'm a newbie and that's not something I've come across. Thanks for all your insight so far

investopedia.com/terms/w/warrant.asp
They can explain it better.

I like it cause they are cheap. I don't have a lot of money to invest so I can buy this and make some money. It also helps me learn limits.

Basically I watch it for a while and mark the highs and lows. Then I set a limit order to buy it at its low, then turn around the next day and set a limit order to sell it at its high.

BDR

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

yes, i'm aware that i've made terribly uninformed decisions but i'd just like to share my plight. a couple of these were free stocks, also

Ok, I understand that. So warrants are offered on RH like regular stocks, and you watch their pattern as per how you described it, no? Like with FPP+, is the + what makes it a warrant in the ticker? Again, thanks so much for all the help

Damn man, I liquidated light bridge after a 5%, fuck that meme

NMM, NAK, and LTBR are good long term holds. Don't freak when your long term holds decrease in a week

>tfw 95% of threads on Veeky Forums are about shitcoins now
>only thread for stocks is Robinhood General

hmm, this board sure has changed in the past year or two since I've been here

Anyways, how hard do you guys expect the rate hike to hit the stock market, specifically the S&P 500?

This is all meme shit. You need to get some BDR in that portfolio. BDR has a 4 million market cap and has actual products that work great. blondertongue.com/2017_infocomm_show_exhibitor_preview_-_booth__3661/

>DXTR

Have faith user!!! That gentleman yesterday said it'll climb to .40!!! ;))

The cost to develop pebble is in the billions, where do you think they will get that cash? Not only that but I don't even see revenue in the next year or so

Every single thread

Yeah I remember the both of you lol. For what it's worth, I didn't buy on that user's recommendation, I picked it up like two days ago while it was still on its way up.

I've been holding these fuckin NMM's for months, I hate even looking at them anymore. I'm still feeling good about NAK and LTBR though, I got into both on a pretty decent price.

Get out of here

If you want a 20% ROI, $ROX has you covered. Alcohol industry veterans with promising earnings report later today with a continuous climb past present and future.

Tl;Dr buy ROX (1.70 pps, expect 2.00 soon)

god damn im fucking up so hard lately

oversleeping
trading poorly

ive been trying to quit cigarettes the past week so i think that is a major cause of my mistakes

JUST

SOMEONE GIVE ME A MEME PLEASE

BDR is even better than memes. So you should buy BDR.

I gave you guys one earlier that's gone up almost 300% since I posted it.

theres no volume...

GPSI?

good luck selling at a profit
the bid is .0218, the ask is .0638

thats a gigantic spread man
no thanks

the price didn't go up some sucker just got memed for 60%

up 300% on 200 dollars of volume and 200% bid-ask

W E W

E

W

what do you think of IRBT

is it overvalued

I want to short it

I've produced more then half of the volume for BDR today.

economy is too weak to warrant a rate hike. cheap borrowing is what inflated the market in the first place. i think the only reason they're raising rates is to give themselves room to lower them once again. buy silver/gold

thats not good dude!

I've done this with SPEX

I don't know what to feel

I'm also holding SPEX

I want to stop holding this fucking bag already

Have you been following them? Their revenue is steadily growing, and CEO, director and CFO bought share. They are also branching out more and making deals that guarantee income streams

somebody short ltbr so i can buy in for cheap

kek I just realized I own 0.15% of SPEX

Why are you investing into an infinitely diluting stock?

serious question

Lol

god damn I am glad I closed my TSLA short when I did

its really gonna go to 400 huh

unbelievable

Give evidence of it going up. Volume is half of avg and earnings report with nothing special

hey whens the FED announcement

soon right?
2pm???

gold is spiking in anticipation...

are they going to be able to raise rates??

very scary

I'm all in on DRYS and SNAP
thoughts?

I have the trigger on JNUG/JDST

same here. hope my trigger doesnt get hit before 2...

whats your guys buy triggers at

21.45/62.72

do you think big sharks might try to trap people within first 10 mins after decision?