Mining Etherum on one RX480

Is this worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethermine.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes as long as your electricity isn't too expensive.

Calculate your electricity costs. I use solar panels so electricity is not an issue for me.

you should dual mine eth and decred

Cost per KW/h is about $0.05. Is it still ok?

How do I do that?

i use nicehash but im sure u can just set up 2 miners

you're sitting pretty @ 5c. I'm paying .22 and it's still profitable. But only because I don't have an A/C struggling to keep my temp down.
The real question is how long can the price stay high? It'll take you at least 2 months to mine a single Ether at this point and maybe even longer if people keep adding rigs. There's a good chance that by 2 months from now, the ETH bubble will have popped. At that point, you're left with an ether that's worth less than your electricity costs. It's a gamble.

bump

>There's a good chance that by 2 months from now, the ETH bubble will have popped.
Why? I was looking at eth as a 2-5 year long hold to see it go to current btc levels.

its worth it.

at this rate 2-5 years it will be worth more than 10x bitcoins current price.
now i know that may not mean what its suppose to mean to you but if you distance yourself emotionally from your coin of choice for a moment you'll start to see the gigantic elephant in the room

I've been mining for about 20 minutes.
How do I check if earn anything?

Draw your own conclusions, but I'm not seeing the long term value of a Turing Complete smart contract. I grant that I may be completely wrong, but I'm not convinced of the novel utility of ETH long term.
Not to mention the other challenges facing ETH. I could list the issues but I'll just get accused of FUDing. I guess this is my long winded way of saying read and come to your own conclusions. And seek out voices you disagree with. I was a huge ETH shill till I started evaluating other people's criticisms without bringing in my own emotional baggage. I still have some ETH since it may still grow a little, but I sold most of my stash for greener pastures.
Good luck user, it's the wild west!

You get better results farming shitcoins like Musicoin.

>it's the wild west
No shit. I bought $4k worth of eth at $40, hoping it'll go up to $4000 in a couple of years but who knows? Looking good so far though but I don't know yet when to cash out.

Join a pool, solo mining is luck reliant on something as big as ETH.

How do you join a pool after getting the right hardware?

ethermine.org/

So, let's say I don't pay for electricity.
Is Mining always profitable for me, then?

Canadian I assume? It costs around 70CAD a month with 5x RX480s and you can get the money back in like 2 months of mining.

Basically, yes. But join a pool and the returns will be good. I make 50€ a month just by letting my computer on by night.

The only elephant in the room is your faggots delusions of what ETH actually is and it smells like shit.

>Bubble popping

You didn't even mention POS desu.

Awesome, I found a value item while working as a housekeeper. No one came back for it, so I kept it. I think I can sell it for enough money to get 21 AMD 580x.

I did some calculations earlier on, and it said this could generate me around 30k a year. If true, it's truly life changing stuff. It's hard to believe this shit is real desu.
Would you recommend the 580x over the 480x? Also, thanks and good luck, user.

>I make 50€ a month
What hardware do you use? And is that 50$ worth of ETH a month?

Doesnt matter how much money you have. You will not be able to get any RX 580 until August.

580 is shit compared to 480

I'm using ethermine.org and I've got 4% stale shares all the time. Is this normal

yes

How come? If it's due to power usage, that wouldn't be an issue. Now, if it generate sless Mh/s, then I won't get the 580x.

Why is it shit?

Think AMD Vega might be worth the wait?

You can get it end of the june dude
Why are u lying

Could I mine with my GeForce 1070?

yes

It's not. It just runs at higher clocks and voltages which you need to adjust.

Wasted it you faggot.

>post number
It has been decreed. Keep mining, fellow Veeky Forumsantine

I see, thanks.

WASTED

at least it wasnt another buy dgb post