Hodl

>Aug 1st will destroy BTC!
>ETH is gonna pop
>ICOs are worthless
>Shitcoins won't survive
>USD will collapse

All possible, all true possible. But being in this for a long time now, I give you newfags (and some retarded oldfags) the single best advice you will ever be given here:

Sit back, hodl.
Don't try to maximalize your profits. Don't catch falling knifes, don't buy rumours or sell news, don't buy low sell high.
Just sit back and hodl. You will be the winner in a years time, promised.

>>Aug 1st will destroy BTC!
>>ETH is gonna pop
Source?
Also which wallet do you use user to hold both btc and eth?

Google BIP148 UASF or ETH bubble or lurk a bit around here.

Paper wallets or ledger / trezor

any opinions on the exodus?

If btc forks will both forks contain the same amount of btc as before the coin forked?

Best way to set up a paper wallet?

Get a wallet you trust

Get backup seed

Cryptosteel

Just Hodl and check back after a month
Alrdy sold my ETH at $400 and $390

Never heard of. My suggested options are probably the safest when you know what you are doing as you don't have to trust a third party

Yes, you will have both when your coins were in cold storage

Bitaddress.org

Google for a guide

as always, manage your risk; never go all-in into anything no matter how many success stories you may hear for each one of those is offset by a thousand tragedies

I won't sell. I tried that a few times a while ago and ended up buying back less for the same USD.

OP has weak hands and must make threads like this to reassure himself he's not a bagholding cuck

Good advice, yes. I think of invested money as initial 100% loss. Spent on gambling fun.
It is hard at times though to not cash out and call it a day. I bought in very cheap.

>when you know what you are doing
not there yet man, still learning. exodus has good reviews but the biggest problem with exodus is that it's not open source.

Yup but I alrdy set my buy order at $325.
So either way I win

Eth news

Ledger Nano S or Trezor are worth their money if you consider holding a relevant amount

> no mention of Litecoin

Only in a hard fork

But with a strategy like that it might never go down that far (although I agree it probs will this time) and you buy back more expensive.
I just wanted to point out it is very risky and often backfires trying to time the market.

>holding a relevant amount
is 40K a relevant amount? I looked at these but want to use a quick software wallet until the hardware wallet arrives/when I order it.

I also hodl litecoin. Same applies. Might become the next bitcoin, might crash after bitcoin has segwit

yes duh

Is it worth $50 to you to secure 40k? I surely would.
Google storage options, benefits and disbenefits. Plenty of advise out there

>Is it worth $50 to you to secure 40k?
ok I see what you mean.
I'll order a hard wallet. What I don't understand about the hard wallets is that what happens if I lose the wallet?

>I'll order a hard wallet. What I don't understand about the hard wallets is that what happens if I lose the wallet?
i don't use one but i imagine you just have your seeds on a piece of paper in your safe/safe deposit box as backup

I already set my profit levels so it is all-good,
along with how much ETH I am buying.

If it is falling even moar, I will stock up for July

USD will collapse?

HOLD UP GUYS.
IF BTC AND ETH ARE CRASHING WITH EVERYTHING AROUND THEM, SHOULD I INVEST IN LITECOIN INSTEAD?

I've heard people FUDing the craziest shit man. But desu there are quite a few instances which could cause a severe inflation of fiat. Look at 2008, one of the main reasons bitcoin was created after all

Maybe 10% of your portfolio?
But Litecoin has its own issues and all coins are connected in one way or the other.
“crashs“ will be temporary

so I can't escape the crash?
Fine

Buy list:
GRC
FCT
Strat
GNT
ETH
DGB (Once it hits below 1000)

What does this mean for moon coin?

a couple thousand ARK bought at 29k a piece won't hurt either

check this user out, the absolute madman if not larping

stop telling people about grc please

check out byteball
if you buy some now, you will get 20% extra for free every month, the sooner you hold some, the better

>Both major cryptocoins crash
>No one trusts the technology anymore
>People are going back to fiat to avoid the worse
>Somehow you think investing in any cryptocoin in this scenario is a good call

If BTC and ETH both fall, everything will die in the process.

sorry but GRC is crashing with my hopes and dreams. It's happened 2 times now.
I bought in twice for this shitcoin. And DGB though...

The reason both would crash isn't because their technology is flawed. For BTC it's because of the forks and shit on 1st August. I don't know why people say ETH will crash. I suppose it could be because of the unsustainable growth right now.
But litecoin is neither so it should be fine

here's an interesting strategy for your consideration: stop speculating on something with an easily-calculable tangible value

This.
If there would be a crash, ETH and BTC would still be the safest bets. They will recover, some small alts riding the wave might not make it

>I don't know why people say ETH will crash

BTC is already functional. What about ETH? What can I do with ETH today besides trading?

Can you even tell me how does a smart contract work and how will Ether be used in the blockchain?

>litecoin is neither so it should be fine

What about the BTC will be really successful and makes LTC redundant?
No coin is safe, but the whole technology is. Spread your portfolio with a focus on the trusted big players on don't get scared in case of a 50% correction. We will get rich eventually

*BTC fork

>50% correction
Sounds like a time to dump and then buy back in once it corrects

>The reason both would crash isn't because their technology is flawed. For BTC it's because of the forks and shit on 1st August.

You are being incoherent. Forks are part of the technology. People will be thinking:

"How can I be assured that new forks won't happen to any other coin and make me lose everything just like it happened with bitcoin? "

BTC and ETH hold a lot of money right now. It would take many years to regain the public's trust again in cryptocoins.

Nobody loses money because of the fork.
BTC will simply double won't it?

Yeah but buying during the mess won't be neither safe or simple.

Id rather risk a correction than seeing an exchange selling me the wrong side of the fork.

That's not how forks work user.

There will be two chains, but one will be worthless.

yeah but there will the same amount of BTC in both chains

You got me fundamentally wrong. A 50% dip might occur once bitcoin reaches 10k and ETH 2k. Then you lost out big. Just hodl and sell once you want to leave the game. Don't gamble

>people think theres going to be a 50% "correction"
yeah that'll happen... a 50% incorrection, because bitcoin is going to be worth about £500,000 one day...

>There will be two chains, but one will be worthless.
And yet Ethereum (#2 market cap) and Ethereum Classic (#5 market cap) both came out fine.

Nice try, FUD. 9/10 for effort.

really?
There was no crash?
I guess I'll keep my BTC and ETH just fine

The community was less divided about that one.
Still, hodl on tight and we meet on the other side

>Don't try to maximalize your profits
That's where you are wrong kiddo.