Why do Protestant contradict the early christians so much

I am an Evangelical taking patristics in Cambridge.

Why is is that all the early Christians contradict protestantism so much?

Why do the early christians contradict Jesus so much?

because Paul was a lying piece of shit, he persecuted Christians like a mad man and then took charge of their teachings.

Nigger, I asked my professor about it and he said that most christians today don't even understand the New Testament

>most christians today don't even understand the New Testament
Catholics aren't Christian.

He is Presbyeterian

Specifics please.

In that pic for example is from 3rd century writer Tertullian. Notice how part of his customs not found in scripture involves making offerings to the dead. And to begin with, why must he tell us that some of the stuff the church does which, not from scripture is warranted by tradition?

I don't see protestants doing this sort of things

Protestants love the Old Testament, they don't care about the Cucktestament aka New Testament

PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO! PROTTIES BTFO RIGHT BRO! PROTTIES BTFO!

and her were refering to catholics

Protestants contradict the early Christians

Oh good, you're back
Now head on back to /pol/ Malaysiafriend

Not until I get an answer

Take this for example. I don't think protestants would do this

Here is your answer

Bearing false witness is a sin, Malaysian

How is he an early Christian you moron?

Except what I said is fact

Deal with it

The early Christians deny the five solaes

PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO PROTTIES BTFO

He's not a Christian at all, he's a Catholic

>early christians
>proddies
really makes me(you(me(me))) think

What about thisI am waiting

Proddies accept this?

What about this

I am waiting

>literally ignores the argument
Protestant logic 101

>be protestant
>contradict the early church fathers
Really makes you think

Because most protestant ideas and interpretations were formed during the Renaissance. There were some antecedents in earlier writers like Augustine but its mostly a product of the Renascence mind, certainly not from before the middle ages

Many protestants claim that they essentially purified Christianity to its earliest form. This makes no sense because by the time the scriptures were in wide circulation and widely agreed upon the Bishop/priest structure had already started to form and many of the things they condemn were already in practice, and there is absolutly no evidence their interpretations were in existence at those times.

If anything the earliest Christianity would like like Messianic Judaism and nothing like any modern sect.

How would it look like Judaism? The earliest sources we have for christianity are greek.

Because Protestantism, Martin Luther, and John Calvin were massive fucking mistakes who didn't understand their own religion.

There are also jews that speak the greek

Greek was the lingua franka of the eastern Mediterranean, that said while we know there were communities of Jewish Christians they left us less in terms of writings, or at least preserved writings

Archaeology and commentary from proto-orthodox Christian writers tell us they exited however

Isn't it a bit of a stretch, though, to say that the early jewish communities resembled any kind of christianity as it's known today? We don't know exactly what their beliefs and practices were and any second hand accounts of them might not be reliable, given the political climate. The only only such community I've heard of were the ebionites who saw jesus merely as a prophet and followed the levitical law.

Protestants aren't Christian

Its not my area of expertise but I know those for who it is insist these groups,the Ebonites being one of them existed and are probably older than Paul's interpretations

this

If you want a serious thread, you probably shouldn't be depending on a bunch of iPhone screenshots as your sources.

The early Christians invented this entire Jesus character.

Because what you call the early church is more accurately discribed as the writings preserved by the Catholic Church which was famed at that time for literally destroying works that it deemed disagreeable rather than the early Christian church ancient history 101

13. Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."