Cryptomining

Why doesn't anyone talk about mining ETH? According to profitability calculators, you can make 5 dollars a day with a $250 RX 580. Buy 6 cards and make 11k a year in passive income.

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/ethereums-big-switch-the-new-roadmap-to-proof-of-stake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

except PoS coming soon, difficulty skyrocketing, cards unavailable, etc

REMEBER TWO THINGS
ETH WILL SWITCH TO POS
MINING DIFFICULTY GOES UP OVER TIME MEANING 5 DOLLARS TODAY DOESN'T MEAN 5 DOLLARS IN 3 MONTHS

and electricity costs

ALSO THIS PRICK IS STUPID RUNNING ALL THAT SHIT ON 1000 WATTS

How profitable are asic miners like antminer? Been thinking of buying the latest biggest AMD card and hooking that up with more asics.

draw at the wall is 900 newfag

I have 40+ pieces of ancient 280x from the ltc days that I'm still running, been getting about 0.05btc per day after electric costs. And this is from mining zec, zcl plus other shit. 280x performs poorly mining eth.

But that is pocket change compared to the profits I've made from trading. Should have just pumped all that cash into buying btc years ago.

bubble is gonna burst soon son
you will mine ten times lower by then

Proof??

I've got only 4 cards on a rig and they're pulling all together like 5 hundo. You don't want to stress out your psu.

Can't tell if he's running molex to sata either which is dumb

500/4*6
not hard man

On top of all that shit I've had my RX 4 series spike at like 250 watts. It's not gonna fry the system immediately but if you got six and they're all spiking at the same time that's some fucking stress on the system.

That's if they're all the same card and they're all running consistently at the same fucking wattage. I get what you're saying bro but the card makes a difference. If you run 6 1080tis on a system you're gonna need some power. THe 970s, a 130 watt rated card, can run closer to 150-160 on some set ups with overclocks.

All you scrubs dont realize that there are ZERO RX 580s on the market.... Go ahead try to buy 6.

POS is in Jan 2018.....

You missed the boat. COPE

Switch to VERTCOIN. Mining will Never die.

>All you scrubs dont realize that there are ZERO RX 580s on the market
Why? Is it in such fucking demand that the whole supply was bought out by miners? And there are no other video cards?

Yes basically

There are no 470/480/570/580s in stock and wont be for the rest of the year due to memory production shortage.

Enjoy paying $350 for a $200 card

Whatever Amd cards u can find are too overpriced. Buy nvidia cards instead and mine equihash based coins. And then trade them for better coins if u dont like to hikd them. Even a 1060 or better gets respectable ethhash speeds for mining eth.

there are no rx580's available for less than 500 anywhere.

still, even at that price, you can build a rig for slightly under 4k. If your electricity costs about 10c a KW/h, the rig will pay for itself in about 100 days and then you are making bank, approx 1000 per month.

when eth switches to POS, you switch to something else, probably monero, but who knows.

I'm making $3 a day running Nicehash Miner. After electricity costs it's only like $1 a day but who knows what BTC will be worth one day.

r i p electric bill fagget nigger op

You'll go bankrupt when BTC drops my friendo

There is nothing passive about mining. Do you have any idea how many hours it takes to tweak everything. Then you have to watch it 24-7 as soon as something goes down that 5 per day goes down each second.

because there's no future in mining eth.
coindesk.com/ethereums-big-switch-the-new-roadmap-to-proof-of-stake/

Let's say I can get free electricity and can set up a few older desktops with older mid-tier 1gb GPUs. Is this worth it? Or is the hassle not worth the gains?

Probably not bud

I'm GPU mining with a couple of NVIDIA 970s, and I'm generating maybe $4-5/day, even at its worse (either DGB or DMD, depending on block finding rates). Furthermore, the cards run at around 210W, so that's maybe 5 KW/h a day, and even with my expensive California electricity (maybe 26 cents per share KW/h), that's only about $2.60 in electricity a day, leaving me with like $2 daily profit.

Ok fine, sure, it's peanuts, but at least I'm not losing money. And by generating DGB and/or DMD and HODLing, it'll pay off in due time just as well.

I've been doing this for the past 10 days, and have generated about 650 DGB and 10 DMD, which is about $40-$45, depending on current rates. I'll continue to mine for the rest of the month and see just how effective it is overall.

Under-volting and under-clocking things a bit isn't a thing apparently

Current DAG size means you need at least a 3GB gpu to mine ETH. Other mines can use a smaller card if you have them.