>tfw Zoroastrianism solves the God problem better than Christianity

Other urls found in this thread:

pyracantha.com/Z/convertz.html
youtube.com/watch?v=55InLTOzbo0
youtube.com/watch?v=XkQfp2GmZH4
sacred-texts.com/zor/sbe04/sbe0414.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Praise Ahura Mazda

We all know Zoroastrianism is the one true faith here.

There is no debate

is Zoro the one with the Light of Good verses the Darkness of Ignorance?
Seems pretty videogames, I can get behind it.
The only catch is, what are the rituals. I don't want to have to do any silly shit.

What's your opinion on fire?

all you have to do is keep a flame going for a really long time; like, eternity

>implying Zoroastrianism is not a simple baseline inspiring and developing Jewish and later Christian thought
>implying Christianity's developed theology is not the final evolution of Zoroastrian thought
>implying Christ Our Lord isn't also the Saoshyant

I live in an apartment though :(

zoroastrians are evil fire worshipper

Just use a candle and "transfer" the fire to a different candle every few days.

Christian Zoroastrianism/Mithraism when?

Veeky Forums used to be a lot more Zoroboo. What happened though? I guess the only religious threads that really take off are the controversial ones. Zoro threads also have little to no theological discussion. There's never really any practioner. The threads are reduced to a few "hurr durr based Zoroaster" statements, and that's it.

>tfw no Zoroastrian revival that replaces Islam

Get to it Iran.

>tfw you realize that Jews are servants of Ahriman.

A) Veeky Forums has a huge Muslim infestation

B) Zoroastrians are very few in number in the first place, especially Zoroastrians young enough and in developed enough countries that they would be posting here

C) Very little Zoroastrian information seems to exist in English currently, and a lot of what we have comes from the insular Parsis who do not evangelize

D) This is just speculation, but I have to wonder if Zoroastrian theology is really all that available in the first place. I imagine hundreds of years of Muslim oppression have gone very far to destroy and degrade Zoroastrian thought

>tfw i'm a Zoroastrian of European stock that abandonned the teaching of Jesus "turn the other cheek" Christ and his masochistic cult for Spitama "slay the wicked" Zarathustra and his Solar Warrior religion

>tfw no Zoroastrian Persian gf

I would be okay with this. it is hilarious how zealously the Persians persecuted Christians because they were an outside religion, but then they get ridiculously cucked by some weird offshoot Jew/Christian LARPers

Zoroastrian theology is a bit of a mess in English and I imagine it isn't super well preserved in Iran either.

So you're a faggot LARPer apostate then?

Post some content about Zoroastrianism.

Also tell us about your conversion process, seeing as some Zoro communities are against conversion.

I work as a waiter and my side quest is to keep all candles lit, does that count?

needs to be 24/7

>my side quest
Kek. I'd give you the title of honorary Zoroastrian if I were a fire priest.

I'm merely an Aryan who listen to the call of his blood and read a lot of Evola's books

I figured you'd read a paragraph from Doctrine of Awakening or Ride the Tiger or some shit like that.

Evola would mock you for being a gay LARPer, too.

Oh so you ARE a LARPer.

What's the benefit to converting to Zoroastrianism, as compared to other religions? Contemporary or historical, I don't care. I'm just wondering how Zoroastrian priests would go about converting others, like how Christian priests or Muslim Imams do.

sounds p epic 2bh like Exalted
t. Atheist

>tfw sometimes masturbate but it's classed as an unforgivable sin in Zoroastrianism

Oh..

I dont think they proselytize

>tfw sometimes masturbate but it's classed as an unforgivable sin in Zoroastrianism
Wait what?!

ABANDON THREAD
B
A
N
D
O
N

T
H
R
E
A
D

Ah ok well then Zoro is right out.
Sorry ahura mazda, too hard a sell there.

>Post some content about Zoroastrianism.
There are many passages in the original hymns of Zarathushtra, the Gathas, where the Prophet explicitly claims a mission to convert all people - not just Indo-Iranians. References to conversion occur throughout the Avesta and even in the latest book of the Avesta, written about 200-400 AD, the Vendidad. Scholars both Western and Zoroastrian have written extensively on the spread of Zoroastrianism to Armenia, Central Asia, and as far east as China; other historical texts and archaeological studies prove that Zoroastrianism had spread, through Persian traders, as far west as Asia Minor, Syria, and possibly even Eastern Europe. In lands bordering Iran, many people became Zoroastrians who were not of Indo-Iranian ethnicity. Even after the Islamic conquest, Zoroastrianism was still open to converts, especially servants in Zoroastrian homes who were adopted into the faith by their employers. The strict ban on conversion only dates from the nineteenth century AD.
pyracantha.com/Z/convertz.html

>Also tell us about your conversion process,

>Be me
>Read books about Race/Religion/Nationalism
>Read Evola
>Read Evola's Opinion on Zoroastrianism
>Read about the Nordic-Aryan religion
>Read that Zoroastrianism's emphasis on Truth, the victory of light, the Sun-Fire, and Asha mean that it is a pure Aryan-Active religion
>Read that Christianity is Lunar Religion based of meekness
>Become interested in Zoroastrianism
>Read the Gathas edited by Khosro Khazai Pardis
>Listen to Khosro Khazai Pardis
>youtube.com/watch?v=55InLTOzbo0
>Become Zoroastrian
>seeing as some Zoro communities are against conversion.

Mostly the Parsis, anyway i don't need their approval, and they will become most likely extinct because of their retarded costums

wtf I hate Zoroastrianism now

I will stop masturbating if Ahura Mazda gives me a qt Zoro gf tho

>Evola would mock you for being a gay LARPer, too.

Nope

He himself proposed to a chosen minority of Europeans to convert to Buddhism, he would approve my decision since himself hesitated about which way was the best for an Aryan person and Aryan Society to prosper.

You know Reza Jorjani? He has some uh, heterodox ideas about Zoroastrianism, to say the least, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=XkQfp2GmZH4

>Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds
>path of Truth
>Do the right thing because it is the right thing to do

Feels like a solid rubric, I don't need any of the supernatural parts or the candle stuff.

>saying "of European stock" instead of "European"
So you're an Ameriblob too.

Wanking is bad, but you're encouraged to fuck your wife as much as you want (and can).

I never got the point of the "Y-YOU'RE A LARPER" insult. OP converting to Zoroastrianism isn't "authentic" but you becoming an Orthodox monk after reading about how "based" Aquinas was on wikipedia isn't ridiculous? You might as well just put your fedora back on and stop shaving your neckbeard, you're just saying religion and spirituality are ridiculous and because you think so then no one else can be genuine.

Fucking religious hipsters are the worst.

Not them, but I Christianity is technically universalist, anyone not only can but SHOULD convert to it according to its own doctrines. Meanwhile Zoroastrianism seems to be tied to ethnicity a little too much.

>Meanwhile Zoroastrianism seems to be tied to ethnicity a little too much.
only with Zoros in India who promised to not proselytize locals

>Meanwhile Zoroastrianism seems to be tied to ethnicity a little too much.
No more than Judaism, Orthodoxy.

Also what is "too much"? According to whom? Is the opposite of "too much", too little, also problematic, or is it just problematic when it is "too much"?

>that it is a pure Aryan-Active religion
The Aryans who went to Persia mixed with mysterious indigenous inhabitants. It isn't any more aryan than Christianity.

Obviously it's subjective.

No it isn't, see .

Aside from secularism, the only reason Zoroastrians don't proselytize is because reverting/converting away from Islam is punishable by death in Iran. Plenty of proselytization goes on outside of Iran, it's just Zoroastrians are such a puny minority that "plenty" is miniscule.

sacred-texts.com/zor/sbe04/sbe0414.htm

Says it right here, in the beginning of the "unlawful lusts" bit.

It's a shame really, I began to really like Zoroastrianism but when I researched more into it and found that out, it was a sort of a low blow.

Still seems like a good religion though, the Abrahamic religions are basically plagirised copies of Zoroastrianism and concepts like the Devil and paradise (comes from Persian paradaesio) only started appearing in Jewish literature after they met Zoroastrians in Babylon.

I should stop masturbating anyway but I guess it's too late now lol, a qt Iranian/Parsi gf like pic related would've helped in stopping me use my weapon.

>Wanking is bad, but you're encouraged to fuck your wife as much as you want (and can).

I reckon it would be hard to find a Zoro wife if your parents aren't Zoroastrians.

No, i have never heard him but i like the title of the vid tho

Unless you're talking about more obscure yoga practices, no religion is going to approve lustful thoughts and sensual actions.

>no religion is going to approve lustful thoughts and sensual actions.

I don't mind that, I know masturbating is quite a dirty thing to do, but thing is, why is it "unforgivable" when shit like murder isn't? Really fires up my neurons.

>gnostic dualism

When will this meme die?

>"Let the worshippers of Mazda here bring the urine wherewith the corpse-bearers there shall wash their hair and their bodies!"'

Friend has this flag hanging on his wall, funny story.
>friend is a humanities student
>offered by his uni to attend a polsci conference about the middle east in Paris
>agrees, happily flies to France
>people pick him up, give him the flag and drive him to some square
>there is a protest
>"you will protest with us"
>"wtf, I'm here for a conference not for protests"
>"want a place to sleep? so stfu and protest lol"
>spends 3 days protesting for Persia in exchange for sleeping place and some food
>flies back home
>gives the flag to my friend who picked him up on the airport

>I reckon it would be hard to find a Zoro wife if your parents aren't Zoroastrians.
Yeah, they can't give their kids to marry infidels

>Plenty of proselytization goes on outside of Iran
Again, how does this go about? Do people convert on their own, or do non-Parsi Zoroastrians proselytize? What are the reasons people convert to Zoroastrianism as opposed to, well, any other religion?

The Vendidad is a late book influenced by semitic law of purity, you should really read the Gathas.

>Do people convert on their own
Apparently.

>do non-Parsi Zoroastrians proselytize
I have seen that, yes.

>What are the reasons people convert to Zoroastrianism as opposed to, well, any other religion?
You could ask that of any religion. To find meaning in life?

>You could ask that of any religion. To find meaning in life?
Well, what is unique or enticing about Zoroastrianism? For example, one might convert to Christianity for eternal salvation, to Buddhism to seek internal harmony, etc...

It seems like Zoroastrianism promotes wisdom, choice, and righteous action.

Right but on what basis are those determined?

What is Zoroastrianism's Ultimate Reality™?

Ahura Mazda the "Wise Lord" who represents all goodness and truth called "Asha".
Ignorance and evil is called "Druj"

No, Zurvanism solves it better

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Christianity already is heavily influenced and contains huge amounts of Zoroastrianism.

At least we have the Avesta. You can study the ancient babilonian religions to get a gist of what Zoroaster tried to streamline.

You cannot convert to Zoroastrianism. You are only born in it - they do not accept outsiders. This is another reason why Zoroastrianismis slowly dying.

If anybody accepts you as a convert in Zoroastrianism, you are entering a LARP group.

study harder. you see it as dualism because you are blocked in your westernized, category-bound though-patterns.

Well, Zoroastrianism was the first religion to introduce the concept of Heaven as we know it today in such a broad scope. Christianity took that all together.

this is actually a meme thread.

Zoroastrianism is (and mostly -was) an archaic, ethnic-bound religious reform made on top of Babylonian religions gone wild in blood-ritual-sex orgies by a ruthless military elite.

The interesting thing is that Zoroastrianism is such was so influential on abrahamic religions that you cannot talk of 5 words about them without 3 being zoroastric concepts at origin.

>on top of Babylonian religions
Spotted the retard.

Bunch of meme history retards that don't know anything about the religion or it's history jerking off to fairy tales.

>Again, how does this go about? Do people convert on their own, or do non-Parsi Zoroastrians proselytize?

People convert on their own, mostly. Trouble is, most Zoroastrian communities (and all of the influential ones) won't accept them: the most liberal ones say that it didn't count, but whoever let them in is not a sinner; hardliners say that Zoroastrians accepting non-Parsi and non-Zoroastrian-born people in their community are committing blasphemy, as everyone else is supposed to not know about Madza (or pretend they don't if they do, apparently).

>you have to be born into zoroastrianism
No, wrong. This is a false rumor based on zoroastrians that fled to India and asked the rulers to allow them to practice their religion in peace. The rulers said sure why not, and the zoroastrians didn't want to risk offending their new hosts so the instituted a self imposed rule there LOCALLY that you had to be born into the religion. This was not enforced by the Indian kings. There are many zoroastrian sects that willingly take in new converts.

even more if your wife happens to be your mother/sister

>You cannot convert to Zoroastrianism. You are only born in it - they do not accept outsiders. This is another reason why Zoroastrianismis slowly dying.

So

Vishtaspa conversion to Zoroastrianism was unlawful ? Same for the conversion of the Persians and their descents like the Parsis ?

>I don't need any of the supernatural parts

Bitch

Fuck off to Veeky Forums

>implying Manichaeism isn't the legitimate successor to Zoroastrian thought and the true endgame religion

Well we would have a better historical record to make that call but the Christians burned all the Mani books.

>expecting Zoroastrianism to replace Islam
>expecting anything to replace Islam
>expecting anything to withstand Islam

you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how Islam rolls.

You're delusional Achmed

We just need a few nukes and islam can be killed.

You sound like a fucking idiot.

Same shit aa wicca. A hipster faith for special snowflakes.

A "few" modern nukes will cause a sixth wave of extinction that would end anything that's bigger than a Corgi, you uncultured swine.

Just make them see the light of Atom.

you realise almost 2500 nukes exploded since the invention? Nuclear winter is a cold war meme

The lion and the sun is an Islamic device. The lion represents Ali, Lion of God, while the sun is Shams ad-Din, sun of the faith.

While it has been argued that it sort of kind of has a vague pre-Islamic symbolic (the sun being xvarenah) it still is a symbol made by the Islamic Safavids.

You'd be better off with Tajikistan's flag since it actually does have some Zoroastrian symbolic on it, and the president's standard is Derafsh-e Kaviani.

It wouldn't be a nuclear winter. Enough modern warheads exploding simultaneously would set the atmosphere on fire.

t. Abdul Mohammad

t. butthurt xstian

Destroying the Roman Empire and the Byzantine Empire didn't stop your semitic autism, now you side with the Arabs invading the West.

It's time to go back to our Aryan roots

>Christianity destroyed the Eastern Roman Empire
You make me glad Iran is a loathed pariah state that got rect by arabs.

>a false religion solves a """"problem""""" better than the actual truth
Huh.

I'm not Iranian retard

I'm just an European who recognized the Greatness/Aryaness of Zoroastrianism

>You make me glad Iran is a loathed pariah state that got rect by arabs.

typical christian glad to niggerize his fellow Indo-Europeans

>I'm not Iranian retard
Sure thing, Muhammad.

He's right you know

>fellow I do-Europeans
Wow. Next thing you'll tell me we should let millions of poos and pakis into our nations because they are "fellow indo-Europeans"

God is the answer, not a problem.

Amen bro

>God problem
>God
>Problem

Maybe humans are the problem?

God is the answer, but the evil God is the problem.

All praise Ahura Mazda

Zoroastrianism isn't Christianity, although i do feel some very thin link of brotherhood with other Indo-Europeans i will not turn the other cheeks and let them fuck my wife, unlike you, christcucks.

>larping this hard
>calling Christianity the problem as opposed to realizing Christianity is the natural evolution of Rome and that after centuries of competing with atheism, deism and Jewish subversion Christianity finally fell during the mid-20th century
wew

>the most widely followed religion in the world
>"fell in the mid-20th century"
What are you smoking?

Christianity fell because it is a cucked religion who tell you to turn the other cheek, pray for your enemies, and other kind of bullshit