This kills the banks

The Federal Reserve is announcing the first of several interest rate hikes today at 2pm EST. This could be 2008 all over again, the only difference is that we will be holding the decentralized currencies that disillusioned investors pour their hard-earned money into. God bless.

Perfect timing with this crypto bill they are working towards. Maybe they know it's inevitable.

We are about to get rich

first of several?

They have already hiked rates 3 times in the past 2 years lmao are you living under a rock?

Perhaps he means actual rate hikes. Not fractions of a percent.

Or very, very poor

They raised it by 25 basis points each time and will announce a raise of 25 basis points again today.

Newfag here, if we are holding cryptos aouldnt it be a bad thing? Could someone explain how it could be good? And if there is another crash what should i buy a house or more things to keep flipping like offices.

It's still abysmally low. In 2007 rates were 5.25%
Right now we're at 1%

>not shorting e-mini S&P 500 Futures 20 minutes before the announcement

I'm short 4 contracts, lets see how this goes.

Went short USDJPY at 110.293 before the Consumer Price Index release.

Basis points are fractions of a percent.

I've never gotten into FOREX, just recently moved from stocks to futures and am trying to get the hang of it. FOREX intimidates me a bit.

Well that didn't work out, I guess the rate hike was already factored in with the morning's sell off, prices actually went up after the rate hike was announced, kek.

I usually don't trade the Interest rate decision because I've notice the same pattern occur numerous times. They run stops below then squeeze the shorts or vice versa.

Yeah, that was some weird movement, hit my stop and got out at -$600. Looks like it was just a blip though as it's on its way back down now. Hopefully I'll be able to get my $600 back along with a few bucks profit.

APOLOGIZE

The next financial crisis will start soon. This one will be way worse than he one we had in 2008.

Doomsday is near!

D O O M

How much are you down?

I'm not down anymore, the uptick was just a ~10 minute blip and then the price continued on downward as expected. Bottomed out at 2425.75 and will likely creep upwards now until close.

And I'm done for the day, ended at $225 gross profit, most of that will be eaten by commission, clearing, and exchange fees though. I made some stupid mistakes that cost me and ended up making a lot of trades to recover from those mistakes. I've gotta get a lot more consistent before I consider trading futures full time.

>FOREX intimidates me a bit.
only a minority of very experienced forex traders make money, stay away from this shit

or use 1broker.cc and copy the good forex traders. They make some of your profits and you make 90% of them

I smell a long nose individual

Just something to consider. If you're willing to take a $600 loss, you could cut the contracts you're trading in half and be able to put your stop at a much more technically sound position (the green lines) with roughly the same amount of risk.

The blue line is your entry and the red your stop. Your stop wasn't that bad since there was a clear high at 2440, but that is extremely tight going into a large news event.

Yeah, I definitely should've started with 2 contracts like I usually do going into the news event and then picked up 2 more contracts later once I was confident in the direction things were going. I just got greedy and loaded up with 4 short contracts while hoping for the best. Obviously that's not a good strategy for long term success, I knew better but just couldn't help myself.

This. wtf are you talking about OP?

oh

>It expects to begin the normalization of its balance sheet this year, gradually ramping up the pace. The plan, which would feature halting reinvestments of ever-larger amounts of maturing securities, did not specify the overall size of the reduction.
Nice. Very nice.

Higher interest rates are healthy for the economy in my opinion. You gotta boom and bust, can't just always boom because the busts get much more catastrophic.

>20 trillion in debt
>increase interest rates a few percentage
>????????

That's exactly what I was thinking this whole week, user.
Crypto might really moon this time, it has never seen a world financial crisis before!
As normies get scared of banks and the stock exchanges, 1 BTC could even be worth 1 million USD, potentially.

The Cyprus bail-in made it go triple digit from mid 2-digit, and that was only one small nation.

LOL... this stuff is really beyond the comprehension of a newfag.
Especially economically illiterate like you.

Stay in real estate and just stack cash to buy some assets at the dip.
If you're not willing to learn on your own, bitcoin and stuff aren't for you.