What is American culture?

What is American culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=american culture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We made like
Breaking bad and spongebob

I'm not American but why does everyone assume that culture = pop culture? Of course American culture is real and distinct and it involves outright absurd shit like wearing shoes indoors and automatic tipping.

American culture

duh

I'm a Brit but I studied American history a bit at school and I guess I know a fair bit about your country.

Don't let anybody tell you that America doesn't have culture.

It is an attempt by (((them))) to make whites think that they have nothing to protect, and therefore multiculturalism is desirable and should be embraced.

No. You should defend the cultural heritage of America. You are the greatest white nation that ever existed (it used to be us, but unfortunately it isn't anymore). Defend yourselves at all costs.

>You should defend the cultural heritage of America.
Okay, so what is it?

Kick ass and chew bubblegum, and we're usually running low on bubblegum.

How about you define culture first so we can be certain as to what it is you are asking.

We lost what little culture we had after the south was razed in the civil war.

Cowboys, colonialism, Republicanism, etc.
It's a branch of British culture, yes, but it's a large branch. Lots of mix-ins from other cultures, mainly other European ones, as well as from the required habits of people who moved here, like living in huge, open, spaces. And a huge worship(not saying it's bad) of the Founding Fathers and the Republic.

>an entire nations culture can be summarized on the spot
neck yourself

burgers, guns and bald eagles

American culture is Western culture since we invented it in it's modern iteration. our ideals about government, personal freedoms, right and wrong, have been exported to the world through our media and adopted by every country that calls itself modern.

For that matter what is British culture? Or what is French culture? What is Dutch culture? What is Russian culture? What is Turkish culture? What is Botswana culture?

Consumerism
Mindlessness
Anti-intellectualism
Racism

You're living it.

All modern Western cultures resemble each other very closely because America sit down the template that everybody else follows.

There may be a funny hat here, or some weird food there, but essentially we're all the same.

American culture is an offshoot of English that was bred in the 18th century in a time when subjects of the British Empire prided themselves on individualism, the right of living under laws consented by people who represented you, and a general freedom. Post-American revolution you have this culture mixing with other cultures (other European, African, some native American, etc) all the while cranking the rabid individualism and freedom up to the nth degree.

Oh, you meant tell you the specific things Americans do that is American culture? Fuck off that's not how culture works.

Unrivaled technological innovation, being at the Vanguard of space exploration, keeping Earth entertained through our media, being a deterrent for military aggression, protecting most of the countries on Earth, etc

America doesn't have culture, we have CULTURES.

>this is what southerners actually believe

Brahmins playing Dalits and Helots against Vaisyas in order to spite Optimates.

lmgtfy.com/?q=american culture

Individualism

Whatever it is, it's too widespread.

Not an argument.

>people in the first picture aren't even white
>rest of them are basically just flags
That's not culture.

At least in my part of California
>Nice to almost everyone in public with a lot of shit talking of people behind their back
>Eat a lot of citrus and avocado
>High potency beer and wine
>Weed seen as less taboo than tobacco
>Tanned skin seen as better
>Interracial and cross-religious relations not considered taboo
>Fusion cuisine

A bunch of music made by black people.

Garbage

Of course it's not an argument. He's asking you to define culture for him to provide you a better answer. christ lad

That's terrible. Sorry.

Same plus we put ranch dressing on EVERYTHING. Bow down to california, the masters of fine cuisine.

He said American culture, not Bay Area bullshit. Go drown yourself after sucking off a beach bum, you dudebro fgt.

Cowboys and Big Macs. Yeeeeehawwww

Notice how they cant give you a simplr answer.

Europeans always keep their legs to the ground, they never kick their feet up.

SAD

Neoliberalism and a focus on Liberal democracy and Capitalism would be a good way of putting it, it's often reduced to "burgers lol" but speaking as a non American those are the things that really say America to me.

>dies of a heart attack.

>protecting most of the countries on Earth, etc
Yes the Ukraine still thanks you.

Ukraine is rightful russian clay.

In-N-Out burgers are over rated.

t. jap

As is the rest of europe as i understand it.

>Kids die in a school shooting.

It's pretty great.

And diabetes and debt!

Clapping in a movie theater.

Clapping when the plane you're inside of lands.

Everything I don't like

And MacNCheese!

Individualism, patriotic love, being nice to people and talking shit behind there backs, MUH FREEDOM,passion, burgers, cowboys, and in the words of one of our craziest presidents, winning at all cost
Other than that, mostly british culture

What? This is an American thing?

I do this all the time at work, mainly because I'm given about a 2' by 2' spot for a desk that's occupied by equipment and have to rest my laptop on my lap.

America is a large place and there is no one all encompassing example of American culture.
If you go to the South West, the culture will have lots of influence from Mexico. If you go to Appalachia the folk music is deeply rooted in the ballads of England and Scotland. If you go to the North East you'll see culinary influences from Italy, Ireland, England, Germany and many more places.
However, the thing that binds all these people is respect for freedom, individualism, self determination, and liberty.

what country? are your feet higher than your head when you do it? It's more than just reclining.

>However, the thing that binds all these people is respect for freedom, individualism, self determination, and liberty.

America is pretty much the same everywhere, I used to live in the midwest for quite a few years, now I live in Arizona and the only thing that's different is the weather.

Forgot about ranch dressing

>tfw leave California and prople look at me weird for putting ranch on pizza and onion rings

>one of
Another piece of American culture, we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt

Gubbment fuck OFF

fatness

>lived in 2 places
>America is pretty much the same everywhere

and that is our culture

Nanomachines son

explain

he's /pol/, ignore him and he'll go away

Well those two places are pretty far away from each other. You would gain some perspective if you ever lived abroad too, America is so homogenous that people consider having Whataburger instead of In-N-Out a significant cultural difference.

>America is pretty much the same everywhere

Because culture can't easily be explained in a single post.
What's British culture?

Yep.

I am not from Nor Cal, disgusting that you'd associate me with those techie douchebags

I just mean, I'm sorry that you have to live there. Seems terrible.
Does it not?

Lets post some culture stuff from the different states
I'll start
Florida- complete and udder transparency

America is foremost and above all a multicultural country for refugees and those who want the opportunity to live a free and successful life.
If you don't agree go back to wherever you came from cus this isn't your country.

>udder transparency
That's only Miami

> living in the greatest country that ever existed in history
>terrible

Not exactly the word I'd use, but to each his own.

>culinary influence
>England
I've never seen spotted dick and pigs blood for breakfast outside of films.

Nah America is fine, it's just California is a shithole.

What is culture?

They're not just overrated, they're actually bad.

No we're fucking not

No, I just mean California.

It's the opposite, get to fuck beautiful women of all races who are vane as fuck. Delicious healthy food year round. Vent your frustrations with people behind their backs

Ever travelled outside the US? There is more cultural difference between Stuttgart and Berlin than there is between San Francisco and NYC.

>Manhattan and bumfuck Kansas
>comparable

>California
>healthy food
lol

>non-white vain women being considered a positive
This is how deep the shitpit you are.

Not just comparable, but identical.

what's wrong with girls who care about how they look? Also why are you obsessed with whiteness?

(different poster), Having lived here my whole life i'd say this. The regional differences between regions and states use to be far more pronounced. With the advent of a more centralized government, television, mass travel, mass culture, mass media, chain restaurants, chain clothing stores etc these differences have began to homogenize into a generic American culture starting around the 1950s.

This being said, the differences between regions in the US and even states is still there. If only a more subtle version. Alot of the problem is Northeasters and Westcoasters moving to other parts of the country for job and economic opportunities.

>what's wrong with girls who care about how they look?
Vanity is evil.

>Also why are you obsessed with whiteness?
Because I'm white.

>Califaggotria

Well, Americanism isn't a word that came out of the blue.

Not really, no. The only parts of the US still culturally distinct are the Deep South, the Appalachians and New England. All the rest of America has the cultural diversity and uniqueness of suburban Cleveland.

The Northwest has its own culture. I'd say the Midwest does too. The Southwest does naturally.

>The only parts of the US still culturally distinct are the Deep South, the Appalachians and New England.
You realize those are 3 major regions, right? West coast is still different from the Midwest. Utah, Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas are all different from Northeast and Westcoast.

you have to be 18 to post here, champ