Watching this podcast

>watching this podcast
>realize I have to pay 15 dollars to see 3 episodes that he's randomly put behind a paywall spread out across the podcast

well that's fucking disappointing

>charging money for a podcast
??????

he's got 3 episodes that are 5 dollars each, labeled "fundraising episodes"

Can't he just collect donations and sell shirts like a normal person?

>listening to a fucking audiobook
>not even a popular history book for entry level plebs that doesn't have footnotes since they might confuse

You don't deserve to be on this board.

the golden age of the internet is fast coming to an end, another decade or so everything will be behind a paywall with seal tight drm

>watching audio content
>paying for a podcast
LMAO what are you doing???

well obviously instead of paying I went on Veeky Forums to bitch about i

what is this pls give link

The History of Byzantium

Are the episodes behind paywalls important or are they just extra content?

they're important.

smack dab right in the middle of the overall narrative and they continue the story that you will be confused as fuck about if you try to skip since they're integral to the storyline. They're not some "special" episodes about some specific thing, they're full-on episodes that are required in order to follow the story.

Shit, maybe they're on piratebay or something idk?

nope, just checked

I see it as quite the fucking betrayal that this board has recommended this podcast in almost every podcast thread that it's relevant in, and yet NOBODY has ever mentioned that there are important episodes hidden behind a paywall

try soulseek

what is it, just another torrent program? Does it have it's own torrent list? All I see on google is a download link, is the search function embedded in the application or something?

Nobody has listened to more than five episodes because Robin is boring as fuck.

>implying anyone on this board reads

It's why I stopped. I think one of the Irene episodes is behind a paywall and that was a story I was really looking forward too. Anything involving the main narrative should, in no way, be paywalled. Keep that shit to extra content.

Or even more reasonably, just start a Patreon. No having to paywall your content and you can do a handful of bonus episodes once a year as a fundraiser. I've actually wondered why someone like he or Mike Duncan don't go the Patreon route. I'd feel it's warranted, would be willing to pay to support them and it feels like it'd be the easier, more stable route than having to rely on annual fundraisers to last you through the year.

>look into how to buy the episode
>need to register and sign in
>registration and sign in pages have no HTTPS
wow, really? You can get a literally free certificate from LetsEncrypt.

it's an old school p2p sharing type program

it's really good though

explain mister hacker god

It means the connection is not secure so someone else on the same network could read anything you enter into the page, including your password, or someone could set up a fake page that looks like the login page and trick you into giving them your password.

So did nobody on Veeky Forums who recommended this series really get those episodes? At the very least does anybody have episode 28, since that sits right in the middle of the narrative of Justinian I and its absence is really infuriating?