en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_steak
youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ
schwartzsdeli.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Nanaimo bar.

All-American

Is that actually a thing?
What the hell is a toast sandwich?

Saved Britain from the Great Depression. If the irish were half as clever they wouldn't have starved

Fairy bread? I still don't get why it's such a meme in Australia, but anyhow.

Ameriga fug yeah.

>eating bread
>considered clever in England
no wonder your empire crashed so hard

fucking boring
hell yeah

>he thinks hamburgers are American
>Hamburger
>Hamburg

Jesus fucking Christ

Melk-smen

I don't know which native tribe in particular invented it, but Canada couldn't have been settled without pemmican

that looks disgusting

it's basically ground up dried meat, rendered fat, nuts and berries mixed in to a gelatinous cake and sewed in to a skin bag for long term storage
beats starving to death in the winter

The hamburger in its modern state is American, not German.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_steak

Lobsta rolls

I've never seen a hotdog bun in that form which isn't shitbread, it looks like half-stale 99-cent-store fare.

so does your mom's pussy but someone still fucked it

I doubt my mom ever had sex

Say that to Jesus m8 I dare you.

This is actually good if the sausage used is good.

Comfiest thread ever.
Who knew a Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums thread would be so toasty?

Fucking egg cream. Historically important because they're amazing.

I'll add another New York classic.

Montreal did it better.

I bet you think Danishes are Danish, too.

when Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums meet, the result is the comfiest channel on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ

The way to tell if they're well made is if they retain a little bit of broth/juice inside, but the skin is not soggy and collapsing.

You eat them by nibbling a little hole in the side and drinking the broth before finishing the whole thing.

this

I like using oscar meyer sausages

Can this be made with chocolate milk and soda water?

Boy have I got some bad news for you about french fries.

Genuinely curious. Explain.

That's all it is.

schwartzsdeli.com/

I'm more referring to the idea of a meat-heavy sandwich on rye. This type of sandwich is extremely popular all over Canada, more-so than the Reuben here. They can be considered equivalents from their respective countries, because they are so similar and were both invented by Jews.

However, the 'Montreal-style smoked meat' sandwich generally uses much better cuts of beef that are also better prepared, and doesn't have an assload of cheese ruining every bite.

I'm sure it does but my first thought on seeing it was 'birdfood' and its certainly not something I would promote

Color me enticed. Makes me wish I hadn't just left upstate NY. I'd make the trip to sample this.

I didn't post it because it's good (It's okay if you make a greasy hash with it) I posted it because of its historical significance -supporting the fur trade and the settling of both the canadian and american interiors- which was the premise of the thread, not just showing off food from your country which is what it turned in to.

Sorry, I've been bouncing back and forth and forgot the thread topic. As a historically significant food it is 100% correct.

You probably could get an imitation in New York, I've only been to Schwartz's twice but have had a bunch of imitations. Despite what locals say, a good imitation will be similar enough to the original, but of course if you want the sandwich as it was intended you ought to travel to Montreal and see if you can get a spot at Schwartz's.

I think the spice mix based on their recipe is the most popular in Canada, actually. It's a really special flavor, because it was based upon a picking spice. It's salty, sour, and somehow a bit minty or sharp. It's not the same flavor as the sandwich but is similar enough.

You can probably order it, or even find it in a grocery store. I've even enjoyed it on salmon, but it is best with pork and beef. My mother doesn't know how to cook meat, so when I was about 14 and allowed to use the barbecue on my own but still didn't really know how to cook, I began tenderizing pork chops with a fork, rubbing the spice in with lemon juice, and cooking it until after the fat renders and it's cooked throughout.

I dislike pork, but this is one of the ways I'll eat it. Use more spice, not less.

Unfortunately, I'm in Georgia now, but my wife's a New Yorker so I may explore it the next time we visit. The salmon variation sounds interesting but I'd have to try the pork and beef first.

Now this kind of thread i don't mind.
Veeky Forums >>> /pol/ >>>>>>> /int/
Gorgeous
Sounds dumb, but i'd try it.
How does it differ from any other boiled fat and meat chunk, jelly like, dishes?

>There's people here who haven't eaten rotten herring
Plebs the lot of you.

Originated as a scam in Sweden to sell "poor" fish to Finnish people. However they loved it so it became a thing.

I absolutely cannot imagine how awful that must be, but it is a good idea.

>How does it differ from any other boiled fat and meat chunk, jelly like, dishes?
everything including its container was sourced on site in the buffalo hunts, and assuming the skin used for a bag was clean and the sewing job was airtight, it would remain edible for decades

Are Finns even human?

some kind of human/alcohol hybrid

Damn.

How exactly was it a hard crash?

Not invented by my country but this food has kept countless PhD candidates, starving artists, and Japanese businessmen alive for the last 50 years

Neat. I have to try that.

The trick is to eat very little of it at a time, it acts more like a seasoning than a proper dish.

>sun now sets on the """british empire"""
>most popular male newborn name in london is muhammad

Don't fucking judge, I would've used pavlova but it was made by kiwis first

Based. Good choice user.

Bacalhau com todos. A Portuguese dish consisting of salted cod, chickpeas, various vegetables, a boiled egg all doused in olive oil.

It's fucking delicious.

forgot pic

Bacalhau com todos = fish with everything

Based portuganon.
Olive oil is the best thing in the world.

That looks pretty good.

Fanta has got an interesting history.
First drink under this name was inveneted by a Coca-Cola chemist in 1940 because the resources for Cola were getting scarce. Main ingredients were whey and apple pulp... It became much more popular among the Germans than Coca Cola itself.
The fanta with the orange taste as its known today was invented by an Italian, however.

The Hamburger is american you dumbass. The idea that it was invented in Hamburg Germany is a meme fact

freedom fries*

The taste isn't horrible but the smell absolutely is.
You're supposed to open it under a air pocket underwater so you don't accidentally summon Baphomet

that looks both awful and diabetes inducing

Very good yes.

Swedish drink

Julmust
It's a must!

It's just sprinkles on buttered bread.
Truly our greatest achievment.

Fat Tuesday is white and based

Milanesa napolitana.

Wait, they aren't?

Anyone ever had Hardtack before? I remember back in my school days they had a recipe for it in the history textbook. It was suppose to be one of the most common foods for confederate troops during the Civil War

CouCous.

i live 1km far from a couscous factory.
my grandma made money from making couscous on a big scale.

the food that feed.

Only people in Finland that might eat that are Finnish Swedes.

Trail of pics coming.

we eat it in the morning only.

you see here a medium couscous with Susage, chicken,eggs and vegitables as topping. the sauce is nesecary.

The Dutch did it first

Each house (family) has here style of topping and sauce.

best food coming in

>he does not know of the superior semla...

Dumb frogposter

BREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREAD
TOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOASTTOAST
BREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREADBREAD
le toast sandwich XDD!!!

Not just my country, my state. But it's not a proud history. Lobsters use to be trash, we'd use them for fertilizers, and poor people would feed them to dogs. MAYBE if you were a homeless person you'd eat them, but probably not, it's pretty fucking low. Then from railroads we started to get tourists. We told them it was an exotic delicacy, and now the whole world wants Maine lobster. But it's fucking trash food, and all of Maine fucking smells because of lobsters

> All of Maine fucking smells because of lobsters

Thank you.

I have often wo dered about this but never met anyone from maine to ask. i had a feeling itd probably reek over there.

Looks good
What country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

I presume it's whole fish, and I'm very selective with what kind of offal I'll eat.

yeah, I don't even remember the context in which I ate it. either a school thing or some LDS shit when I was dating a mormon.

like a pita but tougher and way too salty.

This a good thread :)

Like bannock?

literally the best fucking dish ever invented
we have a lot of shit dishes, from codfish to the pig's entrails served on a plat - but by far this the best invention we have to share with the rest of the world

if you ever come to portugal be sure to ask for a francesinha specially if you go to the north

Ids gud

Some madman decided to stab a tree and drink the first thing to come out it.

Yum
>sauerkraut
>rye
Is that a German sandwich?

The Reuben was made by an Ashkenazi Jew, so yes it pretty much is German.

>very little
It'll start to go bad as soon as it is un-canned.

It's literally just a worse saltine

Wait, then where do they get their name from?

Lobster rolls are surprisingly good, but if you don't live where lobster is cheap, it's a dumb way to spend money.

Also they're usually made on New England hot dog buns and the sides are grilled like a grilled cheese.