August 1st prep

If you aren't aware of what is going to go down on August 1st in BTC world then you need to wake the fuck up. This will be the biggest 24hr in crypto history.

What's going down:
>archive.is/t7syo

What is UASF?
>uasf.co/ (good guys)

BitMAIN Miner Activated Hard Fork announcement (bad guys)
>archive.is/9AZcm

Which chain will Veeky Forums follow?
>strawpoll.me/13191719

How to protect and profit?
>youtube.com/watch?v=QjZk7N7RXfA

Tldr: The ongoing scaling debate will finally come to an end when users activate SegWit via BIP148. As this will result in lower miner fees, BITMAIN (Jihan Wu) will attempt a hard-fork. Your coins will be on both chains, however the price will be affected. It's essential that everyone is aware of the event and gets behind the UASF.

i'm taking all my money out before then

Why? Your best shout is to HODL.

bump

This is why I have scooped up a lot of LTC. LTC is the obvious place people will go to if they don't want to cash out and don't beat to be caught in the BTC shit late July and early August. SOMETHING will go way up, and I think it will be LTC. ETH is WAY too slow and unsafe for a shitload of people to store their money in while this shit goes down, therefore LITECOIN. It is stupidly undervalued as it is.

disclaimer I own all three

I love to find some gem in all this garbage. Tell us more. Drop some links/twitter/discussion that we can follow ?

UASF is a complete clusterfuck. Anyone actively promoting it should be ashamed of himself, and considered dangerous by the community.It's especially disgraceful that some people from Blockstream and from Bitcoin Core are actively encouraging it.
Suck my dick you fucking paid shill,hope you'll loose all your crypto

Hmm, where do I store my BTC while this takes place...

Oh I know, fucking MOONCOIN.

TO THE FUCKING MOON BOYS.

I'm inclined to agree with you and I've been thinking the same. My only worry is if SegWit is activated on BTC then LTC might become partially redundant.

Why so? I'm not a shill but I can't exactly prove either way. This is probably the only non-shill thread on this fucking board at the moment, just look at the reply below yours for proof. IMO the best way to scale is SegWit as a HF is an explicitly dangerous idea for so many reasons. As miners are refusing to activate SegWit, the only way to do is via UASF.

lol if you use this shitcoin for anything but trading

So I should be buying a bunch of BTC and ETH during this dip, which is a preparation for the pump before the Aug 1 crash?

I wouldn't honestly unless you're investing into an Altcoin.
Everything is going to go down, BTC possibly to below $1000 in August.
So, buy for investing or just wait.

kys blockstream shill

So go all in on ETC?

this

Yup. Buy ETH.

>the good goys

this desu. fuck off back to r/bitcoin

Good thoughtful arguments.

go suck theymos dick again then kys

Anyone else suspect that they will come to a secret agreement sometime before aug 1, they'll announce it and btc will skyrocket to $10k, and this will happen right as ETH crashes into the core of the earth?

BIP148 is coming whether you like it or not. You better be prepared, that's the point of this thread.

One can pray

>requiring censorship to keep their shit 2nd layer narrative alive.
no further arguments needed, just kys.

BTC can't scale to any VISA-style system. It's been the case since 2010 that a second layer is needed. That layer is SegWit and LN.

Anyone ever have fantasies where right at the climax of the UASF crisis, Satoshi returns to provide guidance and saves the day?

>this will never happen in your lifetime

Open LN channels for 7 billion people then. Too expensive? Oh too bad, here have a middleman opening one for you goyim. No p2p payments will ever economically work with this.

What's the alternative? No one would be forcing you to use it anyway.

>BIP148 is coming whether you like it or not.

Less than 2% of nodes are enforcing

>"We support BIP148 and node count doesn't really matter at this point. We will have our node ready in time. I personally hope we can get SegWit before August first but if Jihan wants war, I know where I stand. - Mycelium Developers May 27, 2017"

Who is theymos? I've heard this guy controls the Bitcoin Reddit. Is that true?

>quoting ico scammers
At least use a reputable group of people and not guys that took 5k btc (for a 5% stake in mycelium) for 'wallet upgrades' and produced nothing.

litedoge desu

You are completely missing the point.
/spoiler
>what is game theory

Embrace our lord and savour Monero and seek forgiveness for the reckoning is coming.

How do I make money from this chaos? Which coins will rise, regardless of the outcome for btc.