Mfw i short on every "crash"

>mfw i short on every "crash"

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/university/margin/margin1.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

larp

I m here from a month and still didn't get ebay shorting means

it means you cut your coins short, transfer them to fiat

At a loss? Why not just invest into other coins?

short means you sell with coins you don't have by borrowing money from the exchange

what?? how do you borrow money from the exchange?

yes

lol what the fuck that doesnt even make sense are you dumb or just a troll

>sold at 2500
>buy back at 2500 thinking it would stop falling
>it falls further down

well

in all seriousness, sites like bitfinex will let you borrow funds from other users at a low interest (but above 0.01% per day), you can sell those coins then pay back the loan after the coin crashed with a net profit

you have to have enough money at the exchange to never be able to default on your loans, though, so you need money before you can take loans

s/but above/bit above

Ah ok, I was gonna ask what happens if the coins you borrowed funds for crash and you can't pay back.

buy high sell low

>lol what the fuck that doesnt even make sense are you dumb or just a troll

Actually it makes perfect sense. What he describing is shorting, selling on margin and profiting from something going down.

How does it feel knowing that YOU are actually the retard?

What does selling on margin mean

>what is margin
>what is shorting
>not knowing even the very basics of trading

this is why i hate this board. fucking 12 year olds.

retards still don't know the difference between shorting and day-trading

lmfao

whatever faggot just tell me

how about you fuck off and go back to playing with your fidget spinners or whatever 12 year old are doing.

Noo please my mum isn't gonna be happy when she finds out I lost her $20!

you obviously dont know what margin trading is then. busted.

he totally doesn't know, he's just on this board to sound smart or he would have been able to explain it

Margin trading is using borrowed funds to trade with. Can't you fucking niggers use duckduckgo or investopedia?

>tfw high school didnt offer an economics class
you are on the internet though.

go read investopedia.com kiddo and come back when you're on point with the basics. we are professional traders here

retarded nigger

Neither do you, dumbass

*slow claps*

>learned all about stock trading in middle school
Was a good school.

investopedia.com/university/margin/margin1.asp

just started browsing this as my main board, was biz always this retarded? is this a normie flood from crypto surging or is this just summer?

damn my school offered 1 (one) economics class, "intro to economics and personal finance". had to be a senior so thats when i took it.

no youre just super intelligent plz teach us plebs everything you know

>there are other fish in the sea
>its always darkest before dawn
>never go to bed angry

ty

going to bed angry is the worst

Please go margin trade, the market could use one more idiot giving away his money.

"Biz"
Hi guys. You sound like streetwise intelligent gentlemen.

Would you be interested in buying some magic beans from me at 1270 satoshi per bean?

They are like bitbeans but rarer.

And short selling is a thing - you borrow coins from an exchange and immediately sell them. You promise to return them by a future time. You usually leave collateral on the exchange. If the loss ever becomes greater than a set amount then there is a "margin call" where the exchange liquidates your position, i.e. Cancels your trade and used all of your collateral to get their original investment back. However, if the market really does crash, you end up with a load of free coins and cash (you did risk losing everything though - eating shit if the market suddenly gains).

It's also know as leveraged trading, and an easy way to lose money.

ok

Magic beans on the other hand...

A top notch investment. Hey, I'll even throw in a free Lambo if you take 20,000,000 each.

>mfw so many people ITT have no idea what margin is or how short selling works
Wew fucking lad
Scariest part is that these people are going to try this and won't know how to handle the inevitable margin call. The severity of the ignorance of people in this market is stunning and pretty scary.
We're talking people who couldn't even google this shit. Most likely they didn't understand what terms to even be searching.

It really is a bubble. Double overtime for the next year